Author Topic: Eternal Write Up  (Read 15867 times)

Offline Richard K

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Bald headed, vertically challenged leaping gnome
  • Quit Date: 28-Mar-2016
  • Interests: All Pittsburgh sports!! and my family
  • Likes Given: 790
Eternal Write Up
« on: September 19, 2018, 03:32:03 PM »
TStahr

Quit date: 10-Jan-2012
Eternal quit date:  29-May-2016

In memory of a beloved Kill the Can Family member we celebrate the life of TStahr AKA Terry.

Terry's posthumous Hall of Fame speech by Bigwhitebeast

This HOF speech is a tribute to one of the strongest quitters to ever grace the halls of KTC. This speech is coming over 1500 days past his Hall of Fame milestone. TStahr never wrote a HOF speech, we're not sure why he didn't, he always said he was going to but he didn't. My guess is he didn't want to tell us about his struggles in life even though they truly serve as an inspiration.
Imagine if you will having your brother, your father and your uncle all die from ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease and now you are having symptoms. You chew tobacco, you've been doing it since your junior year in high school and now inside you know there is no way to escape. What are your thoughts? Is there a reason to quit? I mean you are going to die either way…
On January 10th 2012 a 45 year old former Marine made the decision to quit chewing tobacco even though he knew what his prognosis was. He didn't want to fight this addiction while fighting for his life. He didn't want to be drooling chew juices for his family to have to clean up. He didn't want to be a slave any longer.
Early in his quit, TStahr was just like you and I, he was going to work and living an active life like you and I. He knew what was coming and he didn’t say anything about it to anyone. He was in chat in the evenings hanging with all of the shenanigans that went on in there. He never wanted his quit to be about the ALS.
TStahr had drifted away for a while when he could no longer type to post roll but soon technology and some generous people provided Tstahr with an eye gazer computer that allowed him to type by moving his eyes and the computer would track it. He posted roll just 2 days ago and passed away last night, he posted roll most every day since getting the eye gazer set-up.
TStahr was part of a tight knit group known as the Glass House of April 2012, one of the ISI (Inner Sanctum of Insanity) One of the reasons I personally was able to remain quit with his support.

Terry's Tribute Video

A narrative by Coach Steve

With a heavy heart, we have a seat for you on our eternal train of quit. You and your family will always be in our hearts and prayers and we promise to keep the quit strong!! Rest in Peace brother, we have the watch.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:30:54 PM by Richard K »
FLOOR.. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10..11..12...13..14..15..16..17..18..19

It is very simple! We quit for today! We wake up! Do it again tomorrow!! One day at a time!
We walk in each others quit shoes, it may be a little different but ultimately the same exact thing

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."