Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 19744 times)

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #693 on: April 08, 2016, 05:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: KKLJINC
Quote from: Pinched
4/8/16 (first of all that is an awesome sequence of numbers
Day 999

Tomorrow will be great, but today is fantastic. Today I am quit for my 999th day. I never imagined that this quit would change me in the way it has. I am the kind of guy that keeps to himself and does what is necessary with no desire to have attention drawn on me. I also never thought that people I meet through an online community would become such a vital part of my existence. I also thought I was not an addict, I could quit any day that I wanted to...I just never wanted to. Until going to bed one night laying there doing research and reading about KTC and reading the stories...I lurked like a ninja and then finally signed up but had not yet posted roll. The next morning I got up and my routine lead me to packing my tin...thump, thump, thump and then all the sudden I nutted up and quit. Posted roll and it all began.

Even then I followed the path but was not 100% bought in. I spent a couple of weeks doing only the minimum (post roll and get the fuck out). Finally one other quitter got me to the chat room and I started to open up. Now I never shut the fuck up or leave my opinion unknown...KTC started a monster.

The reason I choose to post this intro today is because yes tomorrow is a big day the 4th digit gets added. Yes this is a big milestone but I am so thankful for today more so than anything.

Today I am quit
Today I am mentally more stable
Today I am a better man
Today I have whiter teeth
Today I can do work laying on my back without dip spit rolling down my throat or cheek
Today I do not spit on retail floors
Today my truck does not smell like Copenhagen
Today I can function without my crutch
Today I do not fear my breath smelling like a dip dragon
Today I do not look like I ate some ants
Today my gums do not bleed or hurt
Today I am not sneaking off to pinch a lip
Today I am happy
Today I made my promise
Today I know I am a addict

Tomorrow...well we will just see what tomorrow brings, I have faith that I am strong enough to persevere and be here to see what the day presents for me. Only time will tell, but I now have the tools to face adversity and learn how to overcome that obstacle without a insecticide coated weed.

So today I say 'Finger' Nicotine! Not today...move along.
1000 days of quit feels good, enjoy the 999, but remember the 1K
Tomorrow is a big day P! I was just thinking about when I first joined and you were the first one to welcome me, and help me with my fuck up in roll! I wont ever forget your help. It seems like such a small thing now but it firmly set me on the right path that has kept me clean now for 869 days. Thank you for all you do around here! ;Ironman:
I love watching your quit. I learn from you over and over again. You fuel my quit. You sir are one of the foundation building blocks of my quit. I would not be here without you.
As usual, awesome post. Pretty much sums up the journey of your last 999 days...awesome. Congrats!
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #692 on: April 08, 2016, 02:19:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Day 999

Tomorrow will be great, but today is fantastic. Today I am quit for my 999th day. I never imagined that this quit would change me in the way it has. I am the kind of guy that keeps to himself and does what is necessary with no desire to have attention drawn on me. I also never thought that people I meet through an online community would become such a vital part of my existence. I also thought I was not an addict, I could quit any day that I wanted to...I just never wanted to. Until going to bed one night laying there doing research and reading about KTC and reading the stories...I lurked like a ninja and then finally signed up but had not yet posted roll. The next morning I got up and my routine lead me to packing my tin...thump, thump, thump and then all the sudden I nutted up and quit. Posted roll and it all began.

Even then I followed the path but was not 100% bought in. I spent a couple of weeks doing only the minimum (post roll and get the fuck out). Finally one other quitter got me to the chat room and I started to open up. Now I never shut the fuck up or leave my opinion unknown...KTC started a monster.

The reason I choose to post this intro today is because yes tomorrow is a big day the 4th digit gets added. Yes this is a big milestone but I am so thankful for today more so than anything.

Today I am quit
Today I am a better man
Today I can do work laying on my back without dip spit rolling down my throat or cheek
Today I am happy
Today I made my promise

Tomorrow...well we will just see what tomorrow brings, I have faith that I am strong enough to persevere and be here to see what the day presents for me. Only time will tell, but I now have the tools to face adversity and learn how to overcome that obstacle without a insecticide coated weed.

Tomorrow is a big day P! I was just thinking about when I first joined and you were the first one to welcome me, and help me with my fuck up in roll! I wont ever forget your help. It seems like such a small thing now but it firmly set me on the right path that has kept me clean now for 869 days. Thank you for all you do around here! ;Ironman:
I love watching your quit. I learn from you over and over again. You fuel my quit. You sir are one of the foundation building blocks of my quit. I would not be here without you.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #691 on: April 08, 2016, 01:50:00 PM »
Day 999

Today I am quit
Today I am a better man
Today I am happy
Today I made my promise

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #690 on: April 08, 2016, 11:57:00 AM »
Day 999

Today I am quit
Today I am a better man
Today I am happy
Today I made my promise

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #689 on: April 08, 2016, 10:10:00 AM »
Day 999

Today I am quit
Today I am a better man
Today I am happy
Today I made my promise

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline QuitConstruct

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: The Word, People, Myself, Construction, hopefully a wife soon
« Reply #688 on: February 20, 2016, 06:59:00 PM »
Quote from: I'm
Quote from: Luby
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: AppleJack
Last Saturday I sat and talked to a fellow triathlete who herself was a heroin addict. She has even published a book now that tells her story then to now, keep in mind she is currently training with me to compete in Ironman races, I said compete not finish. She is inspiring as hell. But while we sat there and talked the two of us mashed together the following words about addiction that I think are insightful and inspiring at the same time.

You will always be an addict.
Though you have stopped using you are not recovered.
The key to recovery is change and making a new pattern in life.
You have to make it so it is not easier to slip back into addiction.
There is no reset button and you cannot create a new life.
You simply make a choice to change all of the variables of your life that lead to addiction.
Without a true change and dedication to that change addiction will come find you again.

Today I choose to post roll, and make my promise that I will not allow addiction to come after me. When I am successful then I will do it all over again tomorrow.
Choosing.

Choosing and dedicating yourself to that choice.

That's it. Right there.

Own. It.
making that choice to stand right there with you. QUIT!
I make my choice with you!
Thanks for sharing my friend, all the more reason to post roll tomorrow, you made my quit stronger, proud to quit with you.
I love me some Pinched. Thank you.
Choice made.
So well said! No one knows what it takes to quit better then a man who lives each day with their commitment and promise. I QLF with you!
chosed.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 608
« Reply #687 on: February 20, 2016, 05:41:00 PM »
Quote from: I'm
Last Saturday I sat and talked to a fellow triathlete who herself was a heroin addict. She has even published a book now that tells her story then to now, keep in mind she is currently training with me to compete in Ironman races, I said compete not finish. She is inspiring as hell. But while we sat there and talked the two of us mashed together the following words about addiction that I think are insightful and inspiring at the same time.

You simply make a choice to change all of the variables of your life that lead to addiction.
Without a true change and dedication to that change addiction will come find you again.

Today I choose to post roll, and make my promise that I will not allow addiction to come after me. When I am successful then I will do it all over again tomorrow.
Choosing.

That's it. Right there.

Own. It.
Thanks for sharing my friend, all the more reason to post roll tomorrow, you made my quit stronger, proud to quit with you.
Choice made.
So well said! No one knows what it takes to quit better then a man who lives each day with their commitment and promise. I QLF with you!
'oh yeah'
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

I'm done with chew

« Reply #686 on: February 19, 2016, 11:49:00 PM »

Choosing.

That's it. Right there.

Own. It.
Choice made.

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #685 on: February 16, 2016, 12:37:00 PM »

Choosing.

That's it. Right there.

Own. It.
Choice made.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #684 on: February 11, 2016, 02:49:00 AM »

Choosing.

That's it. Right there.

Own. It.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #683 on: February 10, 2016, 01:41:00 AM »

Choosing.

That's it. Right there.

Own. It.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #682 on: February 09, 2016, 12:57:00 PM »

Choosing.

That's it. Right there.

Own. It.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #681 on: February 09, 2016, 11:51:00 AM »

Choosing.

That's it. Right there.

Own. It.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #680 on: February 09, 2016, 09:47:00 AM »

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2016, 12:16:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: traumagnet
I wrote this this afternoon after reading the post from a fellow quitter that made me think about my "habits" that have been formed over years of addiction. It is quite amazing how many little things all of us do that had we never used smokeless tobacco, maybe we would not have, I love these quirks and they remind me daily that I am not healed.

Ode to the “tap”

I have confessed to being an addict,
Many days ago I started my path to freedom.
Lots of life has come and gone since,
Yet some of the habits still make me look dumb.

Without fail every time I lace up my boots,
I stand up and then tap on my left pocket.
I instantly recognize that habitual motion,
That is the verification check for Copenhagen rocket.

I hate that I still do this I really do,
So I made a choice nearly two years ago.
Now in that pocket I place my HOF coin,
Which reminds me of what I now know.

I donÂ’t let addiction run or ruin my life,
Years of bad decisions that I canÂ’t change.
So today just like yesterday I make a promise,
That today I am quit and from tobacco I estrange.
Love :wub:
Thanks
'BanDog' or 'chief' cant remember which you prefer...hahaah nice read Pinched took a spell before I quit doing the tap...
Wow! I really like that! It hits home, thanks for sharing.
keep bringing it- masterpiece once again! love it.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!