Author Topic: Day 1 of the long Road  (Read 21948 times)

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
Re: Day 1 of the long Road
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2020, 09:45:16 PM »
Day 26

Feeling pretty complacent right now and idk why. I can’t say it’s fog really because I don’t feel clouded or anything. I started work late last week, and so far it’s kept me pretty busy. I’m still super committed to my quit and staying good on my promise to my April group, but I haven't felt like being on here near as much talking to people. Idk, maybe it’s just the shock of being back at work on a set schedule or something that’s got me in a funk. Hell, even Steve texted me asking if I’m okay lately, haven’t really been myself. Who knows but hopefully this shit goes by soon enough, tired of this feeling of not wanting to talk to my brothers and sisters in quit.

Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2020, 07:07:36 PM »
trying to quit dip in the military is like trying not to suck dick in the Navy, it’s hard.
Awww, it wasn't so bad.
And you still haven't quit Athan!  ;)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2020, 03:36:44 AM »
trying to quit dip in the military is like trying not to suck dick in the Navy, it’s hard.
Awww, it wasn't so bad.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2020, 11:49:55 PM »
23 days down...I finally started back at work today, and lemme tell you, trying to quit dip in the military is like trying not to suck dick in the Navy, it’s hard. Everywhere I look somebody had a dip in, and it’s like fuck man, I don’t wanna think about it. Now, this doesn’t mean I’m craving a dip, or wanting to cave, just noticing more things and just how many people dip. I still find it repulsing time want to dip again and I haven’t been having dip dreams or cravings lately, so I’m doing just fine. But , it’s the constant reminder that’s hurting me. Idk, the rambles are strong tonight, lots of random thoughts on the brain.

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2020, 10:14:11 AM »
Hey all,
Time for another life update and quit update! Well, today marks 21 days quit...feels like a lifetime ago since I started this journey on day 1. I’m by no means saying this is stupid easy or I’m good to go, but it’s getting easier. Everyday feels like a breath of fresh air and it’s wonderful to feel the way I do. I just wish I could finish getting over this stupid flu. Work has finally kicked up for me a bit so I’m keeping myself busy, so that helps.

Now, I never like getting personal, but because I’m quit, I need my thoughts laid out so I can focus. My wife and I found out that she’s pregnant a few days ago, and I want to be happy, but I’m scared. This will be baby #4, our last, but because of what happened to the last pregnancy, I’m worried. What happens if it happens again? I don’t know, but what I do now, I won’t have to turn to the can to make it through. I won’t have to scrape the bottom of that horrible green colored tin for that last pinch wondering when my next fix will be. I’m not sure how I’ll handle this, but If I can make it through my grandfathers passing, if this goes horrible again, I can make it through this. Now, by no means am I wishing or hoping the pregnancy goes bad again, I’m just worried, scared, and trying to prepare myself for the worst, but hope for the best. Anyway, that’s all for today. Thanks to everyone for the support so far, it’s been amazing being here. Proud to quit with you all today!
"ONE DAY AT A TIME" Make it the best day possible. Yesterday is no more. Tomorrow is not ours yet. All we have is this moment. Love her, support her and look for the good in all things. You've got this! Whatever happens, chew won't fix it.
You can do this. Focus ODAAT. I can relate to the pregnancy issue as my wife and I had to deal with an issue. But we also ended up with a great son with our next pregnancy. If you focus on anything too long you can make it negative. Celebrate life - your achievements. Be it the pregnancy, being nic free for another day, having a great family - take time to smile. It will be ok. Feel free to pm me if you want to chat. Enjoy today, worry about what you can control, and never forget that one problem + nicotine equals 2 problems.
Jan19

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2020, 09:28:19 AM »
Hey all,
Time for another life update and quit update! Well, today marks 21 days quit...feels like a lifetime ago since I started this journey on day 1. I’m by no means saying this is stupid easy or I’m good to go, but it’s getting easier. Everyday feels like a breath of fresh air and it’s wonderful to feel the way I do. I just wish I could finish getting over this stupid flu. Work has finally kicked up for me a bit so I’m keeping myself busy, so that helps.

Now, I never like getting personal, but because I’m quit, I need my thoughts laid out so I can focus. My wife and I found out that she’s pregnant a few days ago, and I want to be happy, but I’m scared. This will be baby #4, our last, but because of what happened to the last pregnancy, I’m worried. What happens if it happens again? I don’t know, but what I do now, I won’t have to turn to the can to make it through. I won’t have to scrape the bottom of that horrible green colored tin for that last pinch wondering when my next fix will be. I’m not sure how I’ll handle this, but If I can make it through my grandfathers passing, if this goes horrible again, I can make it through this. Now, by no means am I wishing or hoping the pregnancy goes bad again, I’m just worried, scared, and trying to prepare myself for the worst, but hope for the best. Anyway, that’s all for today. Thanks to everyone for the support so far, it’s been amazing being here. Proud to quit with you all today!
"ONE DAY AT A TIME" Make it the best day possible. Yesterday is no more. Tomorrow is not ours yet. All we have is this moment. Love her, support her and look for the good in all things. You've got this! Whatever happens, chew won't fix it.
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2020, 10:21:29 PM »
Hey all,

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2020, 03:33:43 AM »
Day 18 has officially begun. This journey has proven to be one tough son of a bitch. I’ve had some good days, and I’ve had some bad days. So hard to keep my anger under control some days, still learning to harness the random rage. Wife is finally starting to truly support my quit and proud of how invested in this page I am. These last few days have been tough though, been sick since Thursday. Me and the oldest child got sick together, been kicking our asses too. Well, that’s all I really have for today.

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2020, 03:07:37 PM »
God bless you Mr. Austin, the world was a better place with you in it. Be free now and fly high with the angels of heaven.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2020, 12:10:30 PM »
RIP Mr. Austin

Thank you for all the years of service.
Jan19

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2020, 11:35:55 AM »
RIP Mr. Austin and thank you for your service.

God bless, your work is done.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »
Rest In Peace Master Sargent.

You will be missed
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2020, 05:48:45 AM »
Ain't got the words A-Aron.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2020, 05:39:50 AM »
Taken from the official obituary for anyone to read:

Sumter, SC…Howard James “Jim” Austin, age 71, passed away on Tuesday, January 14, 2020, surrounded by family at his home, after a long battle with cancer.

Born March 14, 1948, in Omaha, NE, to the late Howard James Austin Sr. and Evelyn Cecilia Austin.  Raised and educated in Plattsmouth, NE, high school class of 1966.  In 1967 he enlisted in the Air Force to start a distinguished career in Law Enforcement.  Retiring November 1987 as a Security Police Master Sergeant.  Jim continued his career in Sumter, retiring November 2011 as a Lieutenant with the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office.

Jim is survived by his loving wife, Margaret "Maggie" Austin; two sons, Howard J. "Howie" Austin III and Douglas L. Austin and his wife Kathy, both of Sumter; two daughters, Erin C. Austin of Sumter and Shannon C. Vanderhoef and her husband Mike of Travis AFB, CA; two granddaughters, Andrea Austin and Ashtyn Austin of Pueblo, CO; one grandson, Michael Austin of Sumter and a very special son and daughter-in-law, Nathan and Sharon Williams of MD.

A memorial service will be held on Saturday, January 18, 2020 at 5:00 pm in the Bullock Funeral Home Chapel with Steve Shugart officiating.  Final honors will follow the service provided by the Shaw AFB Honor Guard and the Sumter County Sheriff’s Department Honor Guard.

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2020, 11:23:05 PM »
So, I’ve done some self reflecting today. I’ve been thinking back on the words my dad passed along to me from my grandfather. I’ve been worried since yesterday about trying to make it back home to at least be with the family, but they said no. Grandpa was retired AirForce, so he knows the struggles of moving constantly and the financial struggles that come with the Military moving us. He would rather me spend time with my wife and kids since I was gone for 2 years and not stress, than try to figure out a way home and stress about money/driving 9 hours home. It’s amazing to me that even in his final battle with cancer, he’s still thinking more about me and my family than himself. Once I can get a copy of his obituary, I want to post it for everyone to see the man he was/will always be. RIP grandpa, I’ll always love you and cherish the asswhoopings lmao. I can’t say that this didn’t hit my resolve to stay quit today or yesterday, but I do feel more strengthened in my resolve to remain quit. I’ve gone 2 weeks without dip, without nicotine, and I feel great. I don’t think he would be happy to know his death caused a relapse for me, and for that, I’ve got to keep going. Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts so far, It truly means more than you know.
Your grandfather sounds like an incredible man. I'm sure he will be missed but there is no doubt he will continue to live on in your heart. Prayers for comfort in your time of loss and sadness. Proud to be quit with you today.
Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers coming your way. Proud to be quit with you today.
Your Grandpa can now look down on you with pride as you continue your journey to freedom from nicotine.  He sounds like an amazing man and a great Grandfather.  Prayers be with you and your family.
Thank you for the kind words Chris. I definitely am proud to continue to carry on his legacy, and definitely am glad he'll be watching me.

Albert Camus

Malcom X

My HoF Speech