Author Topic: Day 3  (Read 369 times)

Offline daneman2009

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: September 27th 2018
  • Interests: Hockey, sleeping, overtime.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Day 3
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 10:48:00 AM »
Welcome brother!
Stay quit, stay strong.

KTC is here to help, we are all here to embrace the suck together.

Offline Tonifer

• Quit Pro
  • Go Dawgs!
  • Quit Date: September 25, 2016
  • Interests: Woodworking, Nascar, College Football
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 08:02:00 PM »
Welcome to KTC and the January group. Anything we can do to help just ask. Stay strong and stay quit.
Quit date: September 25, 2016
HOF date: January 2, 2017
Comma date: June 21, 2019

Become as addicted to your quit as you were to nic.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 07:06:00 PM »
Quote from: pjmii
My name's Patrick and I started chewing Copenhagen Long Cut when I was 18 years old working at a golf course. About a year after, I joined the military and was forced to quit during bootcamp; however, once I arrived at my follow on training the first thing I did when I got offbase was to buy a can. This was my first "quit", a total of 3 months. Fast forward through a can-a-day habit for the next 5 or so years, and I quit again. This time was for my wife, my first mistake. I quit for 8 months or so, and let the stresses and resentment lead to buying a can before a golf tournament one day. That can led to another 2 years without even attempting to quit.

This leads us to 10/16/2016, the day I decided enough was enough. I am on day three now without nicotine, and am doing considerably well. I bought about 10 packs of different flavor gums, and any time I feel a craving I browse the site. I know I can do this, I've made it through it before. My challenge will be to never let that "just one dip" happen again.
PJ,
Welcome and congrats on your decision, it sounds like you have some of the terminology down.
Everyone here has tried and failed before but the key to KTC success is posting roll daily and the accountability from your quit group.
Post roll and put that in concrete
ID Spuds

Offline Pjmii

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Day 3
« on: October 19, 2016, 05:26:00 PM »
My name's Patrick and I started chewing Copenhagen Long Cut when I was 18 years old working at a golf course. About a year after, I joined the military and was forced to quit during bootcamp; however, once I arrived at my follow on training the first thing I did when I got offbase was to buy a can. This was my first "quit", a total of 3 months. Fast forward through a can-a-day habit for the next 5 or so years, and I quit again. This time was for my wife, my first mistake. I quit for 8 months or so, and let the stresses and resentment lead to buying a can before a golf tournament one day. That can led to another 2 years without even attempting to quit.

This leads us to 10/16/2016, the day I decided enough was enough. I am on day three now without nicotine, and am doing considerably well. I bought about 10 packs of different flavor gums, and any time I feel a craving I browse the site. I know I can do this, I've made it through it before. My challenge will be to never let that "just one dip" happen again.