Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Hello
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
Quote from: GTFAN
That's what I needed ready. I printed that post out. It'll probably be riding in the car with me from now on. Thanks for the help.
Glad I could help. Give your word of honor first thing every morning that you will not use nicotine in any way, shape or form. keep your word.

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14
However, let me throw this at you. You have made the decision to quit, you are done, finished and have posted roll call for the day. No amount of beer or peer pressure can make you reverse that decision. I'm not saying go get hammered, I just want you to think about the power of choice.

Congrats on your decision.
That's it for me. I've been out with the boys three or four times already... I'm not cocky in my quit, but I know that I'm quit, period. Three guys in my office dip during work... No big deal for me. Trust me, I'm not saying that this quit is easy, but I know that no one could make me take a dip right now. (I'm also not getting super wasted). I think it also helps that I was a closet dipper, so the memorial day party wasn't a trigger for me (despite others dipping) because I never would have dipped then anyway. I did kill a bag of seeds later on though!

You will know when your quit is strong enough to resist temptations. Also, tell the boys you're quit. I had one friend jokingly hand me a tin, only to have three (better) friends swoop in and start intervening eeven though I was good.

Good luck and let me know how I can help you.

Thanks for making my quit stronger today! Proud to be quit with you!
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline GTFAN

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
That's what I needed ready. I printed that post out. It'll probably be riding in the car with me from now on. Thanks for the help.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
Time.

That's what it is going to take. Period. How much? It's a bit different for everyone. Try not to think about how long it's going to take and keep you eye on the prize. What's the prize? YOUR FREEDOM.

What are you willing to do to gain your freedom? There is only one good answer.

I will leave you with this, you have no idea how great things will get. I have not had a serious crave in years. Yep, you heard me right, years. Am I cured? Oh hell no. Am I beating my addiction every day, one day at a time? Yep. It's just a lot easier and it gets easier every day you remain quit.

You can do this.

Offline GTFAN

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I just feel like time is moving soooo slow. Just you saying 50 days makes me shake a little, but I did however post roll. Which means I am, no matter what the circumstance are, nic. free for today.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »
You will know when its time to have a beer with the boys....don't worry about that right now. The important thing is you have realized you need to stay away from those triggers. We lose many a quitter to an early quit beerfest. As far as your friends go, if they are your friends they will understand. If they don't, then fuck'em.

A timeline......50 days seems to be reasonable for most guys. However, let me throw this at you. You have made the decision to quit, you are done, finished and have posted roll call for the day. No amount of beer or peer pressure can make you reverse that decision. I'm not saying go get hammered, I just want you to think about the power of choice.

Congrats on your decision.

Offline GTFAN

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
Nice to meet you nico! Happy to quit with you! Way to go on the 32nd!

Offline GTFAN

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
Since I am in just my first week of quit, I have pretty much hunkered down at the house. I have turned everyone down to go "grab a beer" after work. I haven't been to my best friend/neighbors house all week bc I am so used to walking in and putting one in as I sit on the couch. I am not going with all my buddies up to the river today to drink beer and ride around in the boat until dark. I have done all the right things to stay away from dip this week, but when do I get my life back? When do I get to go grab that beer after work and start hanging out with my bros again? I know it's my descision to quit and I shouldn't feel so damn sorry for myself, but I woke this morning with a little bit of depression, thiniking that all bc this stupid f*king dip I can't have fun this weekend? Thanks for letting me vent my feelings fellas.

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »
WELCOME ABOARD THE QUITTERS TRAIN!! I made my 32nd day! It can be done, one day at a time. Nicofiend

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
Quote from: mattatk81
Hello all.  This is my first day as a member of the site, but I have been lurking in the shadows for the past 4 days now.  I'll start off by saying that I dipped copenhagen since I was 16, gradually becoming a can a day guy over the past 10 years.  The last dip I had was on Monday after the weekend.  It has been a hard week, but I feel like I am starting to conquer this beast.  I am fairly nervous going into the weekend.  Although my cravings are much more under control, I haven't really put it to the test.  I've managed to stay away from my friends that dip and I've managed to not drink any beer this week either.  Any advice is welcome and WANTED.  Thanks to everyone for the support.

P.S. I keep reading about a "roll call" for new quiters.  If someone could link me to that it would be much apreciated.
Nice to be quit with you! I dont know that its the best thing to do, but I have been chewin the fake stuff when I get the bad cravings, mint snuff. I try not to be too dependent on it but it helps. But most of all man dont stress yourself out over the weekend, cross that bridge when ya get there. You post roll and make a promise not to cave to the nic bitch for today and tommorow you make a promise for tommorow. One day at a time man, thinkin too far ahead will get your mind churning and make it feel hopeless. Stay focused and if ya need help or someone to scream at hit me up.
Congrats on coming out of the shadows. Roll call is what makes this place work. It may seem silly at first to put your name, number of days quit, and (optionally) some remark. It did to me, but it works. I'm quit 262 days now, and the folks in my group still see my name on that list every day. If not, I'll get a text from some of them. That's the accountability aspect. Those folks have become my friends, even though we've never met, and we watch each other's backs. Don't think of it as a "Roll Call". Think of it as a promise that nicotine is off the table for 24 hours. Then keep your promise. Post early every day. Make some friends. Get some numbers. Enjoy the insanity referred to as "the suck". Glad to be quit with you.

Offline GTFAN

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
Hello all.  This is my first day as a member of the site, but I have been lurking in the shadows for the past 4 days now.  I'll start off by saying that I dipped copenhagen since I was 16, gradually becoming a can a day guy over the past 10 years.  The last dip I had was on Monday after the weekend.  It has been a hard week, but I feel like I am starting to conquer this beast.  I am fairly nervous going into the weekend.  Although my cravings are much more under control, I haven't really put it to the test.  I've managed to stay away from my friends that dip and I've managed to not drink any beer this week either.  Any advice is welcome and WANTED.  Thanks to everyone for the support.

P.S. I keep reading about a "roll call" for new quiters.  If someone could link me to that it would be much apreciated.
Nice to be quit with you! I dont know that its the best thing to do, but I have been chewin the fake stuff when I get the bad cravings, mint snuff. I try not to be too dependent on it but it helps. But most of all man dont stress yourself out over the weekend, cross that bridge when ya get there. You post roll and make a promise not to cave to the nic bitch for today and tommorow you make a promise for tommorow. One day at a time man, thinkin too far ahead will get your mind churning and make it feel hopeless. Stay focused and if ya need help or someone to scream at hit me up.
Thanks fellas. Nice to quit with you as well. You made a great point about not looking to far ahead. That's usually when I start craving the most when I think about what am I going to do during this and that...I look forward to quithing with you guys. I feel good about myself for joining. Look forward to posting roll.

Offline nomosko

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »

Posting roll is the most important part of quitting. Once you make that promise to yourself and the brothers in your group dipping is no longer an option. This is the best decision you have made. Stay strong over the weekend.
Never give up!!!
Quit, Quit, Quit
Quit Date 2/6/11
HOF 5/16/11
2nd floor 8/24/11
3rd floor 12/2/11
1 Year 2/5/12
4th floor 3/11/12
5th floor 6/19/12
6th floor 9/27/12
7th floor 1/5/13
2 Years 2/5/13
8th floor 4/15/13
9th floor 7/25/13
COMMA 11/1/13
3 Years 2/5/14
11th floor 2/9/14

Offline mattatk81

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-07-18
  • Interests: MMA, Boxing, fishing, hunting, camping, and anything that hauls ass.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 10:05:00 AM »
Hello all. This is my first day as a member of the site, but I have been lurking in the shadows for the past 4 days now. I'll start off by saying that I dipped copenhagen since I was 16, gradually becoming a can a day guy over the past 10 years. The last dip I had was on Monday after the weekend. It has been a hard week, but I feel like I am starting to conquer this beast. I am fairly nervous going into the weekend. Although my cravings are much more under control, I haven't really put it to the test. I've managed to stay away from my friends that dip and I've managed to not drink any beer this week either. Any advice is welcome and WANTED. Thanks to everyone for the support.

P.S. I keep reading about a "roll call" for new quiters. If someone could link me to that it would be much apreciated.

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
Hello all. This is my first day as a member of the site, but I have been lurking in the shadows for the past 4 days now. I'll start off by saying that I dipped copenhagen since I was 16, gradually becoming a can a day guy over the past 10 years. The last dip I had was on Monday after the weekend. It has been a hard week, but I feel like I am starting to conquer this beast. I am fairly nervous going into the weekend. Although my cravings are much more under control, I haven't really put it to the test. I've managed to stay away from my friends that dip and I've managed to not drink any beer this week either. Any advice is welcome and WANTED. Thanks to everyone for the support.

P.S. I keep reading about a "roll call" for new quiters. If someone could link me to that it would be much apreciated.
GTFAN,

Welcome to the best decision you could make, this is going to be tough but it will be worth it. Here is a link on how to post roll:

http://killthecan.org/community/welcome.asp#roll

Here is a link to your quit group:

index.php?showtopic=4751

Sounds like you have been reading up. Keep reading and stay close to the site.
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
Welcome. Check your (Inbox 1) upper right corner of your screen.

Everything you need to get started is linked. You will see what it means to post roll. Once you understand what it means to post roll, do it.

Then, Keep You Word.