Author Topic: Intro  (Read 1498 times)

Offline WolfPDX

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-25
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 06:58:00 PM »
I know all too well about the hidden work chew. Having lunch with clients/co-workers is a regular occurrence in my line of work. I can't count how many times I have declined a lunch offer because that was my sacred chew time. It is ridiculous that we are/were sacrificing advancement in our career or camaraderie with colleagues to take a chew. That shit stops now.

Glad you made the decision to quit. Posting roll every day is no joke. It has allowed me to avoid taking a dip every time a craving comes around - and they come often. Just post in the morning (WUPP) and then keep a promise. It's not that hard to keep a promise, right? Only assholes break promises.

Happy to quit with you today. WolfPDX - Day 54 with Alterego.
Intro - http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/30200231/1/
Quit Date - 3/25/17
Special thanks to the creator of KTC (I think it's Chewie..), Gentgeen, Kingnothing, Mike1996, Richard K, Clemte, Heliken, AJ, Samrs, Young, Net Gain, and all of July 2017. Staying Quit with all of you!

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 574
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »
I see you posted roll, great job! This will be one of - if not the hardest thing you do for yourself. But you do this for yourself. You do this so that once you have a better head on your shoulders, your kids will enjoy you more. Your wife will enjoy you more (assuming you are married).

This place is littered with people just like you, who had to hide it. They are called "ninja dippers", but we are all addicts in this together. That is what makes this place great. Get to know your group, get involved with other people's quits.

I quit with you today! DonkeyMN 107 days free
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Bert75

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 11:31:00 AM »
Welcome Alterego. You are here for a reason it's time to start a new part of your life without nicotine. All of us here are just like you. You will have the support of MANY folks that know exactly what your dealing with. All you need to do is give it 100% and show up here every day and make your promise. It really does work. The time is NOW to get this taken care of. It's going to totally suck for a while but that is your reminder that you don't want to go through this again. Hang in there!

Offline alterego

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 5-17-17
  • Likes Given: 2
Intro
« on: May 17, 2017, 10:47:00 AM »
It's been a long road to get to this point. Seems like for most of my adult life it was either smoking (18 - 26) or chewing (30 - 36) or some combination of the two. I thought I would quit 4 years ago when my first kid was born. Then I thought I would quit 2 years ago when my second kid was born. I've always hidden the fact, and haven't actually been discovered, but I'm so sick of it. Long "upstairs" breaks from the fam, the nonsensical errand on the weekend so I can swing by a gas station and take 20 minutes longer than I was supposed to, the closed office door at work with a coffee cup and lid so others don't know. This isn't the person I want to be. I'm over it. This is going to be hard, and since nobody in my real life knows, I can't talk about to family or friends. So I need a support group. I'm hoping this is it. Today I commit to quit, and tomorrow I'll do the same, but for now I'm focusing on today.
Amazing   - AlterEgo