Author Topic: First Post-Day 14  (Read 283 times)

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: First Post-Day 14
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »
Good to have you here GS.

A few things. We here at KTC are nicotine FREE. Check out the Welcome Center. Here, you will find the premise behind the site: what roll is, how to post it, why we post it, and how it works. Everything you need to know, is here.

Reading is your friend at this site. When you feel those urges, get on here and read. Read a HOF speech, read Words of Wisdom, read in Quit Groups. The more reading you do, the stronger your quit will become.

Roll. Learn how to post it. When you've done this (via the Welcome Center), head on over to the May 2012 quit group here and post your first roll, which should be day (whatever it's been since you've last ingested nicotine). Wake up, and repeat tomorrow. It's that simple. This will continue to be one of the toughest things we all do, but it will undoubtedly make you better as you regain control of your life.

Also, check out the Live Chat room at the top right of the page. You'll have to re-register since it's separate from the forums, but in here you will find many quit brothers at any given time. A great way to meet people and form alliances.

Any questions or comments, write back in here or feel free to PM me or any of the vets you see floating around. I quit with you today!

Crew
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline GradStudent

• Likes Given: 0
First Post-Day 14
« on: February 13, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I have been dipping about 7 years and honestly I loved it more than most things. The thought of quitting was absurd to me because it was a part of who I am. All of my friends dip and it is sort of the thing we all bond around. However, I began to feel like a victim and a captive prisoner of dip. it was intertwined throughout nearly everything in my life. I drive, I put a dip in. I do school work, I put a dip in. I couldn't imagine life without it. BUT I made the decision to give it everything I got and I quit 14 days ago. I have done surprisingly well. I slipped up and smoked a cigarette at a bar last weekend. Definitely hasn't been easy but I have so much enjoyed this new feeling I have not dipping. I feel like I have more energy and I go out and do more because I am not sneaking away to get a dip in. Honestly, it is almost like a new life for me. Dip has been on my mind heavily today and I found this site. I really enjoy the "get your shit together and do it" mentality. Wherever you are on your quitting process, I wish you the best. Let's quit this junk!