Author Topic: Quit today  (Read 6722 times)

Offline Fmk1221

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Quit today
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2021, 04:13:17 PM »
… Before quiting, I thought getting through work would be impossible. I've found so far that there are some moments at home which are much harder than at work. …

Sunflower seeds are perfect replacement for me. I would always "play" with the dip in my mouth so the cracking of the seeds is right in line with what I need.

Icebreakers sour mints are the tits. …

Overcoming triggers are a major step in crushing this addiction.  I also found several that I didn’t realize would exist, but I attacked them like my overall quit, one trigger at a time.  You are on top of it with seeds, gum, etc.  I used to joke that for the first couple months, I was spending more on these than dip.  BUT, it was necessary and highly effective.  Even now I keep Mento’s mint gum on auto-order with Amazon, chewing these after most meals with packs at home, all cars, office, backpack, storm cellar, etc.  Find what you like and works best, then buy it like ‘90s Amazon stock!

You are going great!  Keep crushing this one crave, one thought, one piece of gum, one day at a time.

Aumegrad 1,165

Thanks brother. I'm already debating on setting up that auto order for these ice breakers mints. I've bought 4 cans in 3 days. Havent finished a single flavor yet but the variety is making them exciting.

Offline Fmk1221

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2021, 04:11:23 PM »
Looking like I'm going to lose my step dad. Gonna be hard on us in the family. I could blame a lot of things but for now let just say fuck covid. Poor man was heavy smoking nic addict for years. I dont feel any danger of slipping from this at this point. It's just reinforcing why I need to quit.

Staying productive today. Worked out hard and cut the grass before work. Had a good breakfast and a good lunch. Feel strong today, feel prepared for the grieving that is coming.

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2021, 01:26:46 PM »
… Before quiting, I thought getting through work would be impossible. I've found so far that there are some moments at home which are much harder than at work. …

Sunflower seeds are perfect replacement for me. I would always "play" with the dip in my mouth so the cracking of the seeds is right in line with what I need.

Icebreakers sour mints are the tits. …

Overcoming triggers are a major step in crushing this addiction.  I also found several that I didn’t realize would exist, but I attacked them like my overall quit, one trigger at a time.  You are on top of it with seeds, gum, etc.  I used to joke that for the first couple months, I was spending more on these than dip.  BUT, it was necessary and highly effective.  Even now I keep Mento’s mint gum on auto-order with Amazon, chewing these after most meals with packs at home, all cars, office, backpack, storm cellar, etc.  Find what you like and works best, then buy it like ‘90s Amazon stock!

You are going great!  Keep crushing this one crave, one thought, one piece of gum, one day at a time.

Aumegrad 1,165
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline Fmk1221

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2021, 10:02:44 PM »
I've gotten things alot more figured out on here now and I'm proud I can truly join in the discussion and support my fellow quitters.

Some of you guys sent me personal messages with your phone numbers and I am sorry to say that I mistakenly deleted all of my first notifications so I lost the messages and who sent them. I do appreciate the outreach however.

Day 2 is coming to a close for me and here are some observations I've made so far:

Before quiting, I thought getting through work would be impossible. I've found so far that there are some moments at home which are much harder than at work.

Rediscovering my love for spicy food has been great despite my burning asshole.

Icebreakers sour mints are the tits.

My drive to avoid cravings has made me workout much harder and enjoy working out more.

Fuck Big Tobacco.

Offline Fmk1221

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 09:53:34 PM »
Hello, I am 34 years old and have been dipping since 13. I have my second kid due in 2 months and I'm getting married next year. I love my family and I want to do this so I can be here as long as possible for them. Havent dipped yet today at all.
Congrats @Fmk1221, one of the best decisions you will ever make.  I too started in my early teens and quit in my late 30’s with a young family.  I was a ninja dipper and couldn’t bear to let my kids see me weak, controlled by a plant.  Follow the protocol on this board, read others experiences, reach out to others, ask questions, if you get angry rage here in this board, just know that you can overcome this.  Focus on one day at a time and don’t worry about tomorrow.  A very wise Man once said this following with ‘each day has enough troubles of its own’.  You can do this, so just do it!

Aumegrad 1,164 and enjoying the good life!

Thanks brother. We are weak no more. It has taken me a tremendous amount of strength to make that post every morning, but once I hit post I know I can do it. The fact that you've done that 1164 times is amazing and I know I will succeed because guys like you have succeeded before me.

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 08:47:56 PM »
Hello, I am 34 years old and have been dipping since 13. I have my second kid due in 2 months and I'm getting married next year. I love my family and I want to do this so I can be here as long as possible for them. Havent dipped yet today at all.
Congrats @Fmk1221, one of the best decisions you will ever make.  I too started in my early teens and quit in my late 30’s with a young family.  I was a ninja dipper and couldn’t bear to let my kids see me weak, controlled by a plant.  Follow the protocol on this board, read others experiences, reach out to others, ask questions, if you get angry rage here in this board, just know that you can overcome this.  Focus on one day at a time and don’t worry about tomorrow.  A very wise Man once said this following with ‘each day has enough troubles of its own’.  You can do this, so just do it!

Aumegrad 1,164 and enjoying the good life!
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 09:50:14 PM »
Welcome my friend!  You've came to the right place to quit.   Glad to see that you posted roll.  Just take it one day at a time.  Need to grab yourself some smokey mountain chew ( herbal, no tobacco or nicotine). Sunflower seeds, gum, tooth picks. Whatever it takes.  If you need anything at all.  Feel free to reach out.  I'm always available. 
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline Fmk1221

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 05:47:56 PM »
Thank you! I'm heading over there now. I'm thick skinned and ready for accountability. Just want this crap out of my life!
Where are you at done@Fmk1221 ?  Post up your promise in the Jan 2022 group then keep your promise.  Lets do this!!!

Offline Fmk1221

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 05:36:54 PM »
I clicked over there and read through the forum but this is confusing af and I dont jk wtf I'm doing. Side note: I hate technology and an limited to using the site in an old smart phone browser.

Offline canofbeans

• Quit Pro
  • (+1 Hidden)
  • Likes Given: 264
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 03:42:58 PM »
Thank you! I'm heading over there now. I'm thick skinned and ready for accountability. Just want this crap out of my life!
Where are you at @Fmk1221 ?  Post up your promise in the Jan 2022 group then keep your promise.  Lets do this!!!
Rebel Rouser (retired)

Offline Fmk1221

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 12:01:29 PM »

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4351
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 11:59:17 AM »
Welcome @Fmk1221! You are in the right place. To be successful in this battle, you must quit for yourself first and foremost. The second thing is you must embrace the process here. We quit 24 hours at a time. Anyone can quit for one day. Head over to the January 2022 group and post roll. Roll is your daily promise not to use nicotine in ANY form over the next 24 hours. We then create accountability networks by sharing our phone numbers via the PM tool and getting to know our fellow quitters. This is an accountability site so you must be ready and willing to be held accountable as well as hold other people accountable as well.

Congrats on making perhaps the best decision of your life! The freedom that comes along with being quit is second to none. I won't wish you luck because every step of this process is earned through dedication and hard work. But I will say I'm proud to be in this fight with you TODAY.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Fmk1221

• Quitter
Quit today
« on: September 27, 2021, 11:51:07 AM »