Author Topic: hello  (Read 631 times)

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: hello
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 08:47:00 AM »
JeffR,

Welcome to the group.

The main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

Next, you will learn to distract your attention from your desire for a dip to anything else that interests you. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially in your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you can not focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges so squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 765

Offline BDunn

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 09:36:00 PM »
Quote from: cday14
Hi Jeff,

I have had the same feelings that you have. I want to quit but keep coming right back to it and IÂ’m not a very open person so posting online wasnÂ’t really something I was willing to do. Although, IÂ’m just starting out IÂ’m willing to do whatever I had to to kick this crap. Everything IÂ’ve done in the past has been a bust so I wanted to learn from those who understand. My wife can yell at me all day long but she doesnÂ’t get it. Not only are people here understanding, they are willing to help with a long term goal. I wish you luck sir!
Good Evening Noobs.
Just a short while ago I was just like you (141 days to be exact) I was searching google for answers, for help. I dipped a can of Cope a day for at least 15 years, and have messed around with chew and dip for more than 20. I can confidently tell you, that you can quit. I was the biggest addict ever, so I know you can do it. Please quit, guys! I want to see you succeed. Feel free to PM me if you have question about quitting.

Offline cday14

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-10-14
  • Interests: Archery, bowhunting and bodybuilding
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 08:08:00 PM »
Hi Jeff,

I have had the same feelings that you have. I want to quit but keep coming right back to it and IÂ’m not a very open person so posting online wasnÂ’t really something I was willing to do. Although, IÂ’m just starting out IÂ’m willing to do whatever I had to to kick this crap. Everything IÂ’ve done in the past has been a bust so I wanted to learn from those who understand. My wife can yell at me all day long but she doesnÂ’t get it. Not only are people here understanding, they are willing to help with a long term goal. I wish you luck sir!

Offline Brick

• I'm the sensitive one
  • Quit Pro
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y.
  • Quit Date: Oct 12, 2017
  • Interests: Being outside with my dog and kids
  • Likes Given: 100
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 10:58:00 AM »
Jeff,

Welcome. Obviously, I'm pretty new to this myself but I can tell you there are guys here ready to help. I'm on day 5 and have heard from several. Good luck, feel free to message me if you need anything.
Smallberries is my dad.

Offline Jeff R

• Quitter
hello
« on: October 16, 2017, 12:19:00 AM »
So i've seen this page in google searches a bunch in all my attempts to quit. i didn't think it was for me because i don't like posting stuff on the web but i've had no luck doing it my way and im at my end with this stuff. Reading through this site in the past i was impressed by the peoples success and i was envious but i've always been stubborn to do it anyway but my way. well, i don't know what else to do so im here. I'll read up and do what y'all say if that means i dont have to be enslaved by tobacco for the rest of my life.

jeff