Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 40514 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2024, 09:15:13 AM »
Went to the dentist yesterday. Received a great checkup which I expect when I go to the dentist. I remember being soooo scared to go. I knew they would ask about dipping and why I wanted to do something that I knew could kill me. I never had a good answer. I would lie and say I was going to quit. Finally I stopped going for a number of years to avoid the conversation. It amazed me then and still amazes me now on how strong the addiction really is.

Isn’t it time to face the music that you need to stop? All of us at KTC once sat where you are sitting. I can tell you quitting is possible and much easier than you think when you do it with others and also have a support and accountability system in place. There isn’t a better day than today to start taking back control of your life. But quitting ODAAT - one day at a time, and letting the days add up, it doesn’t take too long before you start to see things improve and quitting getting easier. Here is the link to start saving your life. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd  Come join us.
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2023, 10:12:39 AM »
1900 days of not doing something that will eventually either kill you or severely damage your health. There are a ton of us who haven’t paid the price for stuffing a cancer causing dead plant into our lips. We are extremely fortunate. We were so hooked that we still justified doing it even when we learned the consequences.

I can tell you quitting with others here on KTC has been much easier than it ever was on my own. Having a network of quitter that I can call anytime and they will provide the accountability and support I need to get through hard times is priceless. Quitting is hard. Life is hard. Excuses to stuff nicotine back into our lips is easy. Aren’t you worth doing something hard? If you can’t handle quitting how are you going to handle the surgeries, chemo, and radiation?

There isn’t a better day than today to start taking back control of your life. But quitting ODAAT - one day at a time, and letting the days add up, it doesn’t take too long before you start to see things improve and quitting getting easier. Here is the link to start saving your life. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd  Come join us.
Jan19

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 136
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2023, 04:20:00 PM »
Congratulations on 5 years free of the devil dirt we used to stuff in our lips. I’m only 131 days out and unfortunately I’m still struggling but I really look up to you veterans to get me through this journey. So far I have endured some of the most powerful cravings but I refuse to cave. If I didn’t cave I would have had 18 years this coming November 10th.
We cannot change the past but we can definitely control our future and I cannot see myself with a dip in my lip ever again. Congratulations my friend.
Thank you. You know it gets better. So give it time. Focus on one day at a time. You can do it.
I will do just that. ODAAT. Thanks Keith.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2023, 09:20:04 PM »
Congratulations on 5 years free of the devil dirt we used to stuff in our lips. I’m only 131 days out and unfortunately I’m still struggling but I really look up to you veterans to get me through this journey. So far I have endured some of the most powerful cravings but I refuse to cave. If I didn’t cave I would have had 18 years this coming November 10th.
We cannot change the past but we can definitely control our future and I cannot see myself with a dip in my lip ever again. Congratulations my friend.
Thank you. You know it gets better. So give it time. Focus on one day at a time. You can do it.
Jan19

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 136
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2023, 02:06:55 PM »

Online worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2023, 06:48:55 PM »
5 years of being nicotine free. I didn’t wake up years ago and say I want to quit. Instead, I finally decided had to quit. I chose life and living over doing something that would kill me. It was the best decision I could ever make. Isn’t it time for you to make the same decision? Isn’t your life worth it? Quitting does suck for a while. But quitting with others and buying into the program makes it sooooooo much easier than trying to quit alone. I dipped for the majority of my life and had a dip in almost all day everyday. You can do this.

There isn’t a better day than today to start taking back control of your life. But quitting ODAAT - one day at a time, and letting the days add up, it doesn’t take too long before you start to see light at the end of the tunnel. Here is the link to start saving your life. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd  It’s time to start.
Congrats on 5 years @Keith0617 !! Hope you find some ways to celebrate the half-decade milestone today. Damn proud to be quit with you each and every day.
Congratulations sir. Honored to quit with you.

Online MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2023, 10:14:58 AM »
5 years of being nicotine free. I didn’t wake up years ago and say I want to quit. Instead, I finally decided had to quit. I chose life and living over doing something that would kill me. It was the best decision I could ever make. Isn’t it time for you to make the same decision? Isn’t your life worth it? Quitting does suck for a while. But quitting with others and buying into the program makes it sooooooo much easier than trying to quit alone. I dipped for the majority of my life and had a dip in almost all day everyday. You can do this.

There isn’t a better day than today to start taking back control of your life. But quitting ODAAT - one day at a time, and letting the days add up, it doesn’t take too long before you start to see light at the end of the tunnel. Here is the link to start saving your life. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd  It’s time to start.
Congrats on 5 years @Keith0617 !! Hope you find some ways to celebrate the half-decade milestone today. Damn proud to be quit with you each and every day.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2023, 09:04:47 AM »

Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2023, 05:28:43 PM »
Day 1731. Got to go to the dentist yesterday. Everything went great. Funny how I used to be scared to go and at times blow off the dentist because I was afraid of what they might say. Now they congratulate me on quitting and remind me to floss a little more regularly.

There isn’t a better day than today to start taking back control of your life. It does suck for a while. But quitting ODAAT - one day at a time, and letting the days add up, it doesn’t take too long before you start to see light at the end of the tunnel. Here is the link to start saving your life. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd quitting with others is soooooo much easier than trying to quit alone. It’s time to start. 
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2023, 09:55:39 AM »
Day 1,703 of being nicotine free. Once you sign up and by into the program of waking up and posting your promise to stay nicotine free just for the day and exchanging digits and getting to know a few fellow quitters, it is amazing how much easier is it to actually quit. We all failed on our own, why not try a different approach? Quitting with others really helped me. You may not want to quit today. I understand how the addict brain works, but you know you should. Isn’t time to stop doing something that will kill you? 

There isn’t a better day than today to start taking back control of your life. It does suck for a while. But quitting ODAAT - one day at a time, and letting the days add up, it doesn’t take too long before you start to see light at the end of the tunnel. Here is the link to start saving your life. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 03:34:34 PM by Keith0617 »
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2022, 10:36:00 AM »
Day 1530 of being clean from nicotine. Today is also my son’s birthday. I give him much of the credit for me being quit today. After dipping for nearly 38 years, and multiple failed attempts at quitting, I once again announced that I was quitting dipping. My family just looked and me and then my son asked why he should believe me. He had heard the line many many times before. Said I needed to try quitting differently if I was hoping for a different result. How I kept trying to quit just wasn’t working. That conversation led to doing some googling and that’s when I found KTC. My son was correct. Quitting with KTC has led to a different result and has been easier than any other attempt. Posting my promise first thing daily to stay nicotine just for the day is something I can do. I don’t worry about tomorrow, next week, and definitely don’t worry about forever. I just promise not to have nicotine today. I can do anything for 1 day. However, it wasn’t always easy to make it though the day. That is were the sister/brotherhood comes to play. I made connections, and in some cases friendships, that when I needed accountability and support, I would text or call my network of quitters and they were always there to support me. I learned that quitting with others is soooooo much easier that quitting alone.

There isn’t a better day than today to start taking back control of your life. It does suck for a while. But quitting ODAAT - one day at a time, and letting the days add up, it doesn’t take too long before you start to see light at the end of the tunnel. Here is the link to start saving your life. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd   
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 10:38:28 AM by Keith0617 »
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2022, 04:36:31 PM »
Day 1505. Just got home from the dentist and it dawned on me. Isn't it funny how I am not scared to go to the dentist anymore. In fact, I get compliments. If you are still deciding when to quit, because we both already know you need to quit, today is the day. Not next week, or December 1, or next year. Start saving your life today. If the cravings that come with quitting for a while are too much, how the hell are we going to handle chemo and radiation? It isn't a game anymore about do you want to quit, it is facing reality that you have to quit if you choose life. Quitting sucks for a while, and it does suck. But eventually you start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Quitting with others also makes it so muck easier. Quitting does take work but you can do it. There are zillions of fellow quitters here on KTC/Discord that will help you. Only thing left is for you to finally make the decision to quit.
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2022, 02:59:17 PM »
Today is day 1432 of being clean. It is funny if you will just quit for one day and then repeat the routine the following day, the days sure do add up fast. Quitting does suck for a while, but that makes sense. How can you put a drug in your system for years and then your body not struggle when you remove it? However, the suck is soooo worth it in the long run. I can live my life without panicking if I have my next dip with me. Golfing, fishing, or hanging with family, I can live my life and focus on the things important to me, not dip.

I have recently lost a few friends. Life is short. Why continue to do something that will shorten it? Quit today and start to take you life back. The gift of freedom is so worth the relatively short period of suck. Time to make a decision.

Here is the link to start saving yourself. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2022, 02:20:40 PM »
Posting our promise is something we should do first thing everyday to protect our quit. It is not a process of just typing a number. It caries the same weight as if I knocked on your front door, looked you in the eye, and gave you my word I would not use nicotine day. Your level of integrity determines what happens next. Either staying quit or caving and there is never an excuse for caving.
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2022, 09:32:13 AM »
Today is day 1414 of being clean. It is funny if you will just quit for one day and then repeat the routine the following day, the days sure do add up fast. Quitting does suck for a while, but that makes sense. How can you put a drug in your system for years and then your body not struggle when you remove it? However, the suck is soooo worth it in the long run. I can live my life without panicking if I have my next dip with me. Golfing, fishing, or hanging with family, I can live my life and focus on the things important to me, not dip.

I have recently lost a few friends. Life is short. Why continue to do something that will shorten it? Quit today and start to take you life back. The gift of freedom is so worth the relatively short period of suck. Time to make a decision.

Here is the link to start saving yourself. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd
Jan19