Author Topic: Glad to be here  (Read 97254 times)

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
Re: The Dentist - again
« Reply #288 on: May 04, 2019, 12:49:37 PM »
Got a new dentist.  Got to fill out the new patient form again.  Smokeless tobacco user?  OH HELL NO! I think I laughed out loud!
In a different story, rewired to pool pump today.  I figured, I'm doing well, I'm making good coin, I'll call an electrician, I'll have some one else do it, a professional for once. So I call the dude and he comes out and says, "man, you need a new pool.  This one was put in before all the new codes.  I can't touch it.  Too much liability". So, I rewired the thing myself. Actually pulled new wire from the pool house and redid the panel box in the pool house too while I was at it. 
Would have been a whole can job, easily. Not today. Never again. For any reason.
OK.  There might be some code violations but it's running and I prolly saved my wallet a couple a hunert bucks too. All in all a pretty good day!

You got a couple solid wins there Brother! Same thing for me when I went back to my Dentist last Tuesday, they had me fill out the form again. I got to that check box and proudly checked NO. Dentist talked to me about it as the exam was going on, Said he was proud of me for doing so. We was so kind he asked me how many days quit I was, in away I was ashamed to say "Just 98 Days"  He told me he was Proud and gave me a $98 discount!

Keep up the great work Brother, I'm proud to quit with you today!

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
The Dentist - again
« Reply #287 on: May 03, 2019, 08:27:41 PM »
Got a new dentist.  Got to fill out the new patient form again.  Smokeless tobacco user?  OH HELL NO! I think I laughed out loud!
In a different story, rewired to pool pump today.  I figured, I'm doing well, I'm making good coin, I'll call an electrician, I'll have some one else do it, a professional for once. So I call the dude and he comes out and says, "man, you need a new pool.  This one was put in before all the new codes.  I can't touch it.  Too much liability". So, I rewired the thing myself. Actually pulled new wire from the pool house and redid the panel box in the pool house too while I was at it. 
Would have been a whole can job, easily. Not today. Never again. For any reason.
OK.  There might be some code violations but it's running and I prolly saved my wallet a couple a hunert bucks too. All in all a pretty good day!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
Re: management fads
« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2019, 10:18:19 AM »
I'm waiting for the study from the Harvard School of Business declaring management fads sanctimonious posturing and pontification used by the weak, incompetent, and inept as a substitute for leadership in a failed attempt at motivating people that results in mass contempt, frustration, and demoralization.
There.
Now can I have my certificate?

my brain hurts

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
management fads
« Reply #285 on: April 30, 2019, 05:05:35 PM »
I'm waiting for the study from the Harvard School of Business declaring management fads sanctimonious posturing and pontification used by the weak, incompetent, and inept as a substitute for leadership in a failed attempt at motivating people that results in mass contempt, frustration, and demoralization.
There.
Now can I have my certificate?
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
Re: Easter Sunday
« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2019, 09:09:50 PM »
It's Easter Sunday.  I won't be sneaking off today to pop a dip there in my lip.  That my friends is freedom.  Contemplate that for a bit.
Holidays and family get togethers were challenging for a lot of us who had to ninja it in.  Even where all of the adults knew I used I never put on in in front of my nieces and nephews.  I don't have to sneak off any more and neither do you.
While you contemplate that, consider this:  It has never been contested that Christ's tomb was empty.  Why is that?

He has risen!!

Glad you had a great Easter Brother, and yes it was nice to be at 89 Days Free, No worries of putting in a dip and spiting on the lawn where the kids were hunting for eggs, of them finding the "Turd" on the lawn from when the Bunny Hid the eggs. You were one of the first to reach out to me, one of the first to set me straight. Thank you for all you have done, for me, My Masters of Mayhem Brothers, and all the other Quitters on this site! May God Bless you Brother, thank you for your support. I am honored to be quit with you today and EDD!

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Easter Sunday
« Reply #283 on: April 21, 2019, 05:45:56 AM »
It's Easter Sunday.  I won't be sneaking off today to pop a dip there in my lip.  That my friends is freedom.  Contemplate that for a bit.
Holidays and family get togethers were challenging for a lot of us who had to ninja it in.  Even where all of the adults knew I used I never put on in in front of my nieces and nephews.  I don't have to sneak off any more and neither do you.
While you contemplate that, consider this:  It has never been contested that Christ's tomb was empty.  Why is that?

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
mylilsecret
« Reply #282 on: April 17, 2019, 03:20:36 AM »
mylilsecret shares the beauty of life
(As shared by April '19 HOF Conductors Epistrophius & Bags)

Every coin has two sides.
Every action causes a reaction.
And like every positive there comes a negative.
We wouldn’t be human if we didn’t have one without the other.
If we were to never endured pain then we’d never experience the meaning of sweet pleasure. To never falter at weakness; we’d never see how strong our strength would be to rise above an obstacle. To never again feel hurtfulness; we’d never be able to show the desire to care. And the ultimate ... without heartache; we’d have the absence of the greatest gift, love.
Every one of our moments would be taken for granted.
Imagine inhaling to whisper, I love you softly to someone you adore yet only for them to never understand how deep and heartfelt it truly was meant. Or the very simplicity of touching your child’s hand absolutely would have no value or merit.
Who would want to live in such a world?
We all must tolerate the negative in order to be blessed with some positive.
This leads me back to the coin, the HOF coin, that is.
At 100 days I really didn’t see why I would need a coin to show those 100 days of my quit. I mean I had been through hell both physically and mentally and buying a coin really didn’t seem to have any significance. But around 600 days, I was looking at it on the site and honestly I’m clueless as to why but I wanted to have it as a symbol, as a reminder I had succeeded in what I and those around me never thought I’d be able to accomplish.
I understand now the meaning of the HOF coin. I suppose it didn‘t matter if I had waited another 500 days before getting it because I wouldn’t have known the true value of it. I’ve never been so proud until I ran my fingertips over that precious metal. After enduring 22 years of imprisonment to tobacco and 600 some days of being quit I had this tremendous invigorating feeling of triumph and freedom.
It’s true every coin has two sides but you see my coin doesn’t.
It only has one side and the best side of all .. that I’m quit.
-mylilsecret
Day 769

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Observations
« Reply #281 on: April 14, 2019, 08:46:41 AM »
Planes, trains, and automobiles.  In the airport in Amsterdam yesterday when I saw the slave.  He was packing a sleeve.  A whole sleeve.  I know it all too well.
Some observations:

Our nemesis nicotine does not distinguish between nationalities, races, cultures, or languages.  Like satan, she hates us all, equally and undiminished. If only our love for one another were so pure...

In general, the Scandinavian peoples seem to have found a life work balance.  They don't seem to operate with the stress level so prevalent in the states.  Not sure what drives us so but it was remarkably evident.

Yoga pants...they were made for the Norwegians and the Swedes.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
Re: Glad to be here
« Reply #280 on: April 05, 2019, 03:58:31 PM »

My oldest daughter, my pride and joy, all dolled up and beautiful for the prom.  I feel a crave coming on. Strangely it will coincide with his arrival to pick her up.  I shall satiate it by perforating paper at a hundred yards with some well placed rounds ....within ear shot of the house....

Daughters are fun roflmao roflmao roflmao

I think and archery target right in the front yard would be a nice touch.  You, out there with that compound flexing those arms while drawing that string back and sending a broadhead through the center of the target just as he is walking up the front path.

Will you be wearing a togathong while target shooting?
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #279 on: April 05, 2019, 02:36:10 PM »
My oldest daughter, my pride and joy, all dolled up and beautiful for the prom.  I feel a crave coming on. Strangely it will coincide with his arrival to pick her up.  I shall satiate it by perforating paper at a hundred yards with some well placed rounds ....within ear shot of the house....

I think and archery target right in the front yard would be a nice touch.  You, out there with that compound flexing those arms while drawing that string back and sending a broadhead through the center of the target just as he is walking up the front path.

Will you be wearing a toga while target shooting? 

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #278 on: April 05, 2019, 01:48:55 PM »

If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #277 on: April 05, 2019, 01:39:26 PM »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Mayfly lays it out
« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2019, 08:19:25 AM »
From Mayfly, April '19

...Someone asked me the other day if I could think of any reason to ever use again. Here's my response..

I'm only as quit as my current day.  The fragile balance of being quit or not compels me to show up everyday to sign my promise to stay quit for that day.  It really means that much to me now.  I can say that I am a changed man from this process, ktc, and the brothers that have my back everyday in our endless fight.

That right there is why I'm here. I'm here to fight the ever livin' shit outta nic and do it for myself and with my brothers here in April.

You think what we do here is dumb as shit, or you think you have better odds to do this on your own, fine get on down the road and do it.  I myself, will take my chances with my brothers here in April and throughout ktc.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2019, 06:36:46 PM »
Toga's are for girly men.  Spartans roll into battle with a red cape, spear, shield, .......and a thong.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2019, 05:03:41 PM »
So I'm getting some Diesel for the tractor at the Burke Corner Store.  In walks Bubba.  I used to pack one in but this guy....his lip stuck out so far you could have set a typewriter on it.  It was amazing.  I bet he had the whole can in there.  I see stuff like that from time to time and it blows me away that I was bubba for so long.  Owa tafool Iam chanted the tribe. In a related story, Athan splits and stacks six cords of wood over the marvelous weekend and all with out nicotine.  Of course, it hurts to move now.  Even my earlobes are in pain.  Youth, it's wasted on the young!

Do you wear a toga when cutting wood?  Skol asked me to ask that question.  And he would like photo evidence.

Typewriter lip is a real thing.  Never again.