Author Topic: Day 2  (Read 27452 times)

Offline INKcogKNEEdough

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 124
Re: Day 2
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2019, 07:28:53 PM »
Day 21 WOOOHOOO 3 WEEKS!  Feeling pretty good.  I must admit though I did not wupp today...and I was on the patio smoking.....a pork shoulder.  I started it last night and today is my day off so I slept as late as I wanted.  The probe alarm went off so I woke up and put the pork shoulder in a cooler...went and pissed and then post.  I hope I didnt make any people mad, but Pulled pork is serious lol.  A shout to all my peeps I appreciate yall having my back for 3 weeks and beyond @SixString @KD2 @JJG009 @chris2alaska @Keith0617 @NurseFarmer @Hunter4life @oldschool @INKcogKNEEdough @Finoc1984 @Tonifer @Judaculla I am quit with yall today.
Nice healthy team of quitters you got there. New quitters should be paying attention to you. You are commited and you are about serious quitting.  Proud of you brother
Couldn’t agree more with Six, you and several of the quitters in January are killing it! None of us need to get cocky, though, cause the nic bitch is very cunning. ODAAT brothers and sisters!
You are killing it. Keep up the great work.
--hof is not the finish line,it's someone giving you a bottle of Water while you keep running more miles.

-I will never post without a comma again....

---turn the avatars into people,and the people into friends....if you can do that you will be well on your way.

Offline Judaculla

• Quitter
  • Interests: God, family, friends and the great outdoors
  • Likes Given: 358
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2019, 03:48:31 PM »
Day 21 WOOOHOOO 3 WEEKS!  Feeling pretty good.  I must admit though I did not wupp today...and I was on the patio smoking.....a pork shoulder.  I started it last night and today is my day off so I slept as late as I wanted.  The probe alarm went off so I woke up and put the pork shoulder in a cooler...went and pissed and then post.  I hope I didnt make any people mad, but Pulled pork is serious lol.  A shout to all my peeps I appreciate yall having my back for 3 weeks and beyond @SixString @KD2 @JJG009 @chris2alaska @Keith0617 @NurseFarmer @Hunter4life @oldschool @INKcogKNEEdough @Finoc1984 @Tonifer @Judaculla I am quit with yall today.
Nice healthy team of quitters you got there. New quitters should be paying attention to you. You are commited and you are about serious quitting.  Proud of you brother
Couldn’t agree more with Six, you and several of the quitters in January are killing it! None of us need to get cocky, though, cause the nic bitch is very cunning. ODAAT brothers and sisters!

Offline SixString

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2019, 01:56:06 PM »

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2019, 01:14:57 PM »
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2019, 09:57:52 PM »
Day 20..Got some decent sleep this morning (nightshift).  We had 3 peeps from the quit group bail this past week ...pretty sad.  Super proud of everyone in my group for quiting ONE DAY AT A TIME.  I learn something everyday by coming to this site...if nothing more I learn about myself and my promise to myself to stay quit everyday.  I also feel the obligation to my quit group to stay quit with them.  No more nic for me, the though actually makes me a bit nauseous.

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2019, 06:32:57 PM »
Day 19, It was a little rough last night during shift...just filled it with seeds and fake chew.  Physically I feel awesome...other than lack of sleep.  I go to sleep just fine...wake up in 3 hours and just toss and turn for the next 3.  I thought my sinuses would have gotten better it has not.  Well and the Dip dreams begin....I have already went into detail with @SixString and @KD2 ...so short story short....I got chased by a can of my dip while in a toss and turn sleep this morning.  Funny shit right...50 year old man running from a little can of dip...to me it seemed like a piranha but never the less just as dumb lol.  Whatever...I am not going back to that shit....ONE DAY AT A TIME.
Quit dreams can be strange... but yours is spectacular.

Keep reaching out to your fellow quitters in the swamp.  Passing support forward strengthens your quit too.

Day 19.  That is bad ass!!!   It will get better.

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2019, 03:53:07 PM »
Day 19, It was a little rough last night during shift...just filled it with seeds and fake chew.  Physically I feel awesome...other than lack of sleep.  I go to sleep just fine...wake up in 3 hours and just toss and turn for the next 3.  I thought my sinuses would have gotten better it has not.  Well and the Dip dreams begin....I have already went into detail with @SixString and @KD2 ...so short story short....I got chased by a can of my dip while in a toss and turn sleep this morning.  Funny shit right...50 year old man running from a little can of dip...to me it seemed like a piranha but never the less just as dumb lol.  Whatever...I am not going back to that shit....ONE DAY AT A TIME.

My HOF Speech

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 480
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2019, 08:20:59 AM »
Day 18..Feeling pretty good.  Some inconsistent sleep the past couple of days...I work 2pm to 10pm..usually get home about 1030 and stay up till about 2am and sleep until around 1030 am.  Lately I have been getting up at 6am.  Today I got up at 6am and had to take an ambien to get back to sleep , because  I have to work night shift (10pm to 6am) tonight.  Maybe it is just this crappy split shift I am on.  A bit disappointing in a couple of Jan 20 group members and super proud of all the others that choose to quit every day.  No Nic today....One day at a time.

I know the feeling. I work rotating shifts. Keep it up bud. You’ll adjust. Proud to be trailing the days behind you!
100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2024
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2019, 09:50:33 PM »
Day 18..Feeling pretty good.  Some inconsistent sleep the past couple of days...I work 2pm to 10pm..usually get home about 1030 and stay up till about 2am and sleep until around 1030 am.  Lately I have been getting up at 6am.  Today I got up at 6am and had to take an ambien to get back to sleep , because  I have to work night shift (10pm to 6am) tonight.  Maybe it is just this crappy split shift I am on.  A bit disappointing in a couple of Jan 20 group members and super proud of all the others that choose to quit every day.  No Nic today....One day at a time.

Remember what I told you. No nic means no stimulant so your body will need rest.
Jan19

Offline Judaculla

• Quitter
  • Interests: God, family, friends and the great outdoors
  • Likes Given: 358
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2019, 09:17:38 PM »
Sleep deprivation is one of the biggest obstacles the quitter has to face. Few things are as demoralizing as sleep deprivation. The KGB actually used it effectively to coerce confessions. I struggled for a few weeks and started using an over the counter sleep aid.  Still use it from time to time. in the end, my circadian clock shifted back. I still sleep 6-7 hours a night, I just get up earlier so I go to bed earlier. Hurts to see a brother struggling with this and I hope you find your new normal soon.
Wise words from Athan, there. Been dealing with sleep issues too and can definitely relate. Ambien is tricky in that consistency in bedtime and arise-time is key to setting you up for a recurring sleep cycle. So I would guess that your split shift may be the source of your current troubles. Some weeks if I can get 4-5 hours per night, it’s a win, where 6-7 is typical. Good luck brother.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2019, 06:30:04 PM »
Sleep deprivation is one of the biggest obstacles the quitter has to face. Few things are as demoralizing as sleep deprivation. The KGB actually used it effectively to coerce confessions. I struggled for a few weeks and started using an over the counter sleep aid.  Still use it from time to time. in the end, my circadian clock shifted back. I still sleep 6-7 hours a night, I just get up earlier so I go to bed earlier. Hurts to see a brother struggling with this and I hope you find your new normal soon.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2019, 04:36:17 PM »

My HOF Speech

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2019, 09:50:17 PM »
Day 17...Feeling pretty good...I guess I was hypersensitive yesterday...I have a very short temper and tolerance for people not serious about their quit and my quit group.  This is the longest I have been without nicotine and tobacco in 33 years.  Thanks to my peeps for the support yall give me everyday.  I do this ONE DAY AT A TIME.

I’m with you on that! I can’t stand to hear that someone caved, and I made it. It’s pissing off to say the least. Look man, I’m on day 4, bout to hit day 5. Fill me in on what you’ve noticed and what I need to look out for. So far, I haven’t seen rage and impatience. Only urges and thoughts. Believe it or not, you’re a role model for me. Stick with it. I’m depending on ya.
I appreciate that @Hunter4life , but you and everyone in this forum who keeps quit every day and battles on against the nic bitch are my role models.  What you are doing right now....reaching out...keep reaching out.  I had 2 blow ups in 17 days...last night and Monday.  Monday was just stupid...I was marinating some steak and I went to the cabinet where the tupperware is, and couldnt find a lid.  So my wife looked for the lid and she looked for the lid and then she told me she couldnt find it...I was like really....I stopped myself (I had to go back to the store) and left without going off on her.  I put in a big fat fake chew and commenced to going apeshit on @SixString .  He just said bring it on and that he hates tupperware lids also lol. 

Last night was more of confusion and someone doubting my commitment to my quit.  Someone came to our quit group that I thought was trolling us in our group, He wouldnt answer questions...dont think he was gonna answer questions...long story short I really got bent, that someone would come into our quit group and troll us.  In the end the mods, administrators and vets took care of us.  Im quit with you bud...for me it is one day at a time, a shit ton of sunflower seeds and smokey mountain fake snuff.

@jsjohnson , I hear you man. I don’t know if it’s too early or not to tell, but I’m having better luck not replacing the dip. In other words, I’ve been eating my own tongue up, so to speak. I’ve left the sunflower seeds alone and haven’t used the fake snuff. I’ve eaten the shit out of some beef jerky though while hunting these last few days. Holla if you need, and I’ll holla if I do. Thanks for the text today. Glad to know we’re on the same page.
Guys, this experience will take you into areas of your life that you should have cleaned up along the way, but just kept hiding in the closet.  I know, I've been there.  Take browse through my Intro.  Most of what you are experiencing, is "normal".  It's a journey.  Embrace it.  Share it.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 480
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2019, 09:41:56 PM »
Day 17...Feeling pretty good...I guess I was hypersensitive yesterday...I have a very short temper and tolerance for people not serious about their quit and my quit group.  This is the longest I have been without nicotine and tobacco in 33 years.  Thanks to my peeps for the support yall give me everyday.  I do this ONE DAY AT A TIME.

I’m with you on that! I can’t stand to hear that someone caved, and I made it. It’s pissing off to say the least. Look man, I’m on day 4, bout to hit day 5. Fill me in on what you’ve noticed and what I need to look out for. So far, I haven’t seen rage and impatience. Only urges and thoughts. Believe it or not, you’re a role model for me. Stick with it. I’m depending on ya.
I appreciate that @Hunter4life , but you and everyone in this forum who keeps quit every day and battles on against the nic bitch are my role models.  What you are doing right now....reaching out...keep reaching out.  I had 2 blow ups in 17 days...last night and Monday.  Monday was just stupid...I was marinating some steak and I went to the cabinet where the tupperware is, and couldnt find a lid.  So my wife looked for the lid and she looked for the lid and then she told me she couldnt find it...I was like really....I stopped myself (I had to go back to the store) and left without going off on her.  I put in a big fat fake chew and commenced to going apeshit on @SixString .  He just said bring it on and that he hates tupperware lids also lol. 

Last night was more of confusion and someone doubting my commitment to my quit.  Someone came to our quit group that I thought was trolling us in our group, He wouldnt answer questions...dont think he was gonna answer questions...long story short I really got bent, that someone would come into our quit group and troll us.  In the end the mods, administrators and vets took care of us.  Im quit with you bud...for me it is one day at a time, a shit ton of sunflower seeds and smokey mountain fake snuff.

@jsjohnson , I hear you man. I don’t know if it’s too early or not to tell, but I’m having better luck not replacing the dip. In other words, I’ve been eating my own tongue up, so to speak. I’ve left the sunflower seeds alone and haven’t used the fake snuff. I’ve eaten the shit out of some beef jerky though while hunting these last few days. Holla if you need, and I’ll holla if I do. Thanks for the text today. Glad to know we’re on the same page.
100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2024
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2019, 08:46:44 PM »

You guys are doing great. Hang in there. It really does get better. But you have to give it time. Celebrate the wins and understand your mind is being rewired right now. Keep reaching out in times of needs and offer support when you can. Hit me up whenever. I love a good talk. I’m proud to quit with you guys.
Jan19