Author Topic: Dumped my tin  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
Re: Dumped my tin
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 09:16:40 PM »
Been dipping for about a year to manage covid stress and parenting stress. Dipping has been my refuge at the end of the long days. Plus some days I’d add in another 3-4 dips throughout the day. Said I’d quit when the winter ended. Said I’d quit a few other times too. I’ve had a sore throat the last few days and that’s really brought to light that this is not a sustainable thing to do. It’s been fun but everything I’m reading about dip is that it only gets harder and harder to quit. Wife has been understanding with my dipping to date but I’m going to ask her to hold me accountable now too. I think the hardest part is going to be knowing I don’t have that nicotine waiting for me at the end of the day. Been browsing on here and appreciate the perspectives and camaraderie shared. Wish me luck

Congrats on your decision Murphy, freedom truly is priceless.  For me, quitting was/is a mindframe, turning all the perceived positives of addition into negatives.  Rather than romanticizing about how nic is waiting for you after a long day, to comfort you and provide meaning, think of it this way … nic is certainly waiting for you, but it is waiting to devour you, to consume you bite by bite, to strip you of all that you’ve earned, to take from you what you do rightly deserve, like a ravenous lion wanting nothing more than to simply take your life!  Not being dramatic, speaking truth.

It was this mindframe that got me though day after day after day … till I stand 1,059 days free from nic’s grip.  Nic offered me NOTHING good and soon you will see that as well. I hate very little in life, but I would curb stomp nic given the opportunity.  Stay strong and simply quit one day at a time.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 09:18:34 PM by Aumegrad »
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2015
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 10:04:12 AM »
Thanks. Posted on the roll. Watched the how to video but Not sure I did it right.

@Murphy85 you don't need luck.  You need resolve.  Quit one day at a time.  Post your promise not to use nicotine for the day and keep your word.

I am glad you made the decision to quit.  September is your home group to post roll.  Here is the link:  September 2021]https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17074.0]September 2021 Looking forward to seeing you on roll.
You posted perfectly. The only way to really mess up posting is to not post at all. Focus on quitting one day at a time. We will deal with tomorrow when it gets here. Also suggest you connect with fellow quitters and exchange digits. HArd to hold each other accountable if you can’t reach them.
Jan19

Offline Murphy85

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 09:49:31 AM »
Thanks. Posted on the roll. Watched the how to video but Not sure I did it right.

@Murphy85 you don't need luck.  You need resolve.  Quit one day at a time.  Post your promise not to use nicotine for the day and keep your word.

I am glad you made the decision to quit.  September is your home group to post roll.  Here is the link:  September 2021]https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17074.0]September 2021 Looking forward to seeing you on roll.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4368
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 08:43:16 AM »
Been dipping for about a year to manage covid stress and parenting stress. Dipping has been my refuge at the end of the long days. Plus some days I’d add in another 3-4 dips throughout the day. Said I’d quit when the winter ended. Said I’d quit a few other times too. I’ve had a sore throat the last few days and that’s really brought to light that this is not a sustainable thing to do. It’s been fun but everything I’m reading about dip is that it only gets harder and harder to quit. Wife has been understanding with my dipping to date but I’m going to ask her to hold me accountable now too. I think the hardest part is going to be knowing I don’t have that nicotine waiting for me at the end of the day. Been browsing on here and appreciate the perspectives and camaraderie shared. Wish me luck
Hey Murph - at the end of the day, we are all addicts to nicotine. It might have seemed fun but something that steals our health, money and negatively impacts our relationships isn't "fun". That is your addict brain trying to prevent you from quitting.

You would be wise to quit now but the process remains the same as it does for anyone else on here that has used for a few years to most of their life - make a daily promise; keep your word. Oldschool gave you the link to your freedom. It's up to you now to take the next step.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline oldschool

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 397
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 07:30:49 AM »

« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 07:34:21 AM by oldschool »
The only time you fail, is if you don't try

Offline Murphy85

• Likes Given: 0
Dumped my tin
« on: June 15, 2021, 06:15:58 AM »