Author Topic: Oldschool introduction  (Read 34368 times)

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Hi
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 01:35:30 PM »
Welcome.

I chewed nicotine gum prior to my quit too. I wouldn't recommend it, but like you, I made it work.

Like Aumegrad said - post roll in your January group. Posting roll is the price of admission here, and a great tool in staying quit.

As far as your withdrawal symptoms - it's different for everyone, but you should be through the worst of it now. The nicotine is out of your body, and it's a mind game now.

Proud to quit with you.

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 01:30:04 PM »
Today is day 5 being nicotine free!

It has been a tough week, and I found this site while looking for withdrawal symptoms, etc.  I probably quit a little unconventionally:  The last dip I had was September 1st.  I started chewing 4mg nicotine gum for 2 weeks, then I switched to 2mg gum for 2 weeks.  Each day I tried to focus on using less and less nicotine.  TBH that strategy did not really matter that much because the first 3 days of no nicotine was a bitch.

It was weird but the first day was not that hard.  I chewed sugar free gum and got through it ok.  The second day - especially toward the evening - was tough.  A lot of anxiety.  The third day was just hell.  No other way to describe it.   I just did not feel like myself.  Yesterday was very similar to day 2 - thankfully it was better than day 3 - but more anger than anxiety.  Today is better:  I have not had any chewing gum, and i am focusing on not creating one habit to break a bad habit.

Well, that's it - just wanted to say Hi and to say thanks because the articles and posts I've read have already helped.

Oldschool,
First off, that's one of my fav movies!  Secondly, congrats on your decision for freedom, you have definitely come to the right place.  Head over to the January Pre-HOF group at: http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=584.0.  This will be your group and brothers-in-arms, all of them going through the same stuff as you at the same time.  Reach out to them, get involved, and most importantly, post roll.  It is that promise that for that given day, you will remain nicotine free.  Who can't quit for one day?!?!  You have already reached 5 on your own  ;)  Repeat the following day and so on.   Following this regiment will ensure a life without the control of a dead plant!

Many people here to support you.  Stay strong, get involved, and again, congrats on one of the best decisions you will ever make!

Aumegrad - 82
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline oldschool

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 397
Oldschool introduction
« on: October 12, 2018, 11:25:06 AM »
Today is day 5 being nicotine free!

It has been a tough week, and I found this site while looking for withdrawal symptoms, etc.  I probably quit a little unconventionally:  The last dip I had was September 1st.  I started chewing 4mg nicotine gum for 2 weeks, then I switched to 2mg gum for 2 weeks.  Each day I tried to focus on using less and less nicotine.  TBH that strategy did not really matter that much because the first 3 days of no nicotine was a bitch.

It was weird but the first day was not that hard.  I chewed sugar free gum and got through it ok.  The second day - especially toward the evening - was tough.  A lot of anxiety.  The third day was just hell.  No other way to describe it.   I just did not feel like myself.  Yesterday was very similar to day 2 - thankfully it was better than day 3 - but more anger than anxiety.  Today is better:  I have not had any chewing gum, and i am focusing on not creating one habit to break a bad habit.

Well, that's it - just wanted to say Hi and to say thanks because the articles and posts I've read have already helped.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:28:58 PM by oldschool »
The only time you fail, is if you don't try