• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
Re: Day 2
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2019, 08:34:52 PM »
Day 17...Feeling pretty good...I guess I was hypersensitive yesterday...I have a very short temper and tolerance for people not serious about their quit and my quit group.  This is the longest I have been without nicotine and tobacco in 33 years.  Thanks to my peeps for the support yall give me everyday.  I do this ONE DAY AT A TIME.

I’m with you on that! I can’t stand to hear that someone caved, and I made it. It’s pissing off to say the least. Look man, I’m on day 4, bout to hit day 5. Fill me in on what you’ve noticed and what I need to look out for. So far, I haven’t seen rage and impatience. Only urges and thoughts. Believe it or not, you’re a role model for me. Stick with it. I’m depending on ya.
I appreciate that @Hunter4life , but you and everyone in this forum who keeps quit every day and battles on against the nic bitch are my role models.  What you are doing right now....reaching out...keep reaching out.  I had 2 blow ups in 17 days...last night and Monday.  Monday was just stupid...I was marinating some steak and I went to the cabinet where the tupperware is, and couldnt find a lid.  So my wife looked for the lid and she looked for the lid and then she told me she couldnt find it...I was like really....I stopped myself (I had to go back to the store) and left without going off on her.  I put in a big fat fake chew and commenced to going apeshit on @SixString .  He just said bring it on and that he hates tupperware lids also lol. 

Last night was more of confusion and someone doubting my commitment to my quit.  Someone came to our quit group that I thought was trolling us in our group, He wouldnt answer questions...dont think he was gonna answer questions...long story short I really got bent, that someone would come into our quit group and troll us.  In the end the mods, administrators and vets took care of us.  Im quit with you bud...for me it is one day at a time, a shit ton of sunflower seeds and smokey mountain fake snuff. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 08:42:47 PM by jsjohnson »
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 480
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »
Day 17...Feeling pretty good...I guess I was hypersensitive yesterday...I have a very short temper and tolerance for people not serious about their quit and my quit group.  This is the longest I have been without nicotine and tobacco in 33 years.  Thanks to my peeps for the support yall give me everyday.  I do this ONE DAY AT A TIME.

I’m with you on that! I can’t stand to hear that someone caved, and I made it. It’s pissing off to say the least. Look man, I’m on day 4, bout to hit day 5. Fill me in on what you’ve noticed and what I need to look out for. So far, I haven’t seen rage and impatience. Only urges and thoughts. Believe it or not, you’re a role model for me. Stick with it. I’m depending on ya.
100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2019, 04:03:53 PM »

Sounds like a normal reaction from a 17 day clean nicotine addict.  You are doing it right John.  Keep at it and keep your support close at hand.  We will be there if you need us.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2019, 11:23:18 AM »

ODAAT is the only way to do this. Rage management does get easier as well. Keep doing what you are doing. 
Jan19

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2019, 09:02:19 AM »

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline oldschool

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 397
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2019, 07:41:30 AM »
I would like to make a public apology to @oldschool  .  I was frustrated by some of the posting going on my Jan 20 group earlier this evening and he text me to trying to give me support.  I text him back talking about another person, but upon rereading the text it looked like I was talking to him.  For that miscommunication I apologize.  @oldschool had been nothing but supportive of me and our Jan 20 quit group from the beginning.  Again I apologize bud, hope you can forgive me.

@jsjohnson  All good.  Thanks John!
The only time you fail, is if you don't try

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2019, 11:58:00 PM »
I would like to make a public apology to @oldschool  .  I was frustrated by some of the posting going on my Jan 20 group earlier this evening and he text me to trying to give me support.  I text him back talking about another person, but upon rereading the text it looked like I was talking to him.  For that miscommunication I apologize.  @oldschool had been nothing but supportive of me and our Jan 20 quit group from the beginning.  Again I apologize bud, hope you can forgive me. 

My HOF Speech

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2019, 12:26:05 AM »
Feeling pretty good today...especially after last night.  I have no desire to hit the can....I do however still have the little urges like after you eat....I took my bike to the dealership today to get an inspection done...I had one of those urges hit me...and I told myself why in the hell would this be an urge...it had always been a hinderance....you cant spit off a motorcycle at 70 mph...I told myself this is a positive and a win...I can now ride without that particular worry.  I did however throw in a lil fake snuff just to satisfy the lip.  A shout out to my peeps in Jan 20 quit group...

JJG009 - 3 Weeks

Finoc1984 - 2 Weeks

Nursefarmer - 2 Weeks

KGO85 - 10 Days

johnnybub - 1 Weeks

Byoo882151 - 1 Weeks"

Good job Peeps....keep on quiting.

My HOF Speech

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2019, 12:10:28 AM »
Day 14...let me say started out great.  It ended badly.  *****DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY HARSH LANGUAGE****

I triggered and I triggered fucking hard.  I had went to the grocery store with my daughter and bought 2 filet's and a ribeye.  I marinate my steaks in meat tenderizer.  So I go to the container cabinet and get a container to marinate the steaks....this is what i text @SixString a few minutes later.....:  Trying to marinate steaks...and cant find the fucking lid to the fucking piece of shit container the meat is in...going here (coming to him with text) and not going off on my wife...and no Im not caving but I got a big fucking wad of fake chew in right now.   My boy Six replies...Send your anger all this way brother.  Fucking lids.   Lol this shit would be comical if you could see it happening.  I told Six...I was having a good day and a fucking Tupperware Lid triggers me of all things.    To add to this the store didnt have the steamable potatoes so I ended up with runny mashed potatoes, and in the middle of cooking steaks my freaking propane grill runs out of propane (thankfully I had a spare in the garage).  Then the day ends with a bang..My father in law calls my wife at 930pm in pain telling her that he is in the er at one of the hospitals near here.  I grab my fake snuff and seeds and head to the hospital.....so I head to the ER and we are at the hospital until about 2am ( he has a 5 mm kidney stone).   

So yea I triggered....and had a bad day...I had my support...had Six not answered..I would had vented on Kd2 or I have a list of peeps I would have blown up on because they care about my quit. 

not one time ....not one time did I think about heading for the can with the fucking nicotine whore....yes I ate my seeds and dipped my fake chew...and vented on my brother Six..but I did not think for a second about caving.
^^^ This. This right here is the definition of someone who is taking his quit fucking serious. VENT AWAY BROTHER. I always got your back. Your commitment says alot about who you are as a quitter. And im damn proud to call you my brother. When we first started talking i told you ill be there for when you need me. Thanks for trusting me. Thanks for letting us create a bond thats becoming more unbreakable everyday. Im not gonna stop reminding you how much you inspire me to be the best damn quitter i can be. Stay strong stay quit. Looking forward to our conversation later today. Sorry to hear about your father in law. Kidney stones suckkkkk
Reading your win here made my day. Your strength to wrangle the reaction to these seemingly small to quite significant events and channel that nic venom out of your system to evaporate is how we build on our existing quit minute by minute. Dig it deep and keep digging little shovel at a time.

Now that we know we’re basically minutes away from each other makes this support we have for each other that much realer! You have a lot of credibility with me...your promise every day is what I look for every morning...JS! Go astros!

Man @KD2 , your words mean alot to me...I strive and quit one day at a time, but I also look at my older quit brothers like you and @SixString and see the inspiration.  If a team ever would want you to go back to the nic bitch it might be the astros.....lol I ate must have ate about 2 bags of seeds on the second game that went 12 innings lol. 

My HOF Speech

Offline KD2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8-31-19
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2019, 11:58:10 PM »
Day 14...let me say started out great.  It ended badly.  *****DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY HARSH LANGUAGE****

I triggered and I triggered fucking hard.  I had went to the grocery store with my daughter and bought 2 filet's and a ribeye.  I marinate my steaks in meat tenderizer.  So I go to the container cabinet and get a container to marinate the steaks....this is what i text @SixString a few minutes later.....:  Trying to marinate steaks...and cant find the fucking lid to the fucking piece of shit container the meat is in...going here (coming to him with text) and not going off on my wife...and no Im not caving but I got a big fucking wad of fake chew in right now.   My boy Six replies...Send your anger all this way brother.  Fucking lids.   Lol this shit would be comical if you could see it happening.  I told Six...I was having a good day and a fucking Tupperware Lid triggers me of all things.    To add to this the store didnt have the steamable potatoes so I ended up with runny mashed potatoes, and in the middle of cooking steaks my freaking propane grill runs out of propane (thankfully I had a spare in the garage).  Then the day ends with a bang..My father in law calls my wife at 930pm in pain telling her that he is in the er at one of the hospitals near here.  I grab my fake snuff and seeds and head to the hospital.....so I head to the ER and we are at the hospital until about 2am ( he has a 5 mm kidney stone).   

So yea I triggered....and had a bad day...I had my support...had Six not answered..I would had vented on Kd2 or I have a list of peeps I would have blown up on because they care about my quit. 

not one time ....not one time did I think about heading for the can with the fucking nicotine whore....yes I ate my seeds and dipped my fake chew...and vented on my brother Six..but I did not think for a second about caving.
^^^ This. This right here is the definition of someone who is taking his quit fucking serious. VENT AWAY BROTHER. I always got your back. Your commitment says alot about who you are as a quitter. And im damn proud to call you my brother. When we first started talking i told you ill be there for when you need me. Thanks for trusting me. Thanks for letting us create a bond thats becoming more unbreakable everyday. Im not gonna stop reminding you how much you inspire me to be the best damn quitter i can be. Stay strong stay quit. Looking forward to our conversation later today. Sorry to hear about your father in law. Kidney stones suckkkkk
Reading your win here made my day. Your strength to wrangle the reaction to these seemingly small to quite significant events and channel that nic venom out of your system to evaporate is how we build on our existing quit minute by minute. Dig it deep and keep digging little shovel at a time.

Now that we know we’re basically minutes away from each other makes this support we have for each other that much realer! You have a lot of credibility with me...your promise every day is what I look for every morning...JS! Go astros!

Offline SixString

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2019, 09:21:03 AM »

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 04:07:26 AM »

My HOF Speech

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2019, 02:49:46 PM »
Had some new firsts...made it through nightshift without wanting it....
If there was ever a crucible of quit...that would be it.  I rolled off of shift work a few years before I rolled off the can.  Now I'm preparing to start it again and I have to be honest here - I shudder to think of the 3 am wall without nicotine.  You're made of stern stuff brother.  Thanks for blazing the trail.  I'll have to ping on you when the time comes.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline SixString

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 12:06:57 PM »
Day 14, Feeling pretty good...had some little urges last night watching the Astros but I just ate a shit ton of seeds and texted with @SixString who has been there every single day for the past 14 days as some others have also been there.  I am still waking up with the attitude I don't need nic today.  I believe my urges are out of habit more than wanting nic.  Had some new firsts...made it through nightshift without wanting it....went to a fall festival with my family without wanting it.  All I can say is finding this site was one of the best things that could have happen too me.  Oh and if you ever click on @Athan signature, pack a lunch....lol these vets could write a book on the quit.
Glad to call you my brother. You inspire to me be the best damn quitter i can possibly be. Its awesome to hear you checking off things that you have done without quit. Really proud of you man. Lets tackle this day and make it our bitch. Congrats on two weeks. Heres a virtual blowjob.
 'bj'

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2019, 11:55:29 AM »
Day 14, Feeling pretty good...had some little urges last night watching the Astros but I just ate a shit ton of seeds and texted with @SixString who has been there every single day for the past 14 days as some others have also been there.  I am still waking up with the attitude I don't need nic today.  I believe my urges are out of habit more than wanting nic.  Had some new firsts...made it through nightshift without wanting it....went to a fall festival with my family without wanting it.  All I can say is finding this site was one of the best things that could have happen too me.  Oh and if you ever click on @Athan signature, pack a lunch....lol these vets could write a book on the quit. 

My HOF Speech