• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Humbled
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 11:39:00 AM »
Quote from: FinecutAddict
This is my first time on here since November 09. I was a member of July 09 quit group. I was quit from April to November 09. Wrote a nice HOF speech. I lapsed big time and have been chewing hard ever since. I am making the step today to quit for a lifetime. July 24 will be my first day quit. The level of accountability is without limits if you work this program. I have no excuse other than putting a big pinch in last November and having this addiction ravage my health again. I'm back in. If any of my July 09 brothers want to touch base with me, please do so. I won't occupy space in your quit group unless invited.
Mike Jones, Williamsport, PA
I've yet to see your name posted on roll. When are you planning to do that as well as make it known to October that you are a former member who caved? Also, tell yuo right now - although I am sure you already know - that you better be able to explain how this is going to end differently as well as having a plan in place...your October brothers are startign to get their feet under them...don't drag them backwards...
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »
Quote from: RWM
I dipped at 5:30 this morning.  Flushed the can around 6:00.  Whatever day I should call my quit I will.  I am done and starting my program.  Thanks for quick replies.  Back to the fake mint herbal blends.
If you are quit and post roll today, then today is day 1. You know how it works, so prove that you will keep your word this time. You might also think about sharing why you were stupid enough to cave after 100 days. Lots of newbies will see your post and fear will set in. What made you cave, why is this time different?

Welcome back - make it the last time you are "back".

I'll quit with FinecutAddict today. Post and be quit.
that's my fear FCA so let us know what sent you back to the can so we can learn from your mistake.

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »
I dipped at 5:30 this morning. Flushed the can around 6:00. Whatever day I should call my quit I will. I am done and starting my program. Thanks for quick replies. Back to the fake mint herbal blends.
If you are quit and post roll today, then today is day 1. You know how it works, so prove that you will keep your word this time. You might also think about sharing why you were stupid enough to cave after 100 days. Lots of newbies will see your post and fear will set in. What made you cave, why is this time different?

Welcome back - make it the last time you are "back".

I'll quit with FinecutAddict today. Post and be quit.
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline FinecutAddict

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
I dipped at 5:30 this morning. Flushed the can around 6:00. Whatever day I should call my quit I will. I am done and starting my program. Thanks for quick replies. Back to the fake mint herbal blends.

Offline tberge3

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »
Damn dude, how can you make it that long without nic and go back to it like that. That's my biggest fear for my quit and seeing it happen to someone else makes it worse. How long after you HOF did you quit posting role?

Anyway, welcome. PM me if there is anything I can do to help.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »
No you are not back in. By my solar calendar, today is the 23rd. Why are you waiting until tomorrow?

Offline FinecutAddict

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
This is my first time on here since November 09. I was a member of July 09 quit group. I was quit from April to November 09. Wrote a nice HOF speech. I lapsed big time and have been chewing hard ever since. I am making the step today to quit for a lifetime. July 24 will be my first day quit. The level of accountability is without limits if you work this program. I have no excuse other than putting a big pinch in last November and having this addiction ravage my health again. I'm back in. If any of my July 09 brothers want to touch base with me, please do so. I won't occupy space in your quit group unless invited.
Mike Jones, Williamsport, PA

Offline ScooterScum

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: My Wife, Kids, Dirt Bike Riding, Golf, Football, Baseball, Camping, Fishing
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »
Welcome Finecut!!! Glad to have you on board, and I promise I was not poking fun at you over in July!! I was laughing at my own stupid self!!!

Here are some links that may help...

Your quit group is July 09... here ....

index.php?showtopic=2251

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Roll call, why we do it your word by LOOT.

index.php?showtopic=120

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

A how to get started by Remy:

index.php?showtopic=1360

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=+

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like THIS
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box
Step 6 - Click your mouse in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Past the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Step 9 - Go back to the 1st unread post, pat yourself on the back, and have a beer cause you will not be dipping today.

If you need anything else, give me a shout.
If it wasn't for Physics and Law Enforcement!
I would be UNSTOPPABLE!!!
HOF 3/08/09
23rd Floor 3/17/15

Offline coloradopomy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Flying, fishing and f...finding new ways everyday to stay away from my BFF Big-O-Fatty.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 09:47:00 AM »
I dont know if this will help for you FineCut, but it sure helped me. When I was ready to quit, I told everyone I knew. I asked for their prayers, their support, and their forgiveness up front, because I knew I would need all of it. And then I did the most important thing I could do, I joined this site to be with other quitters.

I dont post a lot, but when I am having a tough go at it, there is always ample information provided on this site from some low life quitter (like myself) to get me over or through whatever has got me miffed.

Dean said it best, you are gonna die, WE are gonna die, if we give in and keep putting that disease in our body. At 39, I say fuck no, not the way I wanna go outta this world.

You are just like the rest of us: we have been telling ourselves for years we need to quit. Well fucking congratulations, that moment has arrived. Welcome to the quit club. Now go hug your daughter and tell her she can be proud of her dad cuz his breath no longer smells like a dog shit a mint tree.

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 09:22:00 AM »
It's real simple: If you want to beat it, you'll beat it. (I tell that to myself every day.) Figure out WHY you want to beat it, discover more reasons for wanting it, and then struggle with the quit.

But wanting it is key. If you don't want to quit, you won't. You'll cave every four days, ad infinitum.

Ask yourself if you want to die. Ask yourself if you want your daughter to kiss her dying father. "Bye bye, daddy." Get it? You're gonna DIE, bro. Your daughter is going to get a stepfather, you dig?

Offline FinecutAddict

• Quitter
Humbled
« on: April 20, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »
The guys who jumped my case tonight in the chat I thank. My original quit date was 4/12 and I caved on 4/18. My quit is something I need to do for myself and my family. I almost blew this whole quit off but I realize I am going to kill myself if I don't change.
I been in love with skoal for 25 years. I've let myself be helpless to its pull. It started with feeling "cool" and enjoying the rush and has ended with me watching my gums shrink, having my daughter ask why my breath always stinks, and coughing up the nastiest of shit.
It sucks being a chew junkie but that is what I have become and I look forward to beating this addiction. I've gotten some great advice and its time to put it in action.