Author Topic: And so it begins  (Read 771 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: And so it begins
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
Quote from: JLima
Day 11, I'm finally getting some sleep (albeit a little) and I had my first dip dream already which scared the shit out of me. I even "woke up" in my dream after a night out, and saw that i had a can, opened it and saw there was only 2 pouches left inside of it. It definitely made me feel awful but it helped strengthen my quit when I woke up and realized it was a dream, because I don't want to feel that awful ever in the real world.
Sweet, day 11. Nice.

Looks like the nic bitch realized she is loosing and you are winning. Keep going. I quit with you Lima~Time.

Offline JLima

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 01:34:00 PM »
Day 11, I'm finally getting some sleep (albeit a little) and I had my first dip dream already which scared the shit out of me. I even "woke up" in my dream after a night out, and saw that i had a can, opened it and saw there was only 2 pouches left inside of it. It definitely made me feel awful but it helped strengthen my quit when I woke up and realized it was a dream, because I don't want to feel that awful ever in the real world.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
It is Lima time. Congrats. This is dedicated to all bad ass lima quitters. Me likey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ps249LtFw

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
Mr. Lima congratulations on having a support network that will stand by you thick and thin. You must be a good man.

Mrs. Lima congratulations on having a man that has made the decision to save his life and add years to your time together.

This isn't a one and done folks. This battle goes far beyond any number of days being quit. Take it one day at a time and we'll get there.

-Soul

Offline MrsLimaWannaBe

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 01:18:00 AM »
Gooo Mr.Lima :)

This site is insane, bunch of strong men on a mission.
I'm so crazy proud of you Joejoe!! This will be over before you know it. My man never loses a challenge! And this def is one.

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »
Welcome aboard Lima! Hang tuff you can do this. Proud to be quit with you! nico

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
Damn straight Lima! You are a bad ass!

You got the right attitude, get through today. Exercise helps keep your mind busy as well. I had some serious gym sessions when I first quit.

Need any help drop me a PM for anything.

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
It's Lima time!
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline JLima

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »
Thanks for all the support guys,it's still Day 1, all day I've felt like I just woke up, groggy...I'm trying to keep myself occupied but nothing is getting dip off my mind just yet, I'm just drinking a ton of water and telling myself to just get through this day.

Offline shawnNJ

• Quitter
  • Interests: Four for Four Philly sports guy. Eagles, Phillies, Sixers & Flyers.
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
Hey all,

Ive had this crap in my mouth for 9 yrs, and I'm only 24. I kept telling myself that I'm young and there's no harm in it... I'll quit when I'm a little older and have a family, or whatever excuses I keep telling myself. It's time to quit now. I always made excuses (stressed out, etc) from being in the military, but it's time to stop letting this control me. It's motivating to see you all out there conquering and I can't wait to be successful like you all.
Congrats brother. I can't stress this enough... quit now!!! I started around the same age as you and said the same thing... when i graduate college... when i get a job... when i get married... when i have kids... i kept putting it off unitl the next "milestone". Trust me there will never be a right time to quit.

It's disgusting, expensive and it will kill you. The only reason you do it is because you are an addict. Get the shit out of your mouth now and soon you will realize that. I read on her many times, the only hole that shit is filling is the one its creating.

I'm not going to lie... the next few days for you are going to suck. Suck it up, take it one day at a time and get through it. Once it's behind you, you'll never have to do it again.

Count on the people here. If you need adivce, ask. If you need to freak out and complain, freak out and complain. But depend on your quit brothers and sisters. If you don't let us down, we won't let you down.
WHO ARE WE?
not chewers, BUT PIRATES!
BUT PIRATES!
BUT PIRATES!

Quit June 22, 2011 and every day since.

Offline GrizzlyKills21

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »
Hey all,

Ive had this crap in my mouth for 9 yrs, and I'm only 24. I kept telling myself that I'm young and there's no harm in it... I'll quit when I'm a little older and have a family, or whatever excuses I keep telling myself. It's time to quit now. I always made excuses (stressed out, etc) from being in the military, but it's time to stop letting this control me. It's motivating to see you all out there conquering and I can't wait to be successful like you all.
Look at this quit as a positive lifestyle change. Corny I know, but from quitting chewing you can try to quit other things that harm your body, become more motivated, spend less money, and its just 1 thing of many that you can start to change to become the man/woman you want to be. Since I quit Ive cut down drinking at least to only the weekends, quit smoking weed, and go to the gym regularly. I am 21 and young like yourself and know my time is now to quit.

One quitter always has told me that it doesnt matter how long you quit you will always have the same addiction and it will always be the same. It will only get harder to quit if you wait, so if your having problems to quit now why wait until later? Keep involved on this site, get numbers from other members you open up to, and you will notice a change in your quit. Keep it going and keep the posts up and you'll be on your way.
[/B]
Quit Date-- 06/06/2011 No more gallon jugs full of spit nor the worries of mouth cancer! I'm done with this stuff!

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »

I can't wait to be successful like you all.
Whether you are 1 day or day 554 you ARE just as successful as everyone else. We quit 1 day at a time.
We are both quit today so we are both equally quit.

Offline copenhaten

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »
Welcome to the suck lima!

Offline eafman

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 07:18:00 AM »
My error, Missed his roll call, my eyes apparentl hadn't fully integrated with thought processes yet.

Glad to have you aboard Lima. Hang tough and read these first days. PM me if you need some numbers.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 06:37:00 AM »
Good choice Lima!

One Day at a Time!

PM me if you need anything
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau