Author Topic: 9 days in.....  (Read 554 times)

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 9 days in.....
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Syndrome
Quote from: jake
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: slvrbackgrrla
Thanks all. 5 weeks in but the past few days have felt like the first 3 days. What the fuck! Pissed off at the world.... I know im definitely done with the nic bitch, just seems crazy to be feeling similar to the beginning. Is this normal? can I expect it to be this way again? Ive actuallly not had any issue with the quit previously for weeks, now all of a sudden its back.
yep you are in the roughly 30 day funk. recognize that its just a disruption and will pass. do you communicate with your group members? keep in contact keep close to the site. Maybe documenting your quite more in your thread will help.
5 weeks... And 2 Posts to your name? What am I missing here? Definitely does not use his group much!
man thats what your old pal drome likes to call the face book poster. what ever. good luck. im done here.
Fly-by posting. That's selfish, at best. You're not doing yourself any favors, and you certainly aren't making this site any stronger.

Example of how it SHOULD work:
If you were active in your group, you could have posted that on roll this morning, and had 50 - 100 replies automatically. It would have answered your question and strengthened the quit of EVERY PERSON there because each would be aware of the traps you are navigating.

So, here's my request: How about tomorrow you post roll in your group, and include a truncated version of that question.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 650
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
Thanks all. 5 weeks in but the past few days have felt like the first 3 days. What the fuck! Pissed off at the world.... I know im definitely done with the nic bitch, just seems crazy to be feeling similar to the beginning. Is this normal? can I expect it to be this way again? Ive actuallly not had any issue with the quit previously for weeks, now all of a sudden its back.
yep you are in the roughly 30 day funk. recognize that its just a disruption and will pass. do you communicate with your group members? keep in contact keep close to the site. Maybe documenting your quite more in your thread will help.
5 weeks... And 2 Posts to your name? What am I missing here? Definitely does not use his group much!
man thats what your old pal drome likes to call the face book poster. what ever. good luck. im done here.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 05:55:00 PM »
Holy smokes I remember the name a spell back....aaaa ya didn't see total post count but would have to side with Jake 2 total posts? both in your thread hmmm I guess you are doing it your own way.... we post roll here edd and if we have anything left in the tank we pay it forward and back.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline slvrbackgrrla

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »
That's what I'm talking about! Bro... It's gonna be a bitch for awhile. We got your back though. We know exactly how your gonna feel and what you're gonna go through. We did it... You can to man! If you need any help feel free to pm me. Quit on dude!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »
After 20 years of addiction to dip, 9 days ago woke up and made the decision to quit cold turkey. Man, this addiction is a mother fucker, and the number of times ive considered just a pinch. the more i realize that im done with it. So to all of you out there who have decided to quit and have stuck with it, i salute you in your battle.
Awesome work kicking nic to the curb, and KTC can help you stay quit if you let it. Just remember what a fight your quit has been so far, and know that it gets better, but 1 pinch will bring you right back to day 1! We are nicotine addicts and for us there is no such thing as just 1...

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
Quote from: Keddy
After 20 years of addiction to dip, 9 days ago woke up and made the decision to quit cold turkey. Man, this addiction is a mother fucker, and the number of times ive considered just a pinch. the more i realize that im done with it. So to all of you out there who have decided to quit and have stuck with it, i salute you in your battle.
Sounds like he's quit to me! Excellent decision.

Read all you can on www.killthecan.org
Info is important and powerful.

And, if you haven't already, go to the WELCOME CENTER and read all about posting roll and then go for it.

You're right. It is a battle. But your life is worth the fight!
9 days. Excellent. 9 days of freedom. Smell it, taste it and feel it.

I can hear determination and resolve in your intro. Do what is necessary to keep that strong. Learn your enemy. Read, read and read. Learning you're enemy will help you in your battle. Make no mistake, your enemy knows you my friend. Your enemy will use all it has learned to mislead you if given the chance. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
Sounds like he's quit to me! Excellent decision.

Read all you can on www.killthecan.org
Info is important and powerful.

And, if you haven't already, go to the WELCOME CENTER and read all about posting roll and then go for it.

You're right. It is a battle. But your life is worth the fight!

Offline TSNUS

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, camping, skiing, BBQing
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
Welcome SB, it is a fight worth fighting and a struggle for sure. Reach out and get to know your quit group so you can help each other. Almost a year for me and I still get craves from time to time. Once an addict always an addict, one day at a time.

You need to go here and pledge with your group.

index.php?showtopic=7614
Quit 8/14/12 and taking my life back one day at a time.

If you don?t control what you have access to, what you have access to will control you.

I?m trying to remind myself daily it?s not the absence of conflict that determines whether or not my relationships are healthy. It?s knowing how to handle the conflicts that will arise.

Character is who we are, not who we pretend to be. It's better to be shaped than to be fake.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 09:15:00 AM »
Slv,
Its so fucking worth it....the train came for me today...still a rookie here but it so rocks you are in the right place to stay quit. Dig in fight everyday. We only quit for today around here...ODAAT one day at a time.

Listen learn read read read...around here go to the top of the page to the welcome center get your feet wet. Reach out get numbers you are in the OCT group go post roll that is the single most important act we do here. We wake up everyday and give our promise that we will not use today wake up repeat.

PM me if you need digits
T

MY HOF speech

Offline slvrbackgrrla

9 days in.....
« on: July 24, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »