Author Topic: First post  (Read 5722 times)

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: First post
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 05:22:00 PM »
Why don't you post roll with the May group? It's how things are done around here.
You'll build a support network, make friends and share accountability. Look top/left in the WELCOME CENTER. 33 yr dipper here, too.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: First post
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
Hi Ya'll,
Not sure how to do this but thought I would give a try. I quit on Feb. 6, 2014. I began chewing when I was 12 years old. That was 36 years ago and that nasty shit has been a part of my life ever since. I was good at chewing and had chewed nearly everything at some point. Mainly Cope until I quit about 12 years ago. That was the only time I tried to quit until now and was successful until I thought I would shove a Swisher Sweet Outlaw Cigar in my mouth to help with the cravings. 12 years later I was biting chunks of the cigars off and had a piece in my mouth at all times except when eating and sleeping. My employees and spouse didn't even realize that I chewed. I was a closet chewer I guess but didn't hide it that much.
I am a veterinarian, outdoorsman, cattle rancher...and chewing has been associated with everything I have ever done.
I am absolutely resolute in my quit and realize how evil that shit is and will not let it get a toe-hold on me again!
I have always thought I could do anything if I put my mind to it but quitting eluded me. I have a 12 year old son and a 6 year old daughter and if I am not there for them ever because I was too big of a pussy and couldn't quit, then I should rot in hell. What more motivation could I possibly need than these two perfect children (my opinion:).
I visited this site as a lurker the day I quit and want to thank everyone involved for helping me so far. Just reading the site and seeing the pictures and stories of what chew has done to people was enough for me to start my quit.
I am doing pretty well so far although the "oral fixation thing" is driving me crazy. I hate gum (pop it constantly and my jaw hurts), sunflower seeds making my mouth sore and giving me the shits, mints I chew up, and all the fake chew (nicotine free) is gross and doesn't make me feel like I am quit. Jerky chew gets old quick. Still...worth every bit to be quit!
Didn't sleep well for a few days but was oddly reinvigorated with lots of cheer and energy from knowing that I will beat the beast!
I still have some of the cigars around because I don't feel like I am quit unless I can withstand the temptation. I had to laugh yesterday, though, as I purely by habit started to grab a cigar when I got in the truck.
Sorry, I feel like this is rambling and very long winded.
In short, thanks! We will do this!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
First post
« on: February 28, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014