Author Topic: I want to quit  (Read 2101 times)

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I want to quit
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: Hanko
This is good stuff! I feel much more energetic. Tonight I will test out my new found energy! Good advice everyone, got me thru, yesterday was tough.
uh oh hide the sheep hankos feelin frisky
Remember kids: "baaaaa" means "no".

Please note that "Honey, would you take the trash out please? Thank you." means "I want you to do dirty shit to me later so we need to decide on a safe word now."

It's all in the interpretation.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
This is good stuff! I feel much more energetic. Tonight I will test out my new found energy! Good advice everyone, got me thru, yesterday was tough.
uh oh hide the sheep hankos feelin frisky
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Hanko

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 08:44:00 AM »
Quote from: ninereasons
Find a nice isolated turnoff on a country road. Roll up the windows. Turn the radio up on some headbanger music, and rip a vocalchord shouting at that nic-daemon to leave you alone, Hanko.

It's completely senseless, but it makes me smile afterward - and you're at what, Day 6. 7 or so? Silliness feels pretty good around that time.

In fact, let me be frank, you're struggling partly because some of your feelings are coming back that nic made you forget about. It's like you've been sitting on your hand, and now it tingles like crazy - but only after the blood starts returning.

Your feelings are more intense, jumbled up. You might just THINK you want a chew. What you really want might be ... well, you're married ... you're no longer sucking saltpeter ... certain interests start to re-awaken. Redirect.
I think what my fellow quit-whore is saying is to take that lovely woman by the hand, lay her down by the fire, and hit that LIKE A CAVEMAN. A good romp with the old lady will do wonders for your quit. Seriously.

Offline j-dub

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2011, 12:27:00 AM »
Quote from: ninereasons
Find a nice isolated turnoff on a country road. Roll up the windows. Turn the radio up on some headbanger music, and rip a vocalchord shouting at that nic-daemon to leave you alone, Hanko.

It's completely senseless, but it makes me smile afterward - and you're at what, Day 6. 7 or so? Silliness feels pretty good around that time.

In fact, let me be frank, you're struggling partly because some of your feelings are coming back that nic made you forget about. It's like you've been sitting on your hand, and now it tingles like crazy - but only after the blood starts returning.

Your feelings are more intense, jumbled up. You might just THINK you want a chew. What you really want might be ... well, you're married ... you're no longer sucking saltpeter ... certain interests start to re-awaken. Redirect.
I'm heading into day 2 myself. day 1....not so bad for me, its day 2 that always fucts me up. get some gum, seeds, fakesnuff. all I have right now is the gum, and seeds and it has helped a lot. also, this site too I just read good luck. Imma quit with you

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
Be careful of the situtions you put yourself in early in your quit. The C stores are a bad idea. Pay at the pump, get your drinks at the grocery store. Trust me there will be days in your future when you can walk throught the checkout lines and just shake your head in disgust, For me that was somewhere around day 250ish. Until then stay away from temptation, build your toolbox.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline rhester03

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »
Good ninereasons, keep it up! Right now I'm fighting urges right and left, literally! Every party store, gas station, and smoke shop I pass is like a magnet pulling me in.
Suck it up Hanko. Pay at the pump and don't go into those other stores. It will soon start to get better. Last week, when I was around the 15 day mark I was in the PX in Balad and the checkout was ringed in Nicotine. I didn't even pay attention to it, and didn't even realize it was there until after I had already left.

Offline ODAAT

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
Good ninereasons, keep it up! Right now I'm fighting urges right and left, literally! Every party store, gas station, and smoke shop I pass is like a magnet pulling me in.
Come on Hanko, let's do this together! Turn that magnet around and it will repel from those gas stations!
My quit told me if I ever leave, it will kill me.

Nicotine owned me for 24 years. I resumed control on Feb. 1, 2011.
HOF Date: 05/11/2011

"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today." -- Mark Twain

Offline Hanko

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
I'm quitting with you Hanko.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
Good advice fellas... Hell yeah!!! 73 hours grizz free! So in a hour I should'nt have any more cravings, I can't wait! I wish... But I am doing much better. I feel more like a quiter with each hour of the day.
'clap'

Nice job hanko,

your through the fire, bring on the head games. You should feel like a quitter because you ARE A QUITTER. The hardest part is deciding to quit, all you gotta do now is stay that way. Stick to your guns, you got this.

sM
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Hanko

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
Good advice fellas... Hell yeah!!! 71 hours grizz free! So in a hour I should'nt have any more cravings, I can't wait! I wish... But I am doing much better. I feel more like a quiter with each hour of the day.

Offline BeerBottleSpittoon

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
Good Job Hank. Keep up the good fight. Go outside and keep yourself busy. That's my plan.

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »
I do feel better! Day 2 coming to a end, cannot say I dont want a chew. I believe its you guys that gave the push I needed to get this far. Today I did kick some nic ass! thats for sure.
attaboy Hank!

The good thing about having the desire there is that it can't sneak up on you--you're less likely to stumble and fall while walking slowly and paying full attention to your footing. Just endure the first few days man, you're winning
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12