Author Topic: Proud to say I will be a quitter  (Read 17236 times)

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Proud to say I will be a quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 01:27:00 AM »
Quote from: rleapline
Quote from: SirDerek
Well a special nail in the coffin today, as the 72 hours for the nicotene should now be out of my system has passed. Now its just the mind games.

And looking to a busy weekend as coaching son's 10U baseball team in tounament play with 2 games each on Sat  Sun. Bring on the seeds....
not to be negative but days 4 through 8 were the worst withdrawals for me.
Stay focused and don't let your guard down for one min.
Your not outta the woods yet by far.
Quit for today with you brother.
Yes, one of my worst days came after day 4 as well. Gotta tough it out brother. Eat those seeds too! I know I did. Stay quit brother.

Offline rleapline

• Quitter
  • Interests: Archery
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 12:44:00 AM »
Well a special nail in the coffin today, as the 72 hours for the nicotene should now be out of my system has passed. Now its just the mind games.

And looking to a busy weekend as coaching son's 10U baseball team in tounament play with 2 games each on Sat  Sun. Bring on the seeds....
not to be negative but days 4 through 8 were the worst withdrawals for me.
Stay focused and don't let your guard down for one min.
Your not outta the woods yet by far.
Quit for today with you brother.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 11:47:00 PM »

Great job. Stay strong and stay quit. And remember the key to coaching all youth sports...second place is for the first loser. Wait...uh, that doesn't sound right now that I think about it...

Seriously...good luck to the kids, stay strong to you.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 02:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Great job posting roll and great day 3. Withdrawal will soon be done. Then comes the mind games of kick the nic bitch in the groin daily. Quit and focus 1 day at a time.
This is a wise sherpa.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
Great job posting roll and great day 3. Withdrawal will soon be done. Then comes the mind games of kick the nic bitch in the groin daily. Quit and focus 1 day at a time.

Offline lhelms12

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Football
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »
Derek,

Congratulations on your decision. I know it was the best decision that I have ever made. I would say making the attempt is half the battle, but the battle is not over. Most of the physical symptoms that you will experience and read about occur during the first 3-4 days. The fog may linger a little longer and then come and go for a while. I haven't really had any fog since about the second week of my quit, but every quitter is different. I notice that you said it would be good for your family, and I completely understand that, but everytime you have a crave or are thinking about the Nic Bitch, it is important to remember that ultimately you are quitting for yourself. It is hard to quit and be serious about quitting unless you understand that the quit is for you and no one else. You are almost there man! Get over those first 3-4 days and then the nicotine will have been nearly out of your body. Then the second uphill battle will begin. That is the mental battle and it will stick for the remainder of your life. We are all addicts and it is also important to remember that. Many vets come back to the site after they thought they could have just one. They think they are too good for this website and do not need it anymore. Well they will be back at day 1. Knowing this you can look back and be glad you aren't at day 1 as well. Keep reading... read everything on this website. Drink tons of water. And get exercise...everytime you get a crave, do some sort of exercise. Lastly, is our daily posting, which I see that you have already done. If you post early every day and can keep your word, which I believe you can, how could you not stay quit? Derek, I'll quit with you on the fourth. On a side note and you may already know this, but try to stay away from triggers like alcohol, until you get safely into your quit. Alcohol brings alot of newbies back to day 1. Helms
Can't is the cancer of happening.

Quit Date - 05/13/2012 5:30PM

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
Proud to say I will be a quitter
« on: July 04, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
Well, never thought I would ever hear me say that about myself for anything that I would be involved in, but this is for certain and must be.

Last week I started to wind down the use, and then on July 2nd threw the last into the toilet and flushed, and threw out the can.

Do have the fog right now, and all the other feelings but know I will make this and be done with it.

So far the Hooch substitute, seeds, candy, gum have all been working nicely, though I do know I got a long way to go.

Thanks for listening and all the help I have read from everyone. This will definately end with positives for myself, my wife,  2 sons.