Author Topic: 72 hours down  (Read 2150 times)

Offline KieranMac17

• Quitter
  • If you can't stop yourself dipping, cancer will.
  • Likes Given: 21
Visiting after the comma
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 09:18:39 AM »
Hey all, been a couple of years but I've been thinking about the page since I joined the comma club in December. I stopped posting but kept up daily WUPPs with my sponsor/accountability partner that I met through here. Sitting at 1,071 this morning and feeling grateful for the help and boost I got in starting my quit from this community. Keep up the good work.
My HOF Speech

If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.

A resolution without a plan is just a wish.

The secret to breaking any bad habit is to find something you love more than the habit - Bryant McGill

Offline Mmardis

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/1/20
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: 72 hours down
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 04:36:35 PM »
Welcome to the June quit group.  Proud to quit with you today.  Several in this group have taken one of those long breaks - mine was a year and a half but now I'm 23 days quit.  To me it is easier this time since i kinda know what to expect - in general how and when cravings will hit, how to mitigate them, know they wont be as hard in time, and what you can/can't do.  Your family, primarily your wife, has a better understanding of what it is going to be like for you to quite - mood swings, sleep loss, etc.  One of the biggest things though, you realize that quitting on your own is harder than it seems. 
Yesterday was practice for quitting today

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 12:12:53 PM »
Hey bud! I'm a 47 year old, Day 25 quitter from down in South GA. Welcome to the June 2020 Quit Group! Post roll each day, and know that we've got your 6 covered, my friend.

Stay Hard, and Stay Quit, ODAAT (One Day At A Time).
GS9502, aka Matthew
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 09:53:45 AM »
Hey all, new guy here. I dipped my last dip on 3/19/20 and am 72 hours clean.

I'm more tired and irritable than usual but I'm also locked down because of COVID 19 so I'm sure that contributes. I could go out and buy more dip but this is the best excuse I've had to stay away from that evil since I started up again almost 3 years ago.

I'm a 41yo Baltimore ship captain with a wife and two kids aged 5 and under and I want to see them grow up. I've quit before (well, maybe you'd consider it a long break since I started back up again on July 4, 2017, when I drove a very stressful fireworks cruise and gave in to a "one time thing" that turned into nearly 3 years) and I want this to be the end of it, but it's really hard right now. Figured I'd get some support from those who've been down the road already.

Anyhow, thanks in advance. I appreciate what you do here.

Welcome @KieranMac17 . Here is the link to you June quit group https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16357 . Go post roll and make your promise to stay nic free for the day. Keep your promise and then repeat the process the following day. Make some relationships on the site but only exchange digits through messages and not on the forum or here in the Intro section. I am from Ellicott City so right down the street. You rally can do this and we are here to help. Check your messages as I have sent you my digits.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:52:22 AM by Keith0617 »
Jan19

Offline KieranMac17

• Quitter
  • If you can't stop yourself dipping, cancer will.
  • Likes Given: 21
72 hours down
« on: March 23, 2020, 09:24:50 AM »
Hey all, new guy here. I dipped my last dip on 3/19/20 and am 72 hours clean.

I'm more tired and irritable than usual but I'm also locked down because of COVID 19 so I'm sure that contributes. I could go out and buy more dip but this is the best excuse I've had to stay away from that evil since I started up again almost 3 years ago.

I'm a 41yo Baltimore ship captain with a wife and two kids aged 5 and under and I want to see them grow up. I've quit before (well, maybe you'd consider it a long break since I started back up again on July 4, 2017, when I drove a very stressful fireworks cruise and gave in to a "one time thing" that turned into nearly 3 years) and I want this to be the end of it, but it's really hard right now. Figured I'd get some support from those who've been down the road already.

Anyhow, thanks in advance. I appreciate what you do here.
My HOF Speech

If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.

A resolution without a plan is just a wish.

The secret to breaking any bad habit is to find something you love more than the habit - Bryant McGill