Author Topic: Intro - First Day  (Read 670 times)

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
Re: Intro - First Day
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 02:39:00 PM »
BigJon. Good thing you are quitting now before your wife leaves you over a F'n can of dip. It took mine leaving me to finally recognize what a turd I really was. Get that SHIT out of your life now!!!  You will be SO much happier down the road. I am 428 days quit and have my family back and I wasn't able to use Mastercard either!!! Embrace the Suck!!! You have a hard road ahead of you but it is WORTH it!!! Get active with your Feb '10 quit group. They will be your lifeline!!!and fill up your phone with quitter's numbers for emergencies. PM if you need one!!!

Offline BigJon

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Well BigJon, you made it to the quitters club. THE REAL QUITTERS CLUB! Congrats on the sobriety. This is a different ballgame, but you know how to prepare you mind from previous experience. You can do this!!!!!!

But I must disagree with one part of your intro:
"The one thing I could still do without consequences."

Wrong!!!!!!

If you would like to see a possible list of the consequences, please PM me and I will send you a copy of my dental bill, and other things I am going thourgh.

I bet ODT will also send you some pics of his surgery if you have't seen them.

You Can Do This!
Thanks for the welcome. Believe me, I recognize that I'm not immune from mouth cancer and a whole bunch of other shit too. I was just referencing how the beast would convince me that it's ok. I know it's not. I've been that thing's slave for too long.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 01:24:00 PM »
Well BigJon, you made it to the quitters club. THE REAL QUITTERS CLUB! Congrats on the sobriety. This is a different ballgame, but you know how to prepare you mind from previous experience. You can do this!!!!!!

But I must disagree with one part of your intro:
"The one thing I could still do without consequences."

Wrong!!!!!!

If you would like to see a possible list of the consequences, please PM me and I will send you a copy of my dental bill, and other things I am going thourgh.

I bet ODT will also send you some pics of his surgery if you have't seen them.

You Can Do This!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »
Quote from: BigJon
Well, here i am in my first day without the can. Been dippin for 19 years now and tried to quit many more times that I choose to remember. I almost always tried to use some type of secession program (Gum/Patch/Etc.) And always ended up going back to the can. I came across this site while searching for some support and saw this story. http://www.killthecan.org/facts/accident.asp  It spoke to me, motivated me and inspired me to follow through on my commitment to quit. See, my wife and I have had too many dip fights to count. Holy s**t does she ever hate the fact that I dip... And I recently found out that I'm going to be a Dad next spring. I don't want to put my addiction to nicotine before my wife and kid. I don't want to be a slave to this beast any longer.  One other thing, I'm in recovery for drinkin. Been sober for 14 years. Dip was my "one last vice"... The one thing I could still do without consequences. No jail, no "dippping and driving" tickets... Turns out this is the biggest problem I've ever had. It's big, nasty claws are into my skin and they are tearing away for a fix today. But, I'm first steppin it. One minute, hour, day at a time. Enough is enough. Time to put this beast to bed.

-J
One day when my kid was around 2, he looked out the window and saw me put a dip in as i was pulling out of the driveway. He asked his mother what was that brown stuff I was putting in my mouth. She didnt know what to say. I felt like shit and really stupid and a loser.

I am proud to say I am quit 220 days but that kid is now also 15.

You're doing the right thing!!!

Stay quit and don't be a loser like me.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline Aug

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 12:22:00 PM »
My wife told me I would have to be quit for 1 year before she even entertained the thought of having kids. Which is one of the many reason why I'm here.

Today is a great day for you, grabbing this addiction by the ballz and putting it to bed. Welcome.

Offline cdforecheck

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Ice Hockey
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
Quote from: BigJon
Well, here i am in my first day without the can. Been dippin for 19 years now and tried to quit many more times that I choose to remember. I almost always tried to use some type of secession program (Gum/Patch/Etc.) And always ended up going back to the can. I came across this site while searching for some support and saw this story. http://www.killthecan.org/facts/accident.asp It spoke to me, motivated me and inspired me to follow through on my commitment to quit. See, my wife and I have had too many dip fights to count. Holy s**t does she ever hate the fact that I dip... And I recently found out that I'm going to be a Dad next spring. I don't want to put my addiction to nicotine before my wife and kid. I don't want to be a slave to this beast any longer. One other thing, I'm in recovery for drinkin. Been sober for 14 years. Dip was my "one last vice"... The one thing I could still do without consequences. No jail, no "dippping and driving" tickets... Turns out this is the biggest problem I've ever had. It's big, nasty claws are into my skin and they are tearing away for a fix today. But, I'm first steppin it. One minute, hour, day at a time. Enough is enough. Time to put this beast to bed.

-J
take this seriously, your story is alot like many of us here, we got your back and welcome to the suck
Go Bucks! Quit Date: 12-23-2011

Offline BigJon

• Quitter
Intro - First Day
« on: November 04, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »
Well, here i am in my first day without the can. Been dippin for 19 years now and tried to quit many more times that I choose to remember. I almost always tried to use some type of secession program (Gum/Patch/Etc.) And always ended up going back to the can. I came across this site while searching for some support and saw this story. http://www.killthecan.org/facts/accident.asp It spoke to me, motivated me and inspired me to follow through on my commitment to quit. See, my wife and I have had too many dip fights to count. Holy s**t does she ever hate the fact that I dip... And I recently found out that I'm going to be a Dad next spring. I don't want to put my addiction to nicotine before my wife and kid. I don't want to be a slave to this beast any longer. One other thing, I'm in recovery for drinkin. Been sober for 14 years. Dip was my "one last vice"... The one thing I could still do without consequences. No jail, no "dippping and driving" tickets... Turns out this is the biggest problem I've ever had. It's big, nasty claws are into my skin and they are tearing away for a fix today. But, I'm first steppin it. One minute, hour, day at a time. Enough is enough. Time to put this beast to bed.

-J