Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 15452 times)

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction
« Reply #542 on: December 31, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »
Another New Years Eve, QLF. I love the quit life. 3 years ago I was pounding down Grizzly wintergreen like it was going out of style. I hated it thoroughly..... BUT I thought I needed it to live.

What a fool I was. Found this place on day 4 and never looked back. Many quit attempts prior to this one but they were all lacking critical elements. Tools, support, accountability. # critical items that are found in abundance on this site.

If you are thinking about quitting, DO IT. Stop thinking about and just do it.

Happy New Year folks.

Its_Got2Happen

I'm done with chew

« Reply #541 on: October 01, 2015, 12:18:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: worktowin
I am pretty damn good at everything I do. I should have no reason to think I cant get good at this someday, too. But right now, I suck. Whaa, whaa, whaa. I am even tired of hearing myself whine.

I went to a fishing show today and hated every minute of it. I usually love it and spend hours there. Watching all these people walking around with a fat dip in, spitter in hand. I should be pitying them, being almost 2 weeks in. Nope, instead I wanted to be them. Not a care in the world. They actually have booths giving away free Kodiac and Grizzly. I usually stock up on that shit. Nope, had to walk on by, with the chatter in my head, talking to myself like fucking rainman.

Just getting nervous because of all the chatter about "wanting to quit for yourself" is the only thing that is gonna make it happen. Well I wanted to quit 12 days ago, right now I don't. Not at all, nope, I want it back. The only reason I am marching on is for others, mostly my wife and children but also the committment I make every morning. If it were just me, I would have caved days ago.

Gonna give it the 100 days, if I am still feeling the way I feel today I will be reconsidering the decision. Life is too short to be miserable. I sure hope you all are right about how great it is when everything gets better and easier and smoother and worth it, etc.
Hey Ryan... This was a post from you around day 16. It seems really appropriate to bring up today, as you are out on opening day of deer season, and celebrating 1,000 days of winning!

1,000 days ago you were a complete mess. Walking around mumbling to yourself, hurting, fighting with Mrs Got2 because of your addiction...today you are free! Thanks for all of your help and friendship over this past 1,000 days. You da man!
Ryan, you have been leading the way for me since I got here, and you were one of the first BAQs to get me feeling the commitment. So awesome for you to get your comma brother!
'oh yeah'
Great stuff on this thread newbs give it a read and see what quitting KTC style is all about.
Ryan, enjoy the hell out of today, and bag some meat.
Thank you. I cannot lie.... IT FEELS PRETTY DAMN GOOD.

Hell yeah!! Killing the can for 1000 days. I want to thank the founders and keepers of this site. Every man and women that dedicates time and effort to themselves and other people on this site deserve the utmost respect. People helping people. I love it. I would have never been able to do it without them. FogCutters..... what can I say, what a great fucking group of people. Salt of the earth. Crazy as all get out, but damn glad to have them in my corner.

Life is so much better without nicotine. Deep down I knew it would be, I just never had the balls and the tools to get the job done. Along the way I learned that the job is never DONE. It is all about the journey, not the destination.

Damn, I remember this post W2W, and I remember that day. It was a dangerous day in my early quit. Read on. I think I was actually planning a day 100 cave. Some members of the site saw straight through my bullshit and called me out immediately.

That is why I love this site. Addicts need accountability, and often brutal truth.

Keep killing it friends. See you tomorrow.

IG2H
Big congrats IG2H. 1,000 is amazing! Thanks for all the support and good luck with those deer. 'Remshot'
Hats off to you my friend! Congrats and be proud! Beers on me! Quit on!
Way to show others how to go from a mess to a success! Congrats on such a huge milestone!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #540 on: October 01, 2015, 11:49:00 AM »
Quote from: KingNothing
I am pretty damn good at everything I do. I should have no reason to think I cant get good at this someday, too. But right now, I suck. Whaa, whaa, whaa. I am even tired of hearing myself whine.

I went to a fishing show today and hated every minute of it. I usually love it and spend hours there. Watching all these people walking around with a fat dip in, spitter in hand. I should be pitying them, being almost 2 weeks in. Nope, instead I wanted to be them. Not a care in the world. They actually have booths giving away free Kodiac and Grizzly. I usually stock up on that shit. Nope, had to walk on by, with the chatter in my head, talking to myself like fucking rainman.

Just getting nervous because of all the chatter about "wanting to quit for yourself" is the only thing that is gonna make it happen. Well I wanted to quit 12 days ago, right now I don't. Not at all, nope, I want it back. The only reason I am marching on is for others, mostly my wife and children but also the committment I make every morning. If it were just me, I would have caved days ago.

Gonna give it the 100 days, if I am still feeling the way I feel today I will be reconsidering the decision. Life is too short to be miserable. I sure hope you all are right about how great it is when everything gets better and easier and smoother and worth it, etc.
Hey Ryan... This was a post from you around day 16. It seems really appropriate to bring up today, as you are out on opening day of deer season, and celebrating 1,000 days of winning!

1,000 days ago you were a complete mess. Walking around mumbling to yourself, hurting, fighting with Mrs Got2 because of your addiction...today you are free! Thanks for all of your help and friendship over this past 1,000 days. You da man!
Ryan, you have been leading the way for me since I got here, and you were one of the first BAQs to get me feeling the commitment. So awesome for you to get your comma brother!
'oh yeah'
Great stuff on this thread newbs give it a read and see what quitting KTC style is all about.

Hell yeah!! Killing the can for 1000 days. I want to thank the founders and keepers of this site. Every man and women that dedicates time and effort to themselves and other people on this site deserve the utmost respect. People helping people. I love it. I would have never been able to do it without them. FogCutters..... what can I say, what a great fucking group of people. Salt of the earth. Crazy as all get out, but damn glad to have them in my corner.

Life is so much better without nicotine. Deep down I knew it would be, I just never had the balls and the tools to get the job done. Along the way I learned that the job is never DONE. It is all about the journey, not the destination.

Damn, I remember this post W2W, and I remember that day. It was a dangerous day in my early quit. Read on. I think I was actually planning a day 100 cave. Some members of the site saw straight through my bullshit and called me out immediately.

That is why I love this site. Addicts need accountability, and often brutal truth.

IG2H
Big congrats IG2H. 1,000 is amazing! Thanks for all the support and good luck with those deer. 'Remshot'
Hats off to you my friend! Congrats and be proud! Beers on me! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #539 on: October 01, 2015, 11:11:00 AM »

'oh yeah'

IG2H
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #538 on: October 01, 2015, 09:37:00 AM »

'oh yeah'

IG2H

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #537 on: October 01, 2015, 07:46:00 AM »

'oh yeah'

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #536 on: October 01, 2015, 05:35:00 AM »

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #535 on: August 15, 2015, 07:27:00 PM »
QLF today. I never thought it would become easy. Today was easy. Had a weird crave though but just laughed at it. No chance I will dip today. There is so much security in my roll post.

Hey newbs... you can do this. Throw that shit in the trash. You do NOT need it.

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
« Reply #534 on: July 26, 2015, 10:06:00 AM »
Camping with the family in Mackinaw city. Just bought a camper. Good times. Packing shit up all morning. Felt like a dip would be real natural. Weird. Felling passed as it always does. Now kids are in bed and I am sitting by fire with a few couples I don't know. Both guys dipping. One dude has 3/4 can of Kodiak in his cheek. Looks like a fucking idiot. But I can't judge...that was me 900 and something days ago. I love me some KTC. Praise the Lord. Hallelujah. QLF all day baby. Fuck dip, fuck nicotine, fuck addiction in general. I win today.
Great win brother! It's amazing how powerful this shit is! After some 900 + days still after you! Quit on my brother! Enjoy your camper. Get a chance tell the fellows how great being free is!
You aren't a fucking idiot.

Enjoy your trip. Post roll. Keep your word.
Awesome to be free from the poison!
GREAT fucking post, and I agree with Work.... you are a totally new person. We all are. This shit feels great. Keep the days rollin' brother, comma right around the corner...

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #533 on: July 26, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »
Camping with the family in Mackinaw city. Just bought a camper. Good times. Packing shit up all morning. Felt like a dip would be real natural. Weird. Felling passed as it always does. Now kids are in bed and I am sitting by fire with a few couples I don't know. Both guys dipping. One dude has 3/4 can of Kodiak in his cheek. Looks like a fucking idiot. But I can't judge...that was me 900 and something days ago. I love me some KTC. Praise the Lord. Hallelujah. QLF all day baby. Fuck dip, fuck nicotine, fuck addiction in general. I win today.
Great win brother! It's amazing how powerful this shit is! After some 900 + days still after you! Quit on my brother! Enjoy your camper. Get a chance tell the fellows how great being free is!

Awesome to be free from the poison!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #532 on: July 26, 2015, 05:20:00 AM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #531 on: July 25, 2015, 11:40:00 PM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #530 on: July 25, 2015, 10:52:00 PM »

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #529 on: June 22, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Every day quit is a win. A big one. But milestones seem particularly sweet! Congratulations on 900 days today. You are a mentor to many of us.

Celebrate freedom today!
Congratulations on 900 consecutive good choices. You have been a great quitter to follow in the trail and your words are always inspiring.
900 days! Comma is just around the corner, congratulations!!!

Offline jalb0127

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-22
« Reply #528 on: June 22, 2015, 09:30:00 AM »
Every day quit is a win. A big one. But milestones seem particularly sweet! Congratulations on 900 days today. You are a mentor to many of us.

Celebrate freedom today!
Greetings all! Day 1 rectifying a mistake made over 20 years ago. Glad to be here and looking forward to the support and meeting others that have come to their senses.