Author Topic: Introduction - Idaho Spuds  (Read 18523 times)

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Introduction - Idaho Spuds
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »
Nothing is better than a quitter failing and then being born again hard. I quit with you today Spuds.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 04:17:00 PM »
Thanks for the support GDubya and RonCross

Idaho Spuds - 37 September 23, 2014
It was tough, embarrassing and infuriating to watch what should have been my one year anniversary come and go on KTC.
A bunch of fellow quitters reached out to congratulate me, and I had to tell them my story and that I didn't make it a year. While I was embarrassed at first and wanted to see if the site could stop that from happening again, I took a step back and I will try to use it as teaching moment. Hopefully new quitters will understand that this site is essential and to keep posting and stay active in their quit.

Instead of 365+ I am inching towards 40, then 50, then 100 and then 100 + 1. We will get to 1 year after 365 posts! ODAAT!

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2014, 03:57:00 AM »
Quote from: GDubya
Charles, I'm really proud of you. Your doing your Quit right this time. You are sporting a nice KTC Koolaide mustache. Keep up the great work. Proud to be Quit with you.

Ditto x2. Keep on doing it KTC style. You are rocking the quit!!!

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2014, 01:30:00 AM »
Charles, I'm really proud of you. Your doing your Quit right this time. You are sporting a nice KTC Koolaide mustache. Keep up the great work. Proud to be Quit with you.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »
September 19, 2014 - 33 days
I went to the dentist two times in August 2014, thankfully everything checked out fine. I still worry and freak out of every tingle in my mouth (right now worried about my front lip).
I have lost quite a few nights sleep worrying but it helps my quit and hearing everyone's similar stories makes it easier.

Spending a lot of time on the site helps keep me sane. I am using the Live Chat, very cool feature I haven't used before. I also downloaded the chat app on my phone and enjoy talking to the folks each night. October 14 pre HOF is on Kakoa, I chat with them daily as well.

I got lunch with Raider the other day, a fellow Spokane quitter, a good guy who I am sure we will get lunch again soon.
I have a lot of numbers in my phone, some old Dec 13 HOF still keep in touch and support.

Monday I am traveling to Seattle for work, I am going to text and Live Chat at night to keep my quit strong.
TGIF/TGIQ

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
Sounds like the same shit you were spewing your first time through here.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
I did earlier but I think I was either bumped or removed while the figured out if I was serious?
You were bumped, no one can remove you from roll.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: Hubie337
I completely agree.
If I get a clean bill of health I will approach it was a new lease on life and continue my quit each day.
So if you don't get a clean bill of health, you are going to just say screw it and start dipping again?
This is a good question to ask the vet caver where he is coming from. This comes across as weak ass shit!!! Hell, I dipped for many more years because I was worried about that last bump on my tongue or the last ulcer I got in that spot you know, where you put your dip in. That stuff went away and I continued slammin 'em in everyday.... That is until I finally got it that it wasn't a bump, an ulcer, a red spot, a hurting whatever in my mouth, a bad day, a good day, an ok day, some bad traffic, no bad traffic, some beers, no beers, caffeine, no caffeine, whatever..... I could actually quit this shit for good!!! Nobody needs this shit to live despite popular opinion among addicts like those who are still dipping today!!! Go see the dentist.. and fucking quit for good!!! By the way I am going to the dentist today myself for my bi-annual cleaning. It will be nice to not get the lecture anymore about the horrors of tobacco. I mean really damn nice!!! Stay quit today all you bastard addicts!!!
^^^yep.

You can only win russian roulette just so many times:

*click*

*click*

*BANG!* --------click here.
Fucking hell.

Someone gives you the keys to a nice brand new shiney car and you drive the fuker into the lake. ON PURPOSE!

WTF is the matter with you?

What the hell were you thinking?
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
I completely agree.
If I get a clean bill of health I will approach it was a new lease on life and continue my quit each day.
So if you don't get a clean bill of health, you are going to just say screw it and start dipping again?
This is a good question to ask the vet caver where he is coming from. This comes across as weak ass shit!!! Hell, I dipped for many more years because I was worried about that last bump on my tongue or the last ulcer I got in that spot you know, where you put your dip in. That stuff went away and I continued slammin 'em in everyday.... That is until I finally got it that it wasn't a bump, an ulcer, a red spot, a hurting whatever in my mouth, a bad day, a good day, an ok day, some bad traffic, no bad traffic, some beers, no beers, caffeine, no caffeine, whatever..... I could actually quit this shit for good!!! Nobody needs this shit to live despite popular opinion among addicts like those who are still dipping today!!! Go see the dentist.. and fucking quit for good!!! By the way I am going to the dentist today myself for my bi-annual cleaning. It will be nice to not get the lecture anymore about the horrors of tobacco. I mean really damn nice!!! Stay quit today all you bastard addicts!!!
^^^yep.

You can only win russian roulette just so many times:

*click*

*click*

*BANG!* --------click here.

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 11:59:00 AM »
I completely agree.
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
I completely agree.
x2
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline Hubie337

• Quitter
  • Bad things happen to you because you are a Dumbass
  • Quit Date: Aug 12, 2014
  • Interests: Coaching LacrosseBoatingSkiing
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
I completely agree.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »
Fear is not a motivator just like any other stimulus the body has a way of dulling its effects...I don't know you but have heard your story a hundred times....cousin joe had his face eaten clean off by cancer and had to breath through a tube....blah blah I have sores in my mouth and on my penis I am scared blah blah....I am back I was a pussy I was a heroin addict in an opium den and someone handed me a hot rig and I thought I could just do it once...

Its a change in mindset its not white knuckling after you get through the withdrawal...you got to want it because you have seen the light....now dig in and do it for the right reason YOU!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 06:37:00 PM »
I did earlier but I think I was either bumped or removed while the figured out if I was serious?

Offline Heisenberg

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-14
  • Interests: Mountain Bikes, Hunting and fishing.
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
I quit with you brother... Did you post roll? Didn't see you on there. Although, I did see some discussions about you.