Author Topic: Glad to be here  (Read 94792 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: Athan
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2018, 04:31:00 PM »
Putting my posts from the welcome center here for ready reference. Should have been posting here all along.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2018, 05:14:00 PM »
From JGromo. April '18, page 1044, post #15648.

*** THE MOST EPIC OF QUITS ***

"This has meaning to me, I thought I would share it here with my brothers to remind some of you that you need more than to post your name on some forum every morning. This isn't about promising a bunch of strangers that you wont do something. This is about building a brotherhood of people that know what you are going through and know how serious a light statement in a text can be.

This is my new day one.

I've failed April, my friends and myself.

I have to answer the three questions and quit again.

I've broken my promise.

That could be how this post would go if I didn't use the tools this site has given me for my quit last night. I honestly dont know if I'd have caved last night without Bryce's call. I do know I'd have started a count down to the above post. I do know that I'd be lying every time I posted roll to my brothers if I hadn't reached out and if I hadn't had a brother that would reach back and pull me from the cliffs edge.

Yesterday was an amazing day, I woke up at 4am with so much drive and willpower I felt fucking amazing. I put in 3 hours cleaning the house before I even went to work. At work I kicked ass I put away the load I set up a couple good sized accounts and I handled my shit well. When I got home I still had that drive and fire to get shit done so I started going through boxes in the attic, I've been putting this off for years and it felt fucking amazing working on them finally. Plus going through boxes of my grandfathers stuff brought up some awesome memories of the time I'd spent with him, hunting trips when I found his weird collection of spent shells, Football and baseball games when I found his box of plaques and trophies for all the records he held and all the important games he'd won, That picture of him with my varsity cheerleaders from my senior year game against his old high school. Great fucking memories. A cuban cigar! Oh I remembered how he loved the cuban's, smoking cigars, I could take it out and it was still pristine! It smelt just like I remember him in my youth. Man it was still fresh, this little tube did wonders at holding up its condition. What a great tribute when should I smoke this? Oh my god, me and dad could smoke this on Fathers day at the cemetery! I'll surprise him with it when we get there and we can stand in the family crypt and fill it with the smells of my grandfather and get one more strong bonding memory with him. A last gift, if you will, from beyond the grave.

The grave...

God those last years were rough on him, he had more good days than bad for the first few years. That scare when I was 10 and he almost died in the grand ol opry...But then he hung on to see me through high school. And he had a lot of good days, maybe not as many as the bad, but when he wasn't in the hospital he was pretty good still...not himself anymore, never really himself besides a handful of glimpses...but he wasn't begging for death...Until he was. Those last few years. My grandmother clinging him to life, afraid of being alone. All the scares, how many times did I stand over him in the hospital thinking that this was it? Dozens? Watching him somehow pull through again and again. Get worse and worse with each trip to the hospital. He died years before his body gave up. Ghost of the man he was in my youth and teens. Hearing him scream at the poor nurses and caregivers to "Fucking kill me already!" and then when it stopped being screaming and shouting. when I heard it switch from that fire and anger and that strength that stubborn man always had to begging it was crushing. No more yelling just a quiet whimper to "please...please kill me?" And then he passed...finally...he wasn't hurting anymore.

And there I am standing with this awesome tribute to him, his murderer in my hand. Already planning the smoke I'm going to have with it with my father, his youngest son. How I'm just going to give in and fail my quit, to give him "tribute" by letting myself become another victim to the devil that killed him, not killed him, killing him would be merciful compared to what nicotine did to him, he was fucking tortured. 15 years of fucking torture before his body finally broke and let him die.

I wish I could say I had those thoughts on my own, I wish I could say that I was strong enough to rip that fucking thing apart by myself...but those thoughts didn't come. I spent minutes romanticizing and imagining smoking the cigar, I didn't even think of the site, I didn't think of my quit I didn't think of my wife, my future kids, my brothers on here! I grabbed my phone excitedly about to text mom and tell her what I'd found that I had the best surprise for dad ever for fathers day!

My eyes fell on the group chat I've got going with mike, bryce and athan. It wasn't a strong pull. But I felt a slight tug at my conscience I'd made a promise to these guys. I'd told them I wouldn't. Well its not like I'm smoking it right now. I stare at the group chat and the tug gets slightly stronger. Its almost like I'm asking myself what the fuck am I doing? But in a quiet voice. Deffinitely 95% still happy go lucky holy shit I'm gonna smoke this cigar this will be awesome. But just a little 5%...just enough to send out an SOS...I honestly didn't mean to tell them, it wasn't a "Oh god what am I DOING!?" scream for help. Most of me was completely back to addict mindstate. But...that 5% was growing, not that I was going to destroy the cigar mind you. But I'm pretty sure I could have tricked myself into thinking that I could just give the cigar to my dad on my own, I mean he should at least get it.

Then that fathers day would have come and my dad would have handed me the cigar and I'd have toked on it regardless of what I had promised myself back in March. Because how could I refuse that when it was staring me in the face, I could barely refuse it when its still months out.

Again, thoughts I wish I'd have had the strength to have on my own. But I did have the strength to shoot out one quiet lonely plea for help. to a group of guys I was 90% sure were asleep. I didn't call...I just texted...I might have called if dad had offered me the cigar...I might have had the strength to refuse...but...We all know I wouldn't have. I'm weak...I am an addict. I didn't want to not smoke the cigar, I wanted to trick that 5% into shutting up, trick myself into thinking I had everything under control.

This wasn't a "HELP I'M GOING TO CAVE!" text...all I said was "I just found a cuban cigar in my grandfathers possessions in pristine condition..." For those of you that know me, you know cigars have and always will be my weakness, I don't want to not smoke cigars. I never viewed them on the same playing field as dip and cigarettes until coming to this site, and if we are being completely honest there is still a large portion of my brain that doesn't. So this, not just cigar...this Cuban... My weakest of weakest points...A portion of my addiction I already romanticize its importance to me. Add on to that one last strong memory of my grandfather. Probably the last I would ever have of such clarity. Add on top of that the bonding moment with my father to smoke his fathers last cigar ever...That 5% resistance had become 10% just long enough to shoot out that text is now gone with that thought.

Bryce is calling....
Ignore it...I can almost feel a fog coming over me. I can feel that resistance start to re-surge after seeing that someone cares about my quit enough to wake themselves up and call me in the middle of their night to make sure I'm quit, one of the few people on the planet that knows me well enough and knows the struggle well enough to know my mindset is gone there's no strength left in my quit its been bulldozed. Luckily that quiet call for help is answered, and as I bend my knees to leap from the cliff an arm shoots out to drag me away from failure.
Ignore the call you know what it will be...
Do I jump and rip myself from the help that is being offered or do I accept the support?
If I ignore this call I seal it...I'm gonna cave...I'm gonna cave?
I answer.

My brothers support is the only thing that kept me from diving off that cliff back into the waiting loving arms of my grandfathers murderer. Letting myself take one step closer to my own future grandsons having to watch that fucking Nicotine Bitch torture me until my body can't handle it anymore and I die slowly in front of them. Ruining their memory of me.

Skol talked me back from that cliff. Five minutes of mostly fog. The internal struggle with him in my corner. Until I fought through it. We fought through it. Finally it was 95% resistance and 5% desire to smoke. We got off the phone and before I could lose that will power I shredded it and flushed it down the toilet.

Once it was flushed the realization hit. Hard...How close I came to caving...had I? It felt like I had, I'd decided to. isn't that the same thing? It really showed me that I was weak. I couldn't do it on my own. I opened the tube, I smelt it and felt it and envisioned smoking it. I didn't immediately ask for help, I didn't even want help. I didn't even know I needed help for the first minutes.

If I can refuse this cigar...I can refuse any cigar, there will never be a more tempting cigar I can envision. Unless my father with his dying moments hand rolls a cigar out of tobacco he grew and asked me to smoke it in his memory...I can not picture any stronger temptation.
I need to remember that I nearly put an expiration date on my quit. I would have if that cigar wasn't in the sewer right now. I would have if a brother hadn't given me a call without hesitation. "
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2018, 08:20:00 PM »
A lot of us get into our 50s and realize that we've been using tobacco products for more years than we weren't using tobacco products. Seems like a good time to correct that. You wake up and think, "I don't want to do this any more." I did this almost two years ago, when I was 55.

Welcome to KTC. In my signature you'll find many links to helpful information. Start with "Advice for Newbies". Although you are not really new in your quit, you are new to KTC. Learn as much as you can about quitting. The only way to quit is to stay quit.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline JMckay

• I quit cause i can
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 14 april 2017
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2018, 06:49:00 PM »
You made it most of a month without anyone good job. April group is large should be able to get a few numbers. Better to quit now than later we all know how easy it is to put off then 5 years pass than put it off some more.

Jmckay 290 I quit with you

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 972
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2018, 03:48:00 PM »
Welcome to the KINGS fellow quitter, I am proud to quit with you today. Lots of cool shit on this site, it changed my life and it will change yours if you let it. I sent you my digits hit me up if you need anything.

Rock On!!!!
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Athan
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2018, 01:29:00 PM »
Started when I was 13; to this day I don't know why I put the second chew in.
Was going to quit when I got out of the Navy
Made it over a year but broke my leg. Any excuse will do as you all know too well
Was going to quit Y2K
Was going to quit when I got married.
Absolutely gonna quit when my first little girl was born.
Definitely quitting after professional certifications obtained.
No kidding quitting when the second little girl came along.
No more excuses, no more tobacco after little girl number three.
I'm fifty years old now and flat out of excuses. I have decided I can no longer look in the mirror if I can't man up and put it behind me.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline kybo

• Master of Quit
  • Nemo Sine Vitio Est
  • Quit Date: 1/7/2018
  • Likes Given: 96
Re: Glad to be here
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2019, 07:24:06 AM »
Nineteen hour round trip yesterday.  A scant 400 days ago that would have been a balls out chew like there's no tomorrow my lip is falling off it hurts so bad put another one in drive. Not yesterday.  Had my trusty cinnamon stix though I only needed one for the whole day. 
The cool thing is, I only posted in the home room yesterday and was out the door at 0230 as I knew I'd be pressed for time.  I knew also that I could trust people to give me pick ups while I was on the road and unable to text.  And everyone got me without fail - and that was really cool.  After yesterday, I can't imagine rolling alone.  I don't know why folks do.
And while I'm on the road contemplating this I get a text from my beloved Skolvikings about a dude that left and went solo and is now posting a day 1 in June instead of crossing the year finish line with his brothers. 
Tragic. I roll and support a few groups so my morning routine takes me about thirty minutes. To post and ghost though, it can't take five minutes.  Five little minutes a day is such a small price to pay to stay clean and free.  Hope he gets it right this time.
In a different story, there's the guy I picked up late in the trip.  Prolly two hours before dark and there he is, on the side of the road, thumb out.  Meet George.  52 years old. clean shaven, clean clothes, close cropped hair. Had been walking all day when I picked him up.  A little coy about where he was coming from, made me a little uneasy but I was packing so I wasn't too worried.  He didn't seem sure about where he was headed.  He showed me the corner of an envelope with an address in a ladies pink handwriting, though he didn't know where it was.  So I gave him my phone to  plug it in.  He fumbled about with it for a few seconds and said he couldn't figure these new things out. I glanced at what he had entered into the address and it was random letters and numbers.  So I pulled over and looked at the address and entered it in. He was on his way to visit his niece he told me. Going to stay with them for a little bit. Wasn't but another 15 miles though off the path I was headed.  I sure wanted to get home but this dude was on foot and there was no way he was going to make it by dark.  20 minutes later, way out in the country in the backwoods of Georgia we turned off onto a dirt road that really looked like a logging trail. Random mailboxes jutted out from dirt paths to dwellings along the 'road'. Now there's trailer parks and then there's trailers in the woods, you know the ones - 'lawn furniture' consisting of various junk yard items and old home appliances, the old dog living under the porch, the random individual giving me uncomfortable flashbacks of the movie 'Deliverance'. George is calling out the numbers and names on the mailboxes but they don't match what I can clearly see when it occurs to me - George can't read.  In this day and age, he can't read.  He hands me the letter from the envelope and asks me to call - there's two numbers circled in the body of the letter.  I oblige him and then he gets out and starts walking down one of the trails towards a trailer with a hillbilly outside to query the gentlemen about his kin.  I looked further into the letter he handed me, dated from December of last year. The words 'released' and 'when you get out' kinda leapt off the page. I chamber a round. George came back and hopped back in.  The esquire in question knew not his relatives.  We continued on down this dirt road looking around for another 20 minutes before we headed back to the paved road.  I had to leave him there. I couldn't really do anything else if they weren't answering the phone. He was phoneless, had only the clothes on his back, just got out of prison, and not really sure where he was going to sleep for the night or what or when he was going to eat next.  I gave him $20 and had to go. 
Yeah man.  There's a lot of folks out there that wish they had our problems.

"If every man were to bring his troubles to the marketplace and assemble them all in a great pile, each man, upon seeing the rest, would be content to take his own and return home."   

Herodotus
"No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody Wang Chung tonight."
"That's what's great about the outdoors, you know. It's one giant toilet."
"i thought I could stay at the party forever, it don't work that way, cause that shit will kill ya" -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

HOF date: 4/16/182nd Floor: 7/25/183rd Floor: 11/02/184th Floor: 2/10/195th Floor: 5/21/196th Floor: 8/19/197th Floor: 12/7/198th Floor: 3/16/209th Floor: 6/24/2010th Floor: 10/02/2011th Floor: 1/10/2112th Floor: 4/20/2113th Floor: 7/29/2114th Floor: 11/7/2115th Floor:  2/14/2216th Floor:  5/25/2217th Floor:  9/2/2218th Floor:  12/11/2219th Floor:  3/21/23

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2019, 07:19:02 AM »
Athan,

That is one moving story about the gentleman out of prison with no place to go.

It helps to keep life in perspective and helps us understand how lucky we are in our circumstances.

I also like your info on the thyroid and quitting nicotine.

Good stuff.

Keep posting.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 1260

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2019, 06:21:52 AM »
Nineteen hour round trip yesterday.  A scant 400 days ago that would have been a balls out chew like there's no tomorrow my lip is falling off it hurts so bad put another one in drive. Not yesterday.  Had my trusty cinnamon stix though I only needed one for the whole day. 
The cool thing is, I only posted in the home room yesterday and was out the door at 0230 as I knew I'd be pressed for time.  I knew also that I could trust people to give me pick ups while I was on the road and unable to text.  And everyone got me without fail - and that was really cool.  After yesterday, I can't imagine rolling alone.  I don't know why folks do.
And while I'm on the road contemplating this I get a text from my beloved Skolvikings about a dude that left and went solo and is now posting a day 1 in June instead of crossing the year finish line with his brothers. 
Tragic. I roll and support a few groups so my morning routine takes me about thirty minutes. To post and ghost though, it can't take five minutes.  Five little minutes a day is such a small price to pay to stay clean and free.  Hope he gets it right this time.
In a different story, there's the guy I picked up late in the trip.  Prolly two hours before dark and there he is, on the side of the road, thumb out.  Meet George.  52 years old. clean shaven, clean clothes, close cropped hair. Had been walking all day when I picked him up.  A little coy about where he was coming from, made me a little uneasy but I was packing so I wasn't too worried.  He didn't seem sure about where he was headed.  He showed me the corner of an envelope with an address in a ladies pink handwriting, though he didn't know where it was.  So I gave him my phone to  plug it in.  He fumbled about with it for a few seconds and said he couldn't figure these new things out. I glanced at what he had entered into the address and it was random letters and numbers.  So I pulled over and looked at the address and entered it in. He was on his way to visit his niece he told me. Going to stay with them for a little bit. Wasn't but another 15 miles though off the path I was headed.  I sure wanted to get home but this dude was on foot and there was no way he was going to make it by dark.  20 minutes later, way out in the country in the backwoods of Georgia we turned off onto a dirt road that really looked like a logging trail. Random mailboxes jutted out from dirt paths to dwellings along the 'road'. Now there's trailer parks and then there's trailers in the woods, you know the ones - 'lawn furniture' consisting of various junk yard items and old home appliances, the old dog living under the porch, the random individual giving me uncomfortable flashbacks of the movie 'Deliverance'. George is calling out the numbers and names on the mailboxes but they don't match what I can clearly see when it occurs to me - George can't read.  In this day and age, he can't read.  He hands me the letter from the envelope and asks me to call - there's two numbers circled in the body of the letter.  I oblige him and then he gets out and starts walking down one of the trails towards a trailer with a hillbilly outside to query the gentlemen about his kin.  I looked further into the letter he handed me, dated from December of last year. The words 'released' and 'when you get out' kinda leapt off the page. I chamber a round. George came back and hopped back in.  The esquire in question knew not his relatives.  We continued on down this dirt road looking around for another 20 minutes before we headed back to the paved road.  I had to leave him there. I couldn't really do anything else if they weren't answering the phone. He was phoneless, had only the clothes on his back, just got out of prison, and not really sure where he was going to sleep for the night or what or when he was going to eat next.  I gave him $20 and had to go. 
Yeah man.  There's a lot of folks out there that wish they had our problems.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2019, 02:54:18 PM »
So my phone just blew up.  Terrible thing about living in the sticks, your signal is weak at best. Usually I get texts on the way out to the truck. This time it happened at home as I'm getting ready for tomorrow - it just lit up vibrating and bleeping like R2D2, all of these messages from quitters across this great land.  It's the coolest thing.  Many thanks folks for thinking of me on the HOFx4.  Hope I got all of you on the return - my wife is still laughing at me.
xoxoxo
I love you
bye

Sorry I missed your 4th Floor day.  I would have been one of those blowing up your phone if I had been in the country.  Congrats to you my brother and friend.

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
Re: 405
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2019, 06:24:33 PM »

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2019, 06:43:11 AM »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2019, 07:28:30 PM »
So my phone just blew up.  Terrible thing about living in the sticks, your signal is weak at best. Usually I get texts on the way out to the truck. This time it happened at home as I'm getting ready for tomorrow - it just lit up vibrating and bleeping like R2D2, all of these messages from quitters across this great land.  It's the coolest thing.  Many thanks folks for thinking of me on the HOFx4.  Hope I got all of you on the return - my wife is still laughing at me.
xoxoxo
I love you
bye

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2019, 05:36:39 PM »
400..... WOW..... You ever thought this type of Freedom was possible?

I sure as hell didn't... then I stumbled on KTC.... and after that my life changed.

Then this big Greek God with clanging balls of bronze stumbled upon KTC on day 27 of his quit, (I believe) and changed my life forever.

Forever humbled and blessed to call you my brother, and true friend.

I will always be one day behind you and following your path, my brother and friend... always.

Bryce
And the next milestone was upon them before they knew it.  Blades of spanish steel, their gaze wilted challenges before them.  Their resolve the stuff of legends, they surmounted obstacle after bloody obstacle, always surging forward, never looking back. The next hill but a speedbump and the sun shone on their faces as they crested it, shield to shield locked in step. They never knew failure, only challenges and brotherhood as they shouted encouragement to their kinsman, always sharing the burden. The mere thought of defeat loathsome, welling up like bile in their throats, the brothers had no time for the weak and timid for integrity was their ethos, honor was their blood, courage their bone and sinew, their very breath perseverance...for today and today alone.

And that's why I post roll every day ChrisF, so I can stand tall with men like that and call myself their brother. Because 400 days happens one day at a time. Hooah.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 972
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2019, 10:59:45 AM »
400..... WOW..... You ever thought this type of Freedom was possible?

I sure as hell didn't... then I stumbled on KTC.... and after that my life changed.

Then this big Greek God with clanging balls of bronze stumbled upon KTC on day 27 of his quit, (I believe) and changed my life forever.

Forever humbled and blessed to call you my brother, and true friend.

I will always be one day behind you and following your path, my brother and friend... always.

Bryce
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH