Author Topic: Glad I found this site!! Day 1  (Read 2362 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: Glad I found this site!! Day 1
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 06:33:56 PM »
Hello all,

I've been dipping for 18+ years and I'm finally ready to quit.  I'm sure I will have questions along the way, looking forward to quitting with you all!!!
-Flounder
Welcome, Flounder! You made a wise decision today, brother! If you're a Day 1, get on over to the November roll https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15852.0 and post your daily promise to stay quit. Do yourself a favor and read everything you can on the KTC site. We're a Cold Turkey quit group, so NO NICOTINE OF ANY KIND.

Fight the cravings, drink plenty of water, exercise, channel your energy into something positive, and be damn sure you are doing this for YOU! You've got to own this quit and be accountable to your fellow quitters and to yourself. We do things ODAAT here; that's One Day At A Time, so don't worry about tomorrow or next week. Get through today.

I'll send you my digits in a PM if you need to reach out. I'm GS9502 from the June Renegades of Quit, and I'm here to hold you accountable and support you.

Accountability + Brotherhood = Success
hey @flounder_23 making me think of Animal House here. Waited long enough here / need to see you over in the Nov Quit Group tomorrow morning - no excuses. We keep our promises here. You are almost home, take the next step. I’ll support your.

C'mon brother @flounder_23 .  It won't be easier tomorrow.  Waiting until the end of the summer?  There will be reasons not to quit in the fall.  Maybe after Thanksgiving?  Then there's Christmas?  Definitely New Years?  Maybe after Easter dinner...that would be a good time.  Damn, back to summer again.  It would probably be easier in the fall... and over and over and over again?

I know how an addicts mind works because...I"M AN ADDICT.  I reasoned with myself, just like above, for years...decades in fact.  You know the truth.  It's never easier.  It's never a better time.  There is no time when quitting will have less affect on your family, friends, job. 

You are on a run away train towards bad health and, God forbid, cancer. 

QUIT NOW.  Come back.  We can help.  We know what it takes.  We will show you the way.  Please PM me if you want some more info or my number to chat.  You can do this man.  Let's make it happen.

~HAG

Offline MuleMan

• Can Sweeper
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: December 28, 2019 after watching MULE play the MET in Philly
  • Interests: Mule.net; Live Music; Camping; Jam Bands; Heavy Metal; Offshore Fishing
  • Likes Given: 2526
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 11:42:11 PM »
Hello all,

I've been dipping for 18+ years and I'm finally ready to quit.  I'm sure I will have questions along the way, looking forward to quitting with you all!!!
-Flounder
Welcome, Flounder! You made a wise decision today, brother! If you're a Day 1, get on over to the November roll https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15852.0 and post your daily promise to stay quit. Do yourself a favor and read everything you can on the KTC site. We're a Cold Turkey quit group, so NO NICOTINE OF ANY KIND.

Fight the cravings, drink plenty of water, exercise, channel your energy into something positive, and be damn sure you are doing this for YOU! You've got to own this quit and be accountable to your fellow quitters and to yourself. We do things ODAAT here; that's One Day At A Time, so don't worry about tomorrow or next week. Get through today.

I'll send you my digits in a PM if you need to reach out. I'm GS9502 from the June Renegades of Quit, and I'm here to hold you accountable and support you.

hey @flounder_23 making me think of Animal House here. Waited long enough here / need to see you over in the Nov Quit Group tomorrow morning - no excuses. We keep our promises here. You are almost home, take the next step. I’ll support your.
MuleMan
Cause I Kill the Can

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 12:57:08 PM »
Hello all,

-Flounder

Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline flounder_23

• Likes Given: 0
Glad I found this site!! Day 1
« on: July 30, 2020, 11:14:58 AM »
Hello all,

-Flounder