Author Topic: Quitting today, time to make a change.  (Read 2403 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: Quitting today, time to make a change.
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 08:21:29 AM »
Welcome @daCking15

These guys have said it.  I'm just another cog in the machine.  Reach out if I can help in any way.

Hold the line brother

~HAG

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2021, 05:33:02 PM »
@daCking15, welcome to KTC.

You have chosen the narrow path, my friend, but it is the path that will lead you to freedom. There are things on this path that are gonna kick your ass for a while. Take the ass kicking, knuckle down, and keep walking the path.

You mentioned you were also working to curb your alcohol as well. It just so happens that there are groups at KTC where you can find brotherhood for just such things. Check out the Getting My Act Together threads. You may find something useful there to help you along your path. I hope so.

You've received good advice from quitters who know. We've all been right where you are now, bud. Reach out. Ask for help. The formula is simple: Accountability + Brotherhood = Success.

If you want my digits, just ask. Stay hard, and stay quit.
GS9502
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 06:57:18 PM »
Welcome to KTC brother and welcome to being quit!  Proud to be quit with you today.  You came to the right place for sure.  Listen to what the vets tell you.  They know their shit.  Just take it one day at a time.  Grab yourself some fake chew.  Smokey mountain chew is the best, in my opinion.  Sunflower seeds, gum, tooth picks, coffee pouches. Whatever it takes to keep nicotine out of your mouth.  I'll send you a PM with my number.  If you need anything, to talk, vent or bitch when the quit gets tough. Just text me. I'm always available. 
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 04:36:54 PM »
I've been told to give myself a break on nicotine while I quit alcohol, but I cannot afford to do this. It may be hard, but I need to do both now.
They climbed Everest one step at a time. That's how we do this - one day at a time. A man can never achieve his full potential whilst slave to addiction.
I've some informative links about addicts and recovery in my signature line. Educate yourself. Knowledge is power; ignorance is terribly expensive.
The sooner you accept that you're an addict the better your chance of success will be.
Quitting with you today.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline canofbeans

• Quit Pro
  • (+1 Hidden)
  • Likes Given: 264
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 03:13:34 PM »
Welcome!  You have made a great decision and KTC is a great resource to hold you accountable to your promise.  I see you posted your promise in the January group to not use nicotine in any form today, great work!  Now simply keep that promise today, and come back first thing tomorrow to make your promise again for tomorrow.  We do this one day at a time here.  I believe that you are able to keep your promise for today since you are a man of your word. 

When the cravings hit you need to use this website as a resource.  Look into past groups.  checkout the wildcard section.  Ask questions.   Bitch.  Anything goes.  We are all in this together.  I quit with you today!
Rebel Rouser (retired)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 11:35:46 AM »
Hello. My name is Chris and I am 24 years old about to turn 25 on November 1st. I have been dipping since I was a freshman or sophomore in high school, so about 15 years old. I have tried to quit many times, but never with the help of this site. When I started dating a girl a couple years, I quit to be a better man for her, but 9 months later, I succombed to my craving after a night out with a buddy. My gf broke it off with me a little over a month ago and I realized I need to spend some time improving myself. That means no nicotine. It isn't helping me and I barely even enjoy it anymore. What makes this quit different is that I am giving up alcohol too at least for the first 50 days as recommended, but I kind of want to stick with it for good tbh. I am going to go to AA meetings to help with this as well. I've been told to give myself a break on nicotine while I quit alcohol, but I cannot afford to do this. It may be hard, but I need to do both now. I'm looking forward to not having addiction control my life anymore. I am a very driven person and addiction is holding me back. I also just want to be healthy and feel great again. I still miss my ex a lot, but I know that I can't be happy with someone else or make them happy if I'm not happy with myself. I am ready to make decision to change my life, take control, and never look back.

Welcome Chris aka @daCking15 ,

If you want to quit nicotine, this is the place to do it.  If today was the last time you had nicotine, then head on over to the the January 2022 Quit Group.  You will be the first quitter in that group.  If yesterday or before was your last nicotine intake, then you will be in the December 2021 Group.

Head on over to which ever group you fall in to and post your promise to be nicotine free for the next 24 hours.  The process here is simple:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post your Promise
4. Keep Your Word
5. Repeat Daily

Simple but hard.  The next few weeks are going to be hell.  Start exchanging phone numbers with other quitters through the "My Message" feature at the top of the page, those numbers give you instant access to support when you find yourself sitting outside the convenience store contemplating buying a can of cancer weed.

My number will be in your inbox shortly. 

The other thing I want to stress is make sure this quit is for you.  Trying to quit for someone else usually does not work and breeds resentment for that someone else.  You put yourself in this situation, you need to get yourself out and you need to do it forself.  We can't quit for you, but we can certainly help.

Proud to quit with you,

Chris2alaska
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline daCking15

• Likes Given: 5
Quitting today, time to make a change.
« on: September 24, 2021, 11:24:20 AM »
Hello. My name is Chris and I am 24 years old about to turn 25 on November 1st. I have been dipping since I was a freshman or sophomore in high school, so about 15 years old. I have tried to quit many times, but never with the help of this site. When I started dating a girl a couple years, I quit to be a better man for her, but 9 months later, I succombed to my craving after a night out with a buddy. My gf broke it off with me a little over a month ago and I realized I need to spend some time improving myself. That means no nicotine. It isn't helping me and I barely even enjoy it anymore. What makes this quit different is that I am giving up alcohol too at least for the first 50 days as recommended, but I kind of want to stick with it for good tbh. I am going to go to AA meetings to help with this as well. I've been told to give myself a break on nicotine while I quit alcohol, but I cannot afford to do this. It may be hard, but I need to do both now. I'm looking forward to not having addiction control my life anymore. I am a very driven person and addiction is holding me back. I also just want to be healthy and feel great again. I still miss my ex a lot, but I know that I can't be happy with someone else or make them happy if I'm not happy with myself. I am ready to make decision to change my life, take control, and never look back.