Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 15458 times)

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »
Glad you found us, welcome! There is tons of great reading here, read every single thread. Pretty entertaining as well.

This will get better, I promise.

You got this, we got your back.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
  • Likes Given: 0
Introduction
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
I can't believe I have found this site today. I was about to cave, as always. I have tried to quit so many times before but always failed. A day, a week, a month even. Today is day 4, and it is as miserable as it ever was. All of the adjectives are there: tired, cranky, depressed, irritable, foggy, insomnia, mad, sad, and may other things includiing HOPELESSNESS, but wait.....

then I found this site, and spent many hours here today. I shed many tears today while reading the material on this site. For the 1st time in many years I am feeling something other than HOPELESS, regarding this addiction. I cannot believe the honesty in so many of these posts. It has forced me to take an honest look at myself and at this addiction. It is helpful to see that other people know and understand the pain of my addiction and it is helpful to see that people can be successful at quitting.

Here we go, right now I still cannot think straight, I cannot see straight, I cannot picture what my future will be like without the can, I do not know who I am going to end up being. I woke up this morning saying "I cant do this", "its not worth it", "how can I do it?" At this moment I think I am seeing the answer, 1 DAY AT A TIME!! The only thing that I know FOR SURE is that 20+ years is enough. I have a wife and 4 children, I have so many reasons to quit. Thank you for this site,

Its_Got2Happen