• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 07/01/2021
  • Likes Given: 94
Re: Day #X
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2021, 07:45:01 AM »
181 fuck dip

Dip nightmare:
In work truck with fresh can, and a soda. End up trying to hide it from the other person in truck by spitting into the soda.

Wake up maybe? Then must've fell asleep again and searched for it in the truck. Not able to find it.

Wake up pissed now. Rage/panic because I have to post and admit to it, then again over conducting. It seemed real, even in not finding it the second time.

About 5 to 10minutes of being awake it clears up but fuck that.

181 quit.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2021, 12:09:42 AM »

Its weird. ~160 days ago I joined ktc. When I joined 100 seemed like a long way off. Time flies. Perspective changes.

See you tomorrow.

Dump your cans and quit if you haven't already.

Day 2,293.  Perspective always changes.  Waking up and deciding to quit again tomorrow does not.  I can't wait to post roll again tomorrow.   8)

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2021, 06:16:42 PM »

Its weird. ~160 days ago I joined ktc. When I joined 100 seemed like a long way off. Time flies. Perspective changes.

See you tomorrow.

Dump your cans and quit if you haven't already.

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2021, 11:29:54 PM »
147 Some Random Thoughts (incomplete ones at that)

For a long time I thought I was different (or better) than other addicts(of any drug). Maybe some still[probably equal]. But lets be honest, I've spilled half my Copenhagen on the floor before and knew I didn't want to run to the store the next day or later on. I still put floor found shit in my mouth. At one point if you locked me in a room with copenhagen all over the floor, there would be a point probably after an hour that I would have swept it up and put a lip in. I'd hope I'm a little stronger, but I also not going to let you lock me in a room like that.

I recently noticed that I'm getting more angry/snappy quicker or easier. I think most people get this early on, I've only had it more more recently. I think today I realized that its basically my addict (my pickle) throwing a temper tantrum. Because in X situation I used to feed it dopamine through nicotine/copenhagen, and now I'm telling the stupid pickle to fuck off. I'm not sure why its happening more now than before.

Like I said incomplete thoughts....

Accept you're a pickle and join the rest of us in this jar. There's no better time to quit than right now, this fine Monday, Tuesday, Whenever, Thurfuck. Quit is better than licking poison off a floor.

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2021, 07:04:55 AM »
Reading that over again I should clarify. I turned 30 years old, on day 90. I can't pinpoint a start date but it was around 20, so pretty much 10 years of motor memory.

I think I got away from the fake dip because it reminded me too much of the real stuff. And got rid of my altoids addiction a while back (20 or 30 days).

Think the biggest thing lately has been going into areas for work after a wildfire, and a previous job was in after fires for 16-18 hr days. So yeah, day 91, just checked still a pickle. ;)

its sounds like work is a mild trigger, I know wood cutting and deer season is coming up and something about cooler weather, flannels, saws, and a lip use to be my jam. not all that minus a worthless tin is where i am. it triggers me some but thats why i post roll as soon as i can. always been a man of my word, Its all i got and i pride myself on that. so when i say ill take it 24 hours today i sure as hell am ! take sec by sec if i have to. I know a Guy in april 21 @Treewalker that may be in your line of work, he may be able to help you with how he handles his triggers during those moment on the job. Its not easy but its honest and its something we all have to accept.
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2021, 11:29:56 PM »
Reading that over again I should clarify. I turned 30 years old, on day 90. I can't pinpoint a start date but it was around 20, so pretty much 10 years of motor memory.

I think I got away from the fake dip because it reminded me too much of the real stuff. And got rid of my altoids addiction a while back (20 or 30 days).

Think the biggest thing lately has been going into areas for work after a wildfire, and a previous job was in after fires for 16-18 hr days. So yeah, day 91, just checked still a pickle. ;)

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2021, 10:42:47 PM »
Day 90

Or year 30? Paid money to give a third of my life to tobacco (minus a little). Others started far sooner or used for far longer.
90 days of freedom. Others haven't quit yet or quit a long time ago.

I wish at this point I could tell you it's amazing. I can't, not really.

I started out feeling pretty good. Even after coworkers trying to get rid of some nicotine only shit they bought because of a broken vape. At this point it pisses me off, this morning I just told them I don't want that. Hell, thinking now all I see at work are people looking for their fix.

It pisses me off how much of a hold nicotine still has, 90 days in.
Being offered nicotine only pouches slightly annoyed me. (Ok yes thinking about it now it pisses me off because that coworker knows I quit.)
Getting cravings while being in a burned area pissed me off.

I dunno thought I should write something, maybe it helps someone. Check back in 10 more days maybe I'll have some profound insight at that point.... (Maybe 110, maybe 275).

That's a sorry sumbitch at work that knows you're quit and still offers it to you. Next time take it and run to the shitter and dump it in. My guys that I worked with would not even let me look at their can when I told them I had quit. That's the way it should be done.
@zav3nd you will be surprised how much better things will in another 90 days. Keep following your routine and let the days add up. Reach out if I can help.
@zav3nd
You have to put your years of tobacco use in perspective...
Lets say you used nicotine for ten years.  That's ten years of learned behavior that has to be rewired in your brain to learn to live without nicotine.   Every day without nic is a win.  Every day of freedom is another +1. They keep adding up until the demon in comfortably in the rear view mirror.  Never let your guard down...we are all one bad decision away from a day #1.
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2021, 08:55:00 PM »
Day 90

Or year 30? Paid money to give a third of my life to tobacco (minus a little). Others started far sooner or used for far longer.

I started out feeling pretty good. Even after coworkers trying to get rid of some nicotine only shit they bought because of a broken vape. At this point it pisses me off, this morning I just told them I don't want that. Hell, thinking now all I see at work are people looking for their fix.

Being offered nicotine only pouches slightly annoyed me. (Ok yes thinking about it now it pisses me off because that coworker knows I quit.)

I dunno thought I should write something, maybe it helps someone. Check back in 10 more days maybe I'll have some profound insight at that point.... (Maybe 110, maybe 275).

That's a sorry sumbitch at work that knows you're quit and still offers it to you. Next time take it and run to the shitter and dump it in. My guys that I worked with would not even let me look at their can when I told them I had quit. That's the way it should be done.
@zav3nd you will be surprised how much better things will in another 90 days. Keep following your routine and let the days add up. Reach out if I can help.
Jan19

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2021, 11:12:45 AM »
Day 90

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2021, 07:30:01 AM »
Hell yeah it helps someone. Bolstered my quit this morning - Thanks for blogging it out.
A real bitch move for that slave to try and drag you down with them. It's human nature. Your quit invalidates their choice to use. It is written - darkness hates the light.
Keep stacking those days and knocking them down. It does get better. You're a long way from day 21.
IQWYT
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2021, 12:58:37 AM »
Day 90

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2021, 07:50:16 PM »

A week ago I  had wisdom teeth yanked out. I didn't realize how much I would miss food, but it only takes a couple of days of swallowing without chewing before it gets frustrating. That and sleeping for most of the first 3 days, somehow I managed to get on roll. Didn't much think about the can until I started feeling better. It comes in waves sometimes its hard to not think about the can, other times I forget completely that the can exists. (Even beyond being out of it for 4-5 days).

Two months and some change later without a dip, and I still say "no fuck off" when the thoughts creep in. 20 days ago I was craving dip after I ate, now the craves haven't really been around much but thoughts (or whispers) creep in. Just to remind me I guess, still a pickle.

------

On a side note it is Thursday, the best day of the week to decide to quit.

Pros:
  • No need to buy a can tomorrow morning.
  • No need to buy 2 extra cans on the way home tomorrow afternoon.
  • Easy to make it through a Friday at work on mints and water.
  • Two free days to be an asshole away from work.
  • Ready for work Monday with no nicotine in you.

Cons:

If you're tired of excuses, register, post an intro. And jump into Quitmas you'll be at 100days before Christmas.

Offline emoney

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2021-08-05
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2021, 07:43:50 PM »
Oh look its Thursday again already....

There's 15 of you browsing, maybe you have a dip in, maybe you're here looking, thinking you're quit did everything this site says, but why bother registering, I don't need that I've made it the first 3 days on my own? I've been where you are. Both with a dip in reading around. And without any nicotine but too independent (antisocial, etc.) to register. I made it 7 days on my own then I realized I may as well sign up this time around. I'd had a decently long break on my own before, but a little bit complacent and irritation of people and I walked from the hotel I was in to the gas station across a drainage ditch.

The thing you can't see from where you sit right now is all the people ready to help keep you quit.

Yeah you have to show up every morning and post, big deal. I threw a dip in before I made it off my bed, I now post my day count every morning before making it off my bed. So how bout instead of throwing that next dip in, you throw the can out. Flush it whatever it takes. Register on KTC and get into November and post your promise to not use nicotine for the rest of the day: November Quitters

Then all you have to do is show back up tomorrow morning and post your promise for day 2. And as a bonus, you wont have to buy the extra Friday cans to make it through the weekend. Next week is a moving target, start right now.

This guy is speaking the truth right here. On your own, it’s too easy on say day 16 to give in and put some shit in your lip. Here I am on day 15 with the knowledge that I can’t fuck up and let my group down now. It’s not just me in this fight now.

emoney

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2021, 07:12:13 PM »
Oh look its Thursday again already....

There's 15 of you browsing, maybe you have a dip in, maybe you're here looking, thinking you're quit did everything this site says, but why bother registering, I don't need that I've made it the first 3 days on my own? I've been where you are. Both with a dip in reading around. And without any nicotine but too independent (antisocial, etc.) to register. I made it 7 days on my own then I realized I may as well sign up this time around. I'd had a decently long break on my own before, but a little bit complacent and irritation of people and I walked from the hotel I was in to the gas station across a drainage ditch.

The thing you can't see from where you sit right now is all the people ready to help keep you quit.

Yeah you have to show up every morning and post, big deal. I threw a dip in before I made it off my bed, I now post my day count every morning before making it off my bed. So how bout instead of throwing that next dip in, you throw the can out. Flush it whatever it takes. Register on KTC and get into November and post your promise to not use nicotine for the rest of the day: November Quitters

Then all you have to do is show back up tomorrow morning and post your promise for day 2. And as a bonus, you wont have to buy the extra Friday cans to make it through the weekend. Next week is a moving target, start right now.

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2021, 02:09:25 PM »
Day 49.

Nearly halfway to the 1st 100days. I've thought about updating this a couple times. It just doesn't really feel like anything has changed lately. But looking back at what I've wrote before, I was still in the fog at 21 days. Couldn't really say when, but it feels like I've been free of the fog (mostly) for at least a couple weeks. Still visits every once in a while, but its a few minutes of not being able to think instead of constant.

It feels as though its been a lot longer than ~2months. But sometimes feels like its only been a week or two...

On day 44 I'm pretty sure I had a dip dream, thought about posting about it but there wasn't much to it. Seemed unwarranted to post something I could hardly remember. I know I thought "WTF why would I?" and not sure if that was part of the dream or after waking up. Probably both...

Everything seems better, than it was 50 days ago. Plus there's about 400 dollars I didn't throw away on a can a day.

Oh and that said, still get craves (not surprising), they seem more manageable, and the worst ones are always after eating a meal.
Keep plugging along brother, it keeps getting better and better. Proud to quit with you today.
I agree with Keith. It is going to be an uphill battle but dude keep plugging along. Keep blogging it out as that also had helped me. You will find that many things will go by the wayside and you will forget all about them and you will be amazed to look back. I still to thus day look back at some things that I needed that crap for and now it doesn’t even cross my mind to want it. Matter of fact now I pester my coworker about his use and how disgusting it is. Need anything let me know as my digits are only a pm away and yes I am a huge believer of sharing digits. I never thought I would do that but man that has helped me tremendously. Stay quit, stay strong and God Bless.

Doug