Author Topic: Day 2!?!  (Read 681 times)

Offline Freeme2012

• Interests: saltwater.....- inshore fishing / fly fishing / spearfishing- surfing / paddle boarding- boatingSandbar with the family and friends.wood working / carpentryMy job
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 2!?!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »
Hi Chief,

I'm down the road from you in MHC. Get up with me if you'd like. I'm 3 days in and on to the fourth and wishing you the best in your Quit!

FM

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
Quote from: Buddy
Quote from: OBXchief
After 35 years, day 1 went good with family around. Day 2 is a different story, everyone here has a can, so sunflower seeds.
Welcome Chief, PM me if you would like. One Day at a time is the approach. Today I quit with you...
Ditto here. PM me if you need anything.
I know it sucks right now, but it will get better.
You can do this! You are quit!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Buddy Mac

• Quitter
  • Interests: My two daughters and wife, watching all sports, playing golf
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 09:09:00 AM »
After 35 years, day 1 went good with family around. Day 2 is a different story, everyone here has a can, so sunflower seeds.
Welcome Chief, PM me if you would like. One Day at a time is the approach. Today I quit with you...
Buddy Mac

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:55:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
OBX triggers are everywhere, you will find over time that you can do all kinds of things without a dip that you never knew was possible to do without a dip. See you haven't been by to post roll go to the welcome center at the top of the page and follow the directions for posting roll. You will be in August quit group. Start working on a support group of contacts to fall back on when you need that extra boost. Pm me if you'd like my digits.
This first week or so will definitely suck, you will see a lot "embrace the suck" as time passes this concept will become more clear, I now really love the pain I encountered I also find that when I become complacent I get little reminders to wake me up to the fact that I'm a fricking addict.
Post roll, read, keep your word and repeat!
Great choice to take your life back and quit!!!

Make this quit for you and no one else ...... (nobody forced you to chew :huh: )

Post roll everyday stay quit that day and repeat in the morning!

Stay active on this site and great things can and do happen!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:50:00 AM »
OBX triggers are everywhere, you will find over time that you can do all kinds of things without a dip that you never knew was possible to do without a dip. See you haven't been by to post roll go to the welcome center at the top of the page and follow the directions for posting roll. You will be in August quit group. Start working on a support group of contacts to fall back on when you need that extra boost. Pm me if you'd like my digits.
This first week or so will definitely suck, you will see a lot "embrace the suck" as time passes this concept will become more clear, I now really love the pain I encountered I also find that when I become complacent I get little reminders to wake me up to the fact that I'm a fricking addict.
Post roll, read, keep your word and repeat!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
Chief,

Hopefully your family respects your decision to quit. Just know that every single person on this site congratulates your choice. Read as much as you can, get to know as many people as you can, post roll everyday. It's an easy system, it's just the craves and mind games that make it tough. Nic is tough, you are tougher.

Today, i'm quit with you.

Offline OBXchief

• Quitter
  • Interests: Time with my FAMILY,Days on the Harley,Good food and beer by the pool.
Day 2!?!
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »
Paul C Bertsch
US Navy Retired 1987-2008

Quit 01 May, 2012