Author Topic: Mthomastherapy  (Read 14298 times)

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Mthomastherapy
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 12:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Day 5. So my mistress cornered me today. In Utah. March can be very warm or very cold...just wait a day. So we went from high 60's the last couple days to low 30's this morning.

I reached in my top drawer to get a ski hat out. In the hat was a can of the creature. Skoal mint pouches!!! I was going to flush it. If I did that, there would be a step to open the can. Something told me NOT to open the can. I tossed it. Took it to the same gas station that was my stop for chew. Put it in there can. I said out loud. It's over. NOT today!

There really is something to making a promise to the brotherhood of addicts. If you fuckers can do it and keep your word, then I can too. After all I'M an addict too. There is simple but superhuman strength here. Post roll and keep your word. Simple but when the mistress shows up, you have superhuman strength. (her tits seem to sag and she is missing teeth now)

I also have help lines. So when the fight get too tough, I have a few big brothers that have my back. Today is not easy, but I'm very happy. Happy with my choice, happy with everyone's successes and victories. Glad to work with Winners.
Good job brother. Your right, it isn't easy right now, but it WILL get easier. You have to feel like crap for a while, but you can do it. I know you can. You just have to want it more than anything else, everyday. Stay quit brother.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
Day 5. So my mistress cornered me today. In Utah. March can be very warm or very cold...just wait a day. So we went from high 60's the last couple days to low 30's this morning.

I reached in my top drawer to get a ski hat out. In the hat was a can of the creature. Skoal mint pouches!!! I was going to flush it. If I did that, there would be a step to open the can. Something told me NOT to open the can. I tossed it. Took it to the same gas station that was my stop for chew. Put it in there can. I said out loud. It's over. NOT today!

There really is something to making a promise to the brotherhood of addicts. If you fuckers can do it and keep your word, then I can too. After all I'M an addict too. There is simple but superhuman strength here. Post roll and keep your word. Simple but when the mistress shows up, you have superhuman strength. (her tits seem to sag and she is missing teeth now)

I also have help lines. So when the fight get too tough, I have a few big brothers that have my back. Today is not easy, but I'm very happy. Happy with my choice, happy with everyone's successes and victories. Glad to work with Winners.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline zaaa96

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
Great post bro...reach out if you need anything!

Offline klinger1986

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 12:34:00 PM »
What an amazing post and confession. As I was reading your story, I could feel tears building up, because it sounds so much like my story, hell it sounds so much like ALL of our stories! M if you need anything feel free to send me a message, and I am more than willing to give you my cell. You and I are in the same boat, and on the ride of our lives. I too just quit. Hope to see you in the June 2012 section. Also, I quit with you today bro!
Quit date: 3/10/2012

Offline Suck-It

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
Great Posts. Proud to be a June Quit brother with ya. Keep posting - they will help you and will also help so many others like myself. You will be a great quit brother to help us all kick the can to the curb one day at a time. Check your Inbox - sending my contact info.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 09:34:00 AM »
Keep it up Bro. I quit with you today!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
Quote from: MikeA
Quote from: CoachDoc
You have the right mind set...you have all the groundwork for a truly epic quit.  Now, do the rest of the work - get numbers, make contacts, build that support system that will be there as your safety net when things get hairy.

You need a number, mine is yours for the asking.  Proud to have you aboard as a new brother.

CoachDoc
Thanks for the encouragement.
Great intro bro...I will quit with you today!!
Please let us know your weekend plans. Weekends are huge quit killers and this one is St Patty's day. For you I would recommend no beer and no dip buddies.
Plans? really none and my grandparents were Irish! No dip buddies and no beer either. I am going to put headphones on and probably walk and run like forrest gump. I am so afraid of gaining weight that when I get a strong craving, I lift weights, go running or play banjo. (that's why I have no friends in my Yankee town...I am learning how to play the banjo)

I'll probably be here a lot too. Yesterday, it was great therapy. I could relate so much to all the posts. It became funny, the cravings probably were there but I was distracted by reading and realizing that finally, finally there is a group of people that can understand and relate.
3 quit days but it has only been a total of 48 hours since my first quit. I'm in my office just staring at the computer. I feel so tired but can't sleep at work. The behavior of needing a dip has always been there but today I feel the true craving. I posted roll before I got hit with a ton of nic fits. Wow, I know I am detoxing.

Went in to chat. Didn't know what to say, just knew I needed to read and listen. Met some cool peeps there. Good therapy. Talking trash, gearing up with knowledge and understanding. Even seeing people come in who are "thinking" about quitting.

I am a church going sinner and addict. I say, "fuck" a lot but I go to church because I think church is a hospital for sinners. I go to get therapy and heal. I also know God answers prayers. My prayer was answered when I met dippshit in chat. He talked me off the roof immediately. He wouldn't accept that, "I'm quitting tomorrow". He talked me into quitting right then and there.

So now in day 3 Hell yes I'm foggy, I know what that feels like. It sucks but I am happy. I'm not alone, my battle may be individual but I know that I am part of a quit team. In order for a team to be good, we have to be men of integrity. We do what we say we are going to do. We may quit every day, but the value in quitting and racking up the days builds greater confidence and integrity.

I have broke it off with my Mistress. Nic and I had something I thought was special but it turned out that our relationship was founded upon lies. Nic was my little precious jewel. So there may be withdrawals from the mistress. However, I love my Integrity and Word more. For the last 3 days, I AM A MAN OF MY WORD! I Quit and there were no caves I climbed into. Feels fucking great to say that! I am no longer a hypocrite. Tobacco is evil. Pure and simple. I have danced with the devil way too long.

Foggy, Dazed, and jonesing today. But I am also very, very Happy. How can I be happy, irritated with no ability to function? Well that is my experience today. To my former mistress, "Nic kiss my ass! Not today....It's OVER" Sure you'll call me tomorrow...I would expect your pathetic ass to keep calling. We'll deal with tomorrow when it comes. For today, Goodbye and I'm hanging up now.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »
Quote from: MikeA
You have the right mind set...you have all the groundwork for a truly epic quit.  Now, do the rest of the work - get numbers, make contacts, build that support system that will be there as your safety net when things get hairy.

You need a number, mine is yours for the asking.  Proud to have you aboard as a new brother.

CoachDoc
Please let us know your weekend plans. Weekends are huge quit killers and this one is St Patty's day. For you I would recommend no beer and no dip buddies.
Plans? really none and my grandparents were Irish! No dip buddies and no beer either. I am going to put headphones on and probably walk and run like forrest gump. I am so afraid of gaining weight that when I get a strong craving, I lift weights, go running or play banjo. (that's why I have no friends in my Yankee town...I am learning how to play the banjo)

I'll probably be here a lot too. Yesterday, it was great therapy. I could relate so much to all the posts. It became funny, the cravings probably were there but I was distracted by reading and realizing that finally, finally there is a group of people that can understand and relate.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »

CoachDoc

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
You have the right mind set...you have all the groundwork for a truly epic quit. Now, do the rest of the work - get numbers, make contacts, build that support system that will be there as your safety net when things get hairy.

You need a number, mine is yours for the asking. Proud to have you aboard as a new brother.

CoachDoc
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
You have the right mind set...you have all the groundwork for a truly epic quit. Now, do the rest of the work - get numbers, make contacts, build that support system that will be there as your safety net when things get hairy.

You need a number, mine is yours for the asking. Proud to have you aboard as a new brother.

CoachDoc
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »
Okay, so here is my story. When I was in high school, I wrestled varsity for three years. I was small to start but as I grew, I tried to keep my weight down to be competitive. I usually was a pound or two heavy the day before weigh in. A simple trick to loose weight, spit all day long. One day, I was so sick of the jolly ranchers. My tongue was cut up, I was hungry and I couldn't salivate. One of my teammates told me that if I needed saliva, to put this in my mouth. At first, I didn't know if I was sick or if I liked the buzzy, dizzy feeling but man could I spit and make weight!!! (I wasn't thinking about food either)

I married my high school sweetheart a few years later and knew she didn't approve. Hell, she didn't even know about my on and off again habit. I kept that from her, my family, church members, really it was my private pleasure and I actually liked doing something that was all about me and no one else was a part of it.

In business, I discovered people I worked with were just like me. I would go golfing and notice a friend fooling around with his golf bag. Hey, I do that when I dip...sure enough, he was getting a dip too. It soon turned from a private pleasure to an underground group of friends where is was welcome and fun.

One day, my wife called me. She said, "I have some great news!" I asked what it was. She begins to say that she was putting a load of laundry in and thought to check the pockets of my shorts. (I thought she was going to say that she found some cash.) To my shock, she said, "I found your apple skoal and didn't wash it." I was actually scared. I froze, didn't know what to say. I imagine that would be the same feeling I would have if I was cheating on her. We talked and I told her that I would quit.

Another time, my son found a can I hid in the entertainment center. My kids were devastated. I decided right then that it wasn't worth the embarrassment or the shame I feel...so I'm done. If for no other reason, I love my family and this is not good. "Dad, you're my hero, you could die." Broke my heart. Isn't that reason to quit right then and there? What kind of example am I? Even if it is hidden, do I lead my children by example or word? I want to claim both.

Fast forward to the time my son wanted to come with me to the gas station...I sent him out to the car. "Hey, will you see if I left my keys in the car" While I was quickly trying to get a can, I saw him walking in. I told the attendant, "Hide it, put it down!" She realized I didn't want my son to see. I thought I got away with it. I didn't buy it and from my vantage point, he didn't see anything. Well, he told his mom that he thought I bought some tobacco so here we go again.

Now they don't even ask me if I am chewing, they just assume that I am. I know that I can't quit for them but only for me. I have lived my life that being selfish is wrong. However, I am being selfish because only I can quit...for me and no one else. I started doing this from an individual sport and now I can only quit as an individual with support. I am a man of my word, but chewing tobacco has made me a hypocrite. I don't want the added expense or the lower integrity in my life. I like to be alone but I think that is false. I like to spend time with a plant more than my family and friends who would judge me.

Why does this take precedence over what I care most about? If you asked me what is most important to me, skoal mint pouches wouldn't even come up in the conversation. If you watch my behavior, that wouldn't be the case. The reality is I have put chewing tobacco ahead of God, Family, Friends, Work, Sleep, etc.

I want tobacco to know...I want me to prove that It is no longer important and shouldn't be a part of my life. So I am breaking it off. Time to move on and discover a life tobacco free.

I wrote this yesterday and just re-read. Day two, I am still determined. I'm at work and can't leave. Today would have been a perfect day for a can. Yes I have had cravings but I am still in the fight. What has been the hardest is the sadness I feel today. I never cry, but my eyes seem to well up every time I recognize that I am an addict. I thought I was faithful to my wife of 20 years just because I haven't had sex with another woman. I'm recognizing that I cheated on her and my kids. My mistress was a can of tobacco. I lied, deceived, excused and loved my mistress of tobacco. Some may think that is a little over the top. I don't. It is spot on. I have to come to terms with my faults, accept that I am an addict. So what, I'm an addict! Fine I'll live with it, like a sore knee but I am going to live and it will always be tobacco free. Far greater than the cravings...I'm just sad today. The walk to freedom is going to hurt, but I want to be independent. I'll go to hell and back for freedom. I'm off to hell, but I'll be back.
Mutty

Bra-fucking-vo. Congratulations.

This isn't going to be easy, but it is going to be simple. Make your promise by posting roll, keep it by not using nicotine, and repeat today, every today.

Soak this site up buddy, read, chat, chime in and give June your take. Let this place be your hide away from the suck.

If your quit follows mine, and most others, the poison will be outta you by Saturday, and you'll start clearing up and coming out of that fog around 7-10 days. But that wont be the end of it, you will hit a couple funks, but nothing worse than what you going thru these first few days.

Reach out if you need anything. And don't be bashful, exchange some numbers with your quit brothers, one day one of them may save your live, hell, one day you may save mine.

Keep it up.

dipp - 144

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
Great choice and great post. Coming clean feels great. Freedom feels great. It is never too late to start being the person you want to be. Stay strong, stay quit.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
Mthomastherapy
« on: March 15, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
Okay, so here is my story. When I was in high school, I wrestled varsity for three years. I was small to start but as I grew, I tried to keep my weight down to be competitive. I usually was a pound or two heavy the day before weigh in. A simple trick to loose weight, spit all day long. One day, I was so sick of the jolly ranchers. My tongue was cut up, I was hungry and I couldn't salivate. One of my teammates told me that if I needed saliva, to put this in my mouth. At first, I didn't know if I was sick or if I liked the buzzy, dizzy feeling but man could I spit and make weight!!! (I wasn't thinking about food either)

I married my high school sweetheart a few years later and knew she didn't approve. Hell, she didn't even know about my on and off again habit. I kept that from her, my family, church members, really it was my private pleasure and I actually liked doing something that was all about me and no one else was a part of it.

In business, I discovered people I worked with were just like me. I would go golfing and notice a friend fooling around with his golf bag. Hey, I do that when I dip...sure enough, he was getting a dip too. It soon turned from a private pleasure to an underground group of friends where is was welcome and fun.

One day, my wife called me. She said, "I have some great news!" I asked what it was. She begins to say that she was putting a load of laundry in and thought to check the pockets of my shorts. (I thought she was going to say that she found some cash.) To my shock, she said, "I found your apple skoal and didn't wash it." I was actually scared. I froze, didn't know what to say. I imagine that would be the same feeling I would have if I was cheating on her. We talked and I told her that I would quit.

Another time, my son found a can I hid in the entertainment center. My kids were devastated. I decided right then that it wasn't worth the embarrassment or the shame I feel...so I'm done. If for no other reason, I love my family and this is not good. "Dad, you're my hero, you could die." Broke my heart. Isn't that reason to quit right then and there? What kind of example am I? Even if it is hidden, do I lead my children by example or word? I want to claim both.

Fast forward to the time my son wanted to come with me to the gas station...I sent him out to the car. "Hey, will you see if I left my keys in the car" While I was quickly trying to get a can, I saw him walking in. I told the attendant, "Hide it, put it down!" She realized I didn't want my son to see. I thought I got away with it. I didn't buy it and from my vantage point, he didn't see anything. Well, he told his mom that he thought I bought some tobacco so here we go again.

Now they don't even ask me if I am chewing, they just assume that I am. I know that I can't quit for them but only for me. I have lived my life that being selfish is wrong. However, I am being selfish because only I can quit...for me and no one else. I started doing this from an individual sport and now I can only quit as an individual with support. I am a man of my word, but chewing tobacco has made me a hypocrite. I don't want the added expense or the lower integrity in my life. I like to be alone but I think that is false. I like to spend time with a plant more than my family and friends who would judge me.

Why does this take precedence over what I care most about? If you asked me what is most important to me, skoal mint pouches wouldn't even come up in the conversation. If you watch my behavior, that wouldn't be the case. The reality is I have put chewing tobacco ahead of God, Family, Friends, Work, Sleep, etc.

I want tobacco to know...I want me to prove that It is no longer important and shouldn't be a part of my life. So I am breaking it off. Time to move on and discover a life tobacco free.

I wrote this yesterday and just re-read. Day two, I am still determined. I'm at work and can't leave. Today would have been a perfect day for a can. Yes I have had cravings but I am still in the fight. What has been the hardest is the sadness I feel today. I never cry, but my eyes seem to well up every time I recognize that I am an addict. I thought I was faithful to my wife of 20 years just because I haven't had sex with another woman. I'm recognizing that I cheated on her and my kids. My mistress was a can of tobacco. I lied, deceived, excused and loved my mistress of tobacco. Some may think that is a little over the top. I don't. It is spot on. I have to come to terms with my faults, accept that I am an addict. So what, I'm an addict! Fine I'll live with it, like a sore knee but I am going to live and it will always be tobacco free. Far greater than the cravings...I'm just sad today. The walk to freedom is going to hurt, but I want to be independent. I'll go to hell and back for freedom. I'm off to hell, but I'll be back.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech