Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 40341 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2022, 07:35:10 PM »
When is enough enough? You are taking a action daily to end your life. If you had a friend addicted to drugs wouldn’t you ask them to seek help? We are all addicted to a drug on this site, nicotine. We are addicts. That will never change. However, by joining us and taking steps to safe your life vs shortening it, you too can take back control of your life. It will suck for a while , but nothing important comes easy. Stop playing a game with your life and start saving it. There are 1000’s of quitters on KTC that prove the system works. Start saving your life. To do so, click on the Discord header, 3rd from the right, on the top of the page. Hope to see you posting soon.

Here is the link to start saving yourself instead of killing yourself. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2022, 09:31:31 AM »
When is enough enough? You are taking a action daily to end your life. If you had a friend addicted to drugs wouldn’t you ask them to seek help? We are all addicted to a drug on this site, nicotine. We are addicts. That will never change. However, by joining us and taking steps to safe your life vs shortening it, you too can take back control of your life. It will suck for a while , but nothing important comes easy. Stop playing a game with your life and start saving it. There are 1000’s of quitters on KTC that prove the system works. Start saving your life. To do so, click on the Discord header, 3rd from the right, on the top of the page. Hope to see you posting soon.
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2022, 11:48:38 AM »
You aren't on the site by accident. You know you need to quit but your addict brain is telling you not to pull the trigger yet. When is the right time? Quitting dip one day at a time is my proudest accomplishment. It is so much easier to do when you have others holding you accountable. Stop trying to quit the same old way that hasn’t worked for you. Take a different approach, so you can expect a different result this time.

Here is the link to take your freedom back https://discord.gg/VnZynUgW. Join us on Discord and stop letting a dead plant in a can control you. Click on the link and start posting your daily promise to stay nicotine free just for the day. Then repeat the following day.
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2022, 11:39:21 AM »
1331 days. It is amazing how much better life is not being a slave to nicotine anymore. I still get the occasional reminder that  my old friend nicotine still wants be back. Funny thing is, i really don’t want dipping being a part of my life again. I will chew a piece of gum or put in a dip of the fake stuff if I really get cravings. But normally, I laugh the urge away. Things have been this way for a good period of time which amazes me. To think you can do an action, dipping, that could kill you for decades, but if you buy into the the program and quit with the help of KTC, the sisterhood, the brotherhood, and the resources the site offers, you can have total freedom, not to mention better health, in a relatively short period of time. I want lie. It sucks really bad for a while. But quitting with others makes it sooooooo much easier. Join us. Aren’t you with it?
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2022, 09:54:31 AM »
You aren't on the site by accident. You know you need to quit but your addict brain is telling you not to pull the trigger yet. When is the right time? Quitting dip one day at a time is my proudest accomplishment. It is so much easier to do when you have others holding you accountable. Stop trying to quit the same old way that hasn’t worked for you. Take a different approach, so you can expect a different result this time.

Here is the link to take your freedom back https://discord.gg/VnZynUgW. Join us on Discord and stop letting a dead plant in a can control you. Click on the link and start posting your daily promise to stay nicotine free just for the day. Then repeat the following day.
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2022, 09:21:28 AM »
You aren't on the site by accident. You know you need to quit but your addict brain is telling you not to pull the trigger yet. When is the right time? Quitting dip one day at a time is my proudest accomplishment. It is so much easier to do when you have others holding you accountable and you are holding them accountable as well. Stop trying to quit the same old way that hasn’t worked for you. Take a different approach so you can expect a different result this time.

Here is the link to take your freedom back https://discord.gg/DBvcFxTq. Join us on Discord and stop letting a dead plant in a can control you. Click on the link and start posting your daily promise to stay nicotine free just for the day. Then repeat the following day.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 11:55:40 AM by Keith0617 »
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2022, 09:32:55 AM »
You aren't on the site by accident. You know you need to quit but your addict brain is telling you not to pull the trigger yet. When is the right time? After you have been diagnosed with cancer?

Here is the link to take your freedom back https://discord.gg/DBvcFxTq. Join us on Discord  and stop letting a dead plant in a can control you. Click on the link and start posting your daily promise to stay nicotine free just for the day. Then repeat the following day. I have never made a decision that I am more proud of.
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2021, 09:43:46 AM »
You aren't on the site by accident. You know you need to quit but your addict brain is telling you not to pull the trigger yet. When is the right time? After you have been diagnosed with cancer?

Here is the link to take your freedom back https://discord.gg/yJfZ4Z7B. Join us on Discord  and stop letting a dead plant in a can control you. Click on the link and start posting your daily promise to stay nicotine free just for the day. Then repeat the following day. I have never made a decision that I am more proud of. Join me.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 07:53:50 PM by Keith0617 »
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2021, 10:55:49 AM »
Crazy - still had a dip dream after 1147 days of being quit. Amazing how part of us never lets go. We are and will always be an addict. Establish a routine that will keep you quit and never become complacent. Stick with the routine so you will always stay quit.
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2021, 06:14:00 PM »
1108 days of not killing myself with nicotine. That’s a little over 3 years. I know I couldn’t have done it without KTC and the accountability from my brothers and sisters that I have met here. I only wish I would have met more in person by now. Highly recommend you take advantage and meet up with fellow quitters at every opportunity.

My son asked me the other day how I felt about making 3 years and I have been giving it a lot of thought. I am extremely proud of making it this far. At the same time, I am extremely humble by posting roll here daily with quitters that are many quit years ahead of me. Their example of posting one day at a time and letting the days add up is something I have really bought into. When I think about it, I hope to live for several more decades. Some might think that makes my 3 years a drop in the bucket. I disagree. What I take from it if I keeping doing the things that way worked for 3 years, why want they continue to work for several more decades? I still struggle from time to time but it is nothing compared to the early days. In fact, I never thought quitting could be this good.

Here are a few parting thoughts. If you are still using nicotine, STOP. Living life nicotine free is so much better that supporting a fat lip and spitting all over the place. Don’t keep putting off a decision that will save your life. If you have made the decision to quit, congratulations. Make your quitting a priority every single day. Wake up and post your promise to stay nicotine free for the day first thing. Develop some relationships with fellow quitters and interact with them on a semi regular basis. Get to know them and let them know you. You want to few quitters in your corner that care as much or more about your quit as you should care about your quit. Never forget we are addicts and nicotine is our drug. One bad decision and you are under her control again. Don’t risk it. Don’t become complacent. If you make your quit a priority first thing everyday, it doesn’t matter how busy the day gets and it frees up your time to spend with the ones that mean the most to you.

Thank you to everyone that has helped get me. I hope you will continue supporting me. 

Keith

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2021, 08:38:09 AM »

Here is the link to take your freedom back https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17163.0. Join the January 2022 quit group and stop letting a dead plant in a can control you. Click on the link and start posting your daily promise to stay nicotine free just for the day. Then repeat the following day. I have never made a decision that I am more proud of. Join me.
Jan19

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2021, 05:46:52 PM »

Here is the link to take your freedom back https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17219.0. Join the December 2021 quit group and stop letting a dead plant in a can control you. Click on the link and start posting your daily promise to stay nicotine free just for the day. Then repeat the following day. I have never made a decision that I am more proud of. Join me.
Keith ain't foolin. The best time to quit was 20 years ago. The next best time to quit is today. Tomorrow never comes.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2021, 10:14:51 AM »
Buy 2 ten packs of Smokey Mountain fake dip and save 20% with code SUMMER20. Saves you around $16 on their website.
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2021, 09:33:32 AM »

Here is the link to take your freedom back https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17219.0. Join the December 2021 quit group and stop letting a dead plant in a can control you. Click on the link and start posting your daily promise to stay nicotine free just for the day. Then repeat the following day. I have never made a decision that I am more proud of. Join me.
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2021, 09:57:10 AM »

Jan19