Author Topic: My good cave  (Read 19581 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: My good cave
« Reply #549 on: December 19, 2015, 10:57:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: rdad
I've mentioned in the past that I have a lot of family that have had cancer. Well just this week I had a malignant melanoma removed from my back. My dermatologist knows my family history and told me we must have a really bad gene and he wants to see me twice a year. Reading through the material he gave me on skin cancer it specifically identifies that shit I put in my mouth for decades as A major cause of SCC the 2nd most common skin cancer. I knew the risk and chose to roll the dice. But once I was addicted the game changed, I lost that freedom to choose or at least the choice became more difficult. Thanks to this site, my brothers of quit and so many of you I'm winning odaat.
Thank you.
WT
Did they get it early WT? I know all about melanoma. It took my Dad away when he was only 48. He didn't get it looked at till it was too late. Very survivable if caught early. Thanks for sharing.
Hang in there friend, you are on the right path so lets let the angels watch over you through this time and into the future. And remember to live and love life no matter what.
Yes they got it all. Melanoma is deadly but 100% curable if caught early. My brother and his daughter are both miraculous stage 4 melanoma survivors. My dermatologist asks me every time I see him if my brother is still living. He had a radical mastectomy and muscles in his upper back removed. Because of the history I do regular self exams and have been going to my dermatologist regularly. Thank you for the prayers.
Prayers headed your way WT
Wt do what you do best, get this done! With you my friend, prayers to you and yours!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #548 on: December 19, 2015, 10:40:00 PM »
I've mentioned in the past that I have a lot of family that have had cancer. Well just this week I had a malignant melanoma removed from my back. My dermatologist knows my family history and told me we must have a really bad gene and he wants to see me twice a year. Reading through the material he gave me on skin cancer it specifically identifies that shit I put in my mouth for decades as A major cause of SCC the 2nd most common skin cancer. I knew the risk and chose to roll the dice. But once I was addicted the game changed, I lost that freedom to choose or at least the choice became more difficult. Thanks to this site, my brothers of quit and so many of you I'm winning odaat.
Thank you.
WT
Did they get it early WT? I know all about melanoma. It took my Dad away when he was only 48. He didn't get it looked at till it was too late. Very survivable if caught early. Thanks for sharing.
Hang in there friend, you are on the right path so lets let the angels watch over you through this time and into the future. And remember to live and love life no matter what.
Yes they got it all. Melanoma is deadly but 100% curable if caught early. My brother and his daughter are both miraculous stage 4 melanoma survivors. My dermatologist asks me every time I see him if my brother is still living. He had a radical mastectomy and muscles in his upper back removed. Because of the history I do regular self exams and have been going to my dermatologist regularly. Thank you for the prayers.
Prayers headed your way WT
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline harry85

« Reply #547 on: December 18, 2015, 09:37:00 PM »
Hi. I'm new here. My name is Harry.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #546 on: December 18, 2015, 08:46:00 PM »
Thank you.
WT
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #545 on: December 18, 2015, 01:59:00 PM »
Thank you.
WT

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #544 on: December 18, 2015, 12:40:00 PM »
Thank you.
WT

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #543 on: December 18, 2015, 04:21:00 AM »
Thank you.
WT

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #542 on: December 07, 2015, 03:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: pab1964
I just found out a friend of mine just diagnosed with stomach cancer. He is on a feeding tube and given less than a year to live. His cancer is definitely caused by DIP! He was a ninja dipper that always swallowed. Damn I hate that shit!! He is my age (late 50's).
ANYONE READING THIS THAT IS STILL USING, STOP!!!
Sorry to hear wt. Prayers to your friend! Sad. Stay quit
Sorry for you and your buddy and his family as well. I pray that he finds peace somehow and that others reading this story take it to heart. Thanks for the share, it definitely serves as a helpful reminder why we come here everyday.
In my prayers also.
I quit with you today.
Rawls 383
Damn. So sad. My prayers as well... Quit the poison!
DAMN, FUCK CANCER. Prayers brother.
Sorry you have to go through this with yet another friend WT. Thoughts are with you today brother.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #541 on: December 07, 2015, 09:37:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
I just found out a friend of mine just diagnosed with stomach cancer. He is on a feeding tube and given less than a year to live. His cancer is definitely caused by DIP! He was a ninja dipper that always swallowed. Damn I hate that shit!! He is my age (late 50's).
Sorry for you and your buddy and his family as well. I pray that he finds peace somehow and that others reading this story take it to heart. Thanks for the share, it definitely serves as a helpful reminder why we come here everyday.
In my prayers also.
I quit with you today.
Rawls 383
DAMN, FUCK CANCER. Prayers brother.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #540 on: December 07, 2015, 09:24:00 AM »
In my prayers also.
I quit with you today.
Rawls 383

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #539 on: December 07, 2015, 12:29:00 AM »
In my prayers also.
I quit with you today.
Rawls 383
I believe.....

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #538 on: December 07, 2015, 12:08:00 AM »
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #537 on: December 06, 2015, 11:41:00 PM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #536 on: December 06, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #535 on: November 16, 2015, 12:36:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
I think it's time to blow a little dust off this intro. Making the decision to use or not isn't a daily occurrence anymore. Very seldom do I ever actually consider the possibility of a dip. The strongest driving force for me when I think about it anymore is that I think about how depressed I was when I first quit. I don't ever want to return to that awful place I was as a dipper. Quitting definitely sucks bad but being quit is a completely different thing it is glorious. The past two years I have spent a lot of my time learning to live life without my addiction. Has a 58-year-old adult it's hard to imagine that I never learned how to cope with the stresses in life. Using nicotine to mask high stress if you're hiding behind the stressful situations was always part of my prequit life. Learning coping skills at my age has been a challenge but I finally feel that I'm doing a good job.
I love this site my friends here all my quit brothers. I could never done it without you. For any new quitters that doubt their ability to quit I promise you that if you follow the plan and stick with it, stay close to your group and post roll daily you can do it.
This is a great update sir.

Today there are some new guys struggling mightily - when the quit begins it is impossible to believe that life can ever be this good.

It can.
It is.

Thanks for the update!
Thank you my good man. It's taking me a long time to figure out what a normal adult life is suppose to be like ,I started dipping at 12 quit at 50 but my friends it is awesome! I actually helped my daughter decorate her Christmas tree today! Why am I sharing that ? That's first time I've ever helped decorate a tree because I was always enjoying my time alone with my dip missing all that time with my kids because I was a selfish son of a bitch! Thanks ktc! One day at a time! Quit on my brother!
What's up old timer? Lol
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."