Author Topic: Done  (Read 1241 times)

Offline oldschool

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 397
Re: Done
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 11:18:20 PM »
Been dipping for over 20 yrs. Threw the can away Sunday evening but chewed nic gum till Wednesday when I decided this route was not going to lead to a quit. How do I know? About 3 yrs. ago I replaced dipping for 6 months with nic gum then reverted back to my Grizzly. So officially I've been without nicotine for just over a day but I don't plan on ever going back.

Stros,
Great call.  I did the nic gum thing for a month, and i was just kidding myself.  I could have been so much farther along in my quit.  Stay strong.  It will suck, but it will get better.  Please follow Aumegrad's advice - I did - make your promise each day and get involved in your quit group.
The only time you fail, is if you don't try

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 09:35:49 PM »
Hi Stros, congrats on your decision to quit.  Additional kudos in quoting cold turkey, the only way!

You will be in the middle of some serious fog the next few days.  Head over to the March quit group and get involved.  They will be your brothers in arms, going through the same issues as you at the same time.  Additionally, there are some BAQ’s there as well to help and edify you in your quit. Link is:https://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=793.0

The protocol is simple.  Post roll first thing in the morning that you will not partake of any nic for that day (this is absolutely necessary).  Who can’t quit for just one day? This is your promise, your word.  Keep your promise, the. Repeat tomorrow morning ... and so on.
Next thing you know, you will be like me ... looking back 130 days of being nicotine free and enjoying every minute of it, a free man!
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline Onebadbinder

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • 'Bout damn time
  • Quit Date: 11/22/2018
  • Interests: Antique trucks, tractors and motorcycles.
  • Likes Given: 159
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 09:33:30 PM »
Stros,
Glad to hear you gave up the crutch. Nic is Nic is Nic and it is nothing but a bitch on our backs!  You need to come over to the March 2019 Pre-HoF group and post roll. We will be there every day with you. quitting with you, going through the same shit as you.  The only thing we ask in return is the daily commitment to not touch nicotine in any form via posting roll.  You can still post today! I will be sending you my digits shortly via PM.

March 19 Pre-HoF
https://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=793.0
Quit.      Nov 22 2018
HOF.      Mar 1 2019

My number is always available, just PM me. I am up all night many nights,  just call me. My quit is strong because of KTC, just make sure yours is too.

Accountability + Brotherhood = Success

I am a retread. You can have a second chance like me just own up to your past. I flushed 2 laps down the drain once because I want involved.  Not again.  Get involved,  get quit.

Offline Stros17

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/28/2018
  • Interests: Family, Golf, Sports
  • Likes Given: 93
Done
« on: November 29, 2018, 09:19:00 PM »
Been dipping for over 20 yrs. Threw the can away Sunday evening but chewed nic gum till Wednesday when I decided this route was not going to lead to a quit. How do I know? About 3 yrs. ago I replaced dipping for 6 months with nic gum then reverted back to my Grizzly. So officially I've been without nicotine for just over a day but I don't plan on ever going back.