Community > Introductions

Forever Ever

<< < (2/6) > >>

Aquaman43:

--- Quote from: Aquaman43 on April 11, 2022, 09:27:21 AM ---I was going to post at one year, but I wanted to wait a bit to see how I felt later on. The one year funk was total hell. By far the worst I've been hit in my quit. I laid it out there and had some great support, people reminding me to not romanticize the past.
Things are back to normal now. It took a few days after the quitterversary to calm down. While I was going through the fun, one of the guys in May 22 asked for some strategy on the breakup with dipping. How to come to terms with no dipping ever again. Instead of just telling him to stop romanticizing the past, (which is still great advice) I told him this. And I was telling it to myself at the same time. I tend to think we all do that when we are answering questions from the newer quitters.

Start romanticizing the quit. Find all the good things about the quit, no matter how trivial you think others may find it. They're for you anyway, there is no need to share them. If it is alleviating the fear of cancer, great. Write it down. If it's waking up and not feeling like the Russian Army just marched across your tongue, write it down. Personally, I love spending extra time in bed with my wife, just talking without the nagging nic bitch demanding a fix. I love that my granddaughter doesn't have to make that face again when I pull out my spitter. The way to break up with something is to fall in love with something else. Find those somethings in your quit and fall in love with them.

--- End quote ---

Aquaman43:
I was going to post at one year, but I wanted to wait a bit to see how I felt later on. The one year funk was total hell. By far the worst I've been hit in my quit. I laid it out there and had some great support, people reminding me to not romanticize the past.
Things are back to normal now. It took a few days after the quitterversary to calm down. While I was going through the fun, one of the guys in May 22 asked for some strategy on the breakup with dipping. How to come to terms with no dipping ever again. Instead of just telling him to stop romanticizing the past, (which is still great advice) I told him this. And I was telling it to myself at the same time. I tend to think we all do that when we are answering questions from the newer quitters.

Start romanticizing the quit. Find all the good things about the quit, no matter how trivial you think others may find it. They're for you anyway, there is no need to share them. If it is alleviating the fear of cancer, great. Write it down. If it's waking up and not feeling like the Russian Army just marched across your tongue, write it down. Personally, I love spending extra time in bed with my wife, just talking without the nagging nic bitch demanding a fix. I love that my granddaughter doesn't have to make that face again when I pull out my spitter. The way to break up with something is to fall in love with something else. Find those somethings in your quit and fall in love with them.

[/quote]

Aquaman43:

--- Quote from: Aquaman43 on April 10, 2022, 11:35:58 AM ---I was going to post at one year, but I wanted to wait a bit to see how I felt later on. The one year funk was total hell. By far the worst I've been hit in my quit. I laid it out there and had some great support, people reminding me to not romanticize the past.

--- End quote ---

Aquaman43:
I was going to post at one year, but I wanted to wait a bit to see how I felt later on. The one year funk was total hell. By far the worst I've been hit in my quit. I laid it out there and had some great support, people reminding me to not romanticize the past.

Start romanticizing the quit. Find all the good things about the quit, no matter how trivial you think others may find it. They're for you anyway, there is no need to share them. If it is alleviating the fear of cancer, great. Write it down. If it's waking up and not feeling like the Russian Army just marched across your tongue, write it down. Personally, I love spending extra time in bed with my wife, just talking without the nagging nic bitch demanding a fix. I love that my granddaughter doesn't have to make that face again when I pull out my spitter. The way to break up with something is to fall in love with something else. Find those somethings in your quit and fall in love with them.[\b]

Aquaman43:
Day 265, one hundred days till the first year. That's pretty cool, but even more exciting is that in 100 days it will be April 1st. Around that time I'll be getting my pool ready to open, the trees will be turning green, my truck will be yellow with pine tree spooge. Love live in Georgia.

My quit? My quit is so solid that I find it hard to believe. I feel fucking fantastic and I can't remember being this happy in a very, very long time. If you're thinking about quitting and you're reading this, don't think the day count has everything to do with it. Don't get me wrong, the more numbers you add to that first week of quitting the better it is. But attitude has a lot to do with it. I didn't just quit, I FUCKING QUIT! The difference? I wake up every single day happy with that decision. And I wake up every day happy. I decide what mood I'm going to be in, and I choose to be happy. When I do find myself feeling down, I don't let my thoughts turn to dip. I used to wake up like that when I was dipping and dipping did jack shit to fix it. But not dipping damn sure does. When I look in the fridge and don't have to check if I have enough Cope to make it through the weekend, I smile. When I leave the house and do the pocket pat down, I smile. When I'm hanging out with people and I don't have to find a way out to grab a dip, I smile. When I'm with family and I don't have to use a disgusting spitter and see my granddaughter make that face, I smile. And that makes me happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version