Author Topic: 61 Days of ODAAT  (Read 1529 times)

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 379
Re: 61 Days of ODAAT
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 06:57:18 PM »
Well EV, you posted 150 today and I must say you have really made a positive difference in the KTC world. Thanks for posting here. It means a lot to see a Discord born quitter here on the forum. This area is where I blogged out my days early on KTC. The responses and support I got made all the difference. Now working on your questions, I am back here too refresh my memory(ies). I am proud to be QUIT with you, Brother. Thanks!
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
Re: 61 Days of ODAAT
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 10:18:06 AM »
Hello all,

I am EV from May 2023 quit group and am on Day 61. I decided to branch out and join the forums in an on-going attempt to dig the deepest "quit-hole" imaginable.

After reading the article written by WildIrish it made a lot of sense to me to utilize this method to protect my fragile quit. 17 years of tobacco use, first pinch of the "Nic Bitch" at the age of 16. I mingled in Cigarettes over the course of this time as well. The nic bitch coddled my balls for years during some of the toughest moments of my life, but now I realize how weak that was, and it was not helping, only hurting. It has been a battle to get to this point and would never have been able to make it this far without KTC, and the support here/taking it One Day at a Time. This place is special, I say that all the time. I have spent hours talking to members here...KodiakDeath, BMC, Nick-O, Halides, Uncle Rico, MNxEngineer, and so many others I can't even list them all out.

Nicotine had me in its grasp, it was taking my money, health and had stolen my freedom. It caused me to have little emotional control and treat the people I care about the most like shit. I grew tired of it one day and on a whim, I spit out the last little pinch I had scrounged up and in a very anti-climactic fashion just tossed my cans and got quit. It was no fancy story, no epiphany I was just DONE and got rid of the crap. Thats what you need to do just get rid of it right now, tomorrow is never going to come and yesterday was too late. Do it now.

Being off this shit is the greatest decisions a person can ever make. I am in a funk right now battling and embracing the suck. If you're a Guest reading my entry, spit that dip out and join us. Dig your quit-hole, make some brothers/sisters in quit. Nobody is going to be able to quit for you or hold your hand, but we will quit WITH you. Just for today. ODAAT.
Glad you are here @EV. Keep doing what you are doing and let those days add up. Shoot me a message if you want to exchange digits. I always enjoy a conversation with another quitter. Proud to quit with you today.
Jan19

Offline EV

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/30/2023
  • Likes Given: 16
61 Days of ODAAT
« on: March 31, 2023, 03:51:30 PM »
Hello all,

I am EV from May 2023 quit group and am on Day 61. I decided to branch out and join the forums in an on-going attempt to dig the deepest "quit-hole" imaginable.

After reading the article written by WildIrish it made a lot of sense to me to utilize this method to protect my fragile quit. 17 years of tobacco use, first pinch of the "Nic Bitch" at the age of 16. I mingled in Cigarettes over the course of this time as well. The nic bitch coddled my balls for years during some of the toughest moments of my life, but now I realize how weak that was, and it was not helping, only hurting. It has been a battle to get to this point and would never have been able to make it this far without KTC, and the support here/taking it One Day at a Time. This place is special, I say that all the time. I have spent hours talking to members here...KodiakDeath, BMC, Nick-O, Halides, Uncle Rico, MNxEngineer, and so many others I can't even list them all out.

Nicotine had me in its grasp, it was taking my money, health and had stolen my freedom. It caused me to have little emotional control and treat the people I care about the most like shit. I grew tired of it one day and on a whim, I spit out the last little pinch I had scrounged up and in a very anti-climactic fashion just tossed my cans and got quit. It was no fancy story, no epiphany I was just DONE and got rid of the crap. Thats what you need to do just get rid of it right now, tomorrow is never going to come and yesterday was too late. Do it now.

Being off this shit is the greatest decisions a person can ever make. I am in a funk right now battling and embracing the suck. If you're a Guest reading my entry, spit that dip out and join us. Dig your quit-hole, make some brothers/sisters in quit. Nobody is going to be able to quit for you or hold your hand, but we will quit WITH you. Just for today. ODAAT.
"Quit for today. Fuck tomorrow we will worry about that when it gets here."