Community > Introductions

Oldschool introduction

<< < (15/19) > >>

Keith0617:

--- Quote from: oldschool on August 24, 2019, 09:51:27 AM ---321 days nicotine free!

As I wrote in my last post, day 300 started with a severe case of anxiety.  That lasted for 10 straight days, then it left as quickly as it came.  My wife and three kids have anxiety from time to time -especially with big events/large groups.  For my adult life I didn't have that issue until I quit dip.  My wife can tell now when I am not feeling good, and she helps me, does not push me.  I am a lucky man.

Had a very big win since the last post:  I went golfing!  First time since I quit.  It was a big Customer event that entailed food, drink, and boxes of cigars.  They always have cigars and Salesmen eagerly with smiles on their face push and try to give these death sticks to everyone and anyone.  One of my Customers smoked cigarettes and basically was lipping a cigar for the whole round of golf.   I had my HOF coin in my pocket and phone numbers of friends who I knew would support me if I needed it.  I got through the day, handled the initial craves, and ultimately had a great time!

After the festivities everyone was hanging out at the local bar.  My friend was there - he was the person who inspired me to quit.  He was a ninja dipper like me.  He quit with Chantix but no other support structure.  I wrote about him earlier; he caved smoking a cigar at a Customer event earlier in the year.  At the bar, he came up to me and showed me a can of dip.  I told him I was still quit, and he should throw that can away and join KTC.  He turned around and left....  Fuck nicotine.

Thanks to all who supported me and got me through some tough times.  Hopefully I have done the same and strengthened your quits.  PTQWYT!

--- End quote ---

Great wins Rich. I hope you know two things:

1. you are not alone with the stress/anxiety/etc that you face at times. I have talked to several quitters that face the same challenges and I also face them at times.
      2. Regardless of day count, you are never facing this issues or any other issues alone. I, as well as a list of other supporters, will always be there to have your back and support you. The cool thing is I also know you would be there for me.

I am proud to quit with you one day at a time.

oldschool:
321 days nicotine free!

As I wrote in my last post, day 300 started with a severe case of anxiety.  That lasted for 10 straight days, then it left as quickly as it came.  My wife and three kids have anxiety from time to time -especially with big events/large groups.  For my adult life I didn't have that issue until I quit dip.  My wife can tell now when I am not feeling good, and she helps me, does not push me.  I am a lucky man.

Had a very big win since the last post:  I went golfing!  First time since I quit.  It was a big Customer event that entailed food, drink, and boxes of cigars.  They always have cigars and Salesmen eagerly with smiles on their face push and try to give these death sticks to everyone and anyone.  One of my Customers smoked cigarettes and basically was lipping a cigar for the whole round of golf.   I had my HOF coin in my pocket and phone numbers of friends who I knew would support me if I needed it.  I got through the day, handled the initial craves, and ultimately had a great time!

After the festivities everyone was hanging out at the local bar.  My friend was there - he was the person who inspired me to quit.  He was a ninja dipper like me.  He quit with Chantix but no other support structure.  I wrote about him earlier; he caved smoking a cigar at a Customer event earlier in the year.  At the bar, he came up to me and showed me a can of dip.  I told him I was still quit, and he should throw that can away and join KTC.  He turned around and left....  Fuck nicotine.

Thanks to all who supported me and got me through some tough times.  Hopefully I have done the same and strengthened your quits.  PTQWYT!

oldschool:

--- Quote from: wildirish317 on August 03, 2019, 10:12:29 PM ---You might be interested in this.

--- End quote ---
thanks wildirish!  I have read most of your posts regarding PAWS.  The information has really helped me get through some serious bad times.  I appreciate all you do on KTC!

wildirish317:
You might be interested in this.

oldschool:
300 days nicotine free!

I woke up today with a severe case of anxiety  My nerves were piano wire tight.  Today was the day my youngest daughter was going to get her drivers license.  It was basically a done deal:  In our state the kids have to go to a driving school and the instructor is the one to do the final driving test.  So this was just a formality, sit and wait, take a picture, and your out.  My daughter pulled 113 and the current number was 85.  Great, about an hour weight.  We had been sitting awhile when this lady sat right next to me and, ugh, did she smell.  Finally, our number was called and we were done.  My anxiety went from bad to worse during that hour and all I wanted to do was go home.

My wife and I were supposed to go to a birthday party in the afternoon, but I was not up to it.  The brain rewiring itself has no day count, has no never mind for parties, it heals when it wants to.  Sometimes, when I do too much, I get like this.  I have been working on trying to relax.  I have been working on just dealing with the moment,  So today, even though it sucked, was a win for me.

Instead of the party, I worked downstairs in my basement shop.  I have restored 2 old lathes, and I finally found an original motor for the 12x36 lathe.  I took the old motor off and put it on the other lathe, and I built a new stand for the smaller lathe,  I was down there for 5 hours, yet it didn't feel like it  After finishing those projects, I started planning how I was going to build a stand for my milling machine. 

Then, my wife visited with me and asked if I could take her out to dinner.  We went to a newer place that is always crowded.  It was our first time there, and it was a cool place buzzing with people.  Soon as we sat at the bar my anxiety kicked in.  Wow, what a day!  It has been quite a while since it has been this bad.  I didn't let my nerves bother me too much during dinner, but I was relieved to leave and go home.  During the car ride home, I talked my wife into going on a bike ride with me.  The long ride really helped calm my nerves.  The fresh air combined with exercise does help.

Well, rough start on the 3rd floor.  Maybe I don't like heights  :)  One thing I do know is quit one day at a time

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version