Author Topic: Day 1 of 8  (Read 3019 times)

Offline wcrotty3

• BANNED
  • Quitter
    • https:
  • Quit Date: 2017-02-01
  • Interests: Family, Guitars, Golf, Music, Boating, Sales and Marketing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1 of 8
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 02:26:08 PM »
I know this time I am going to quit chewing and also any form of Nic this and everyday going forward the rest of my life. After about 38 yrs of Nic in my system, and never quitting Nic, Day 5 of quit Nic seems peaceful for me. I also have the support of my wife who is a smoker and also quitting nic 4 days ago. She is one day behind me and we have our own count of days going on. It is 54 for us. Me 5/Her 4Â…Tomorrow will be 65, and next day 76, then 87, 98, 109, 1110, 1211...get it? Life is so much better without chew in my mouth. It’s easier to smile too. The day I quit tobacco, I had a dipped in all day at work, and replenished it several times throughout the day never taking a break. On my way home, I packed a good one. Stopped to buy a new can old one gone. Finally got home and was hungry and had to cook for myself. Opened up the new can, spit it out dip, immediately put another new fresh dip in, made dinner with a dip in. So after about an hour of cooking my dinner, still chewing new dip, I went to the bathroom to spit it out my dip into the toilet. Then, went back to my dinner which was cooling down (too hot to eat) and I was starving. So, I decided subconsciously that i need to chew again, and put another dip in for before dinner. It was at that moment that I thought to myself...haven't you had enough already dumb-ass. Why do you keep chewing (always beating myself up for many years). So I took the can and through it out the front door where it laid in the lawn for 8 days. As the tin laid in the lawn, I continued to self-medicate my nic addition with lozengers. ItÂ’s a nice band-aid and gave my gums time to heal..I think I was chewing 12 hrs a day pretty consistently. I used lozengers for about 6 days then found kill the canÂ…and the rest is history. I quit nic immediately and joined KTC. All together we have one goal to quit. I thank you all for your support me and hope to befriend many. Now that Nic is out of my system, and at Day 5 of my new life nic free, life seems very peaceful and more tolerable. I am smiling more because i don't have a dip in, and talking more to people because I don't have a dip in, Things taste better now that I don't dip, and just feel 100% better about myself...Smile and peace be with you all.
Good Dip Daze is over

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »
Quote from: FLLipOut
Welcome Wcrotty3! You just made one of the best decisions of your life! Glad to see you found your month and already figured out how to post roll! That promise you just made? Just keep it. Make one tomorrow. And keep that one too. One day at a time. It really is that simple- and it really is that powerful. Get digits from your brothers in May and start holding each other accountable. Start sharing your journey with each other. One day down the road, you won't know how you could have done it without them.

You. Can. Do. This.

FLLIP
Welcome Wcrotty3
Noticed you posted in your groups thread this morning.. But you need to post roll in thread also.(Name and Number)
And let's set a new goal!

LET'S STAY QUIT TODAY.

Lets just stay Focused on truth....
NO one needs NICOTINE to live.
Your an addict.
Addicts need support.
We are here to support you and you are here to support us.
I Quit with you today.
Rawls 813
I believe.....

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2558
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »
Welcome Wcrotty3! You just made one of the best decisions of your life! Glad to see you found your month and already figured out how to post roll! That promise you just made? Just keep it. Make one tomorrow. And keep that one too. One day at a time. It really is that simple- and it really is that powerful. Get digits from your brothers in May and start holding each other accountable. Start sharing your journey with each other. One day down the road, you won't know how you could have done it without them.

You. Can. Do. This.

FLLIP
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline wcrotty3

• BANNED
  • Quitter
    • https:
Day 1 of 8
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 04:16:00 PM »
This is my first day nic free and 8 day tobacco free. This could be my 2nd day but it's really my first because i used a nic lonzenger yesterday...just one 4mg about 9pm. I wish I never did it....

Anyways, my goal is to make the 100day mark and many more after that. Reading Payers on addiction and temptation have help me so far remain calm. I know I have some hard days head but want to be nic free now. No more sin in my mortal soul. I will no longer be a slave to the devil nic. Amen
Good Dip Daze is over

Offline Bill Dance

• Quitter
  • Nic is now MY Bitch!!
  • Quit Date: 11/5/2016
Re: Day Five for me
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 11:49:00 AM »
your story sounds a lot like mine did brother and the more you read the more all of our stories have very similar tones. I'm glad to see you here and damn glad to be quit with you. I just entered the HOF on yesterday......hard to believe that after almost 24 years of having a big pile of poison stuffed in my face at all times (outside of eating and sleeping) that I have been quit 101 days as of today! Its a long tough road to hoe but man is it ever worth it, and this place will give you all the tools necessary to keep your quit strong! Find your month and start posting roll daily man, I men anybody can quit for a day right? Always take it ODAAT and a BIG thing that helped me is NEVER look ahead OR backwards...only focus on TODAY!

I know its cliché as hell but im telling you, if I can quit then you can too!
The BEST day to quit was Yesterday, the second best day is TODAY!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 06:09:00 PM »
This is a great intro man. Freedom is what this is really about. You seem to be embracing that. One day at a time life will be great. It is an honor to quit with you.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 11:46:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC. Glad to have you here.

It sounds like you have the right mindset. The challenge will be to keep your mind set when nicotine inevitably cold cocks you between the eyes.

That's where your daily promise is so important. Remember that when you post roll, you are promising yourself, everyone in your quit group, and the entire KTC community that you will stay clean. So, when that monster crave comes out of nowhere and tries to knock your teeth out, remember and honor your promise.

Also, if you haven't yet, grab some digits from other quitters in May, and some vets too. Mine are just a PM away. Contacts from KTC in your phone are another layer of accountability. Reach out when you need to.

Offline wcrotty3

• BANNED
  • Quitter
    • https:
Day 1 of 8
« on: February 10, 2017, 10:56:00 AM »
I know this time I am going to quit chewing and also any form of Nic this and everyday going forward the rest of my life. After about 38 yrs of Nic in my system, and never quitting Nic, Day 5 of quit Nic seems peaceful for me. I also have the support of my wife who is a smoker and also quitting nic 4 days ago. She is one day behind me and we have our own count of days going on. It is 54 for us. Me 5/Her 4Â…Tomorrow will be 65, and next day 76, then 87, 98, 109, 1110, 1211...get it? Life is so much better without chew in my mouth. ItÂ’s easier to smile too. The day I quit tobacco, I had a dipped in all day at work, and replenished it several times throughout the day never taking a break. On my way home, I packed a good one. Stopped to buy a new can old one gone. Finally got home and was hungry and had to cook for myself. Opened up the new can, spit it out dip, immediately put another new fresh dip in, made dinner with a dip in. So after about an hour of cooking my dinner, still chewing new dip, I went to the bathroom to spit it out my dip into the toilet. Then, went back to my dinner which was cooling down (too hot to eat) and I was starving. So, I decided subconsciously that i need to chew again, and put another dip in for before dinner. It was at that moment that I thought to myself...haven't you had enough already dumb-ass. Why do you keep chewing (always beating myself up for many years). So I took the can and through it out the front door where it laid in the lawn for 8 days. As the tin laid in the lawn, I continued to self-medicate my nic addition with lozengers. ItÂ’s a nice band-aid and gave my gums time to heal..I think I was chewing 12 hrs a day pretty consistently. I used lozengers for about 6 days then found kill the canÂ…and the rest is history. I quit nic immediately and joined KTC. All together we have one goal to quit. I thank you all for your support me and hope to befriend many. Now that Nic is out of my system, and at Day 5 of my new life nic free, life seems very peaceful and more tolerable. I am smiling more because i don't have a dip in, and talking more to people because I don't have a dip in, Things taste better now that I don't dip, and just feel 100% better about myself...Smile and peace be with you all.
Good Dip Daze is over