Author Topic: Back again  (Read 22960 times)

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 6 days quit....Aug 2013 (HoF)
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
Great job. Way to step up and bring it. Check out this link. http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/what.asp It will tell you what to expect. The first 3 days are the hardest, embrace the suck. Keep posting roll each day and keep your word.

Welcome to KTC.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
Quote from: chaddy08
Update to the below post......I was corrected yesterday afternoon. I am not in fact at day 6, starting over at day 1. This morning May 16th at 0930 has been 24 hours since I have used ANY form of nicotine, no chew, no nicotine gum, no patch....I have not dipped since May 9th, but no nicotine at all for the last 24 hours.

Hello All, I am a new quitter here, I am in the Navy and attended a Tobacco Cessation Class offered by the Navy on 9 May 2013. I had been dipping Kodiak Longcut Wintergreen for a little over 21 years, starting daily from the time I was 18 to present (39). I first had a friend introduce me to straight Beech-Nut long leaf chew when I was either 15 or 16. I remember it like it was yesterday, a friend of mine and me played basketball with this older kid, he had the chew and asked if we wanted to try it. We both did and took a walk around our neighborhood, my friend ended up throwing up and I didn't......I was hooked. I couldn't sleep that night and actually went down the street and took it out of his car that night (it was summer and he left his car window cracked). The longest I have gone yet on any of my quit attempts has been exactly 3 months to the day....on deployment on a submarine (the half way point of the deployment), I started up the day I got home.

So far it has been since the morning of 9 May 2013 when I last dipped, during that class. Now I have been using some nicorette gum that I bought myself, the Navy issues horrible off brand nicorette gum and the Nicoderm CQ patch. I don't want to try the patch and the actual nicorette gum is really pretty good. I also have ordered some Hooch brand non-tobacco, non-nicotine chew, looking forward to trying that out. Main thing is, I don't want to be on the Nicotine gum for any longer than I feel I really need to.

The biggest difference this time is I want to quit, finally, I have told everyone I can think of that I am wanting to quit.....especially my wife, who I have kept it a secret from for a long time, back and forth between telling her I am still dipping and I quit a long time ago, and such.

I will post roll call in my Quit group today, August 2013.....ironically, or not so, my wife's birthday will be 8 August, nearly my 100 day point, when I make it there!

Thanks,
- Chad
Welcome man, and congratulations.

I went ahead and I merged this new intro with your old one. I did this because (1) we like to have 1 intro per person, and (2) it's really interested to see our past in line with where we are now. Quitting is a learning process, and you are fresh to it. Everybody can misstep, and many do. It doesn't make it right, but it is something we need to learn from.

You see, there are 2 aspects to this quit: your physical dependency and mental habit. You break the dependence on nicotine in 3-7 days (a looooong 3-7 days), but there will still be underlying issues in your brain as it rewires itself. You will be alright, but nicotine replacement draws these symptoms out forever. For some reason, non-addicts think that tearing the band-aid off slowly helps. In all reality, it lets the smut peddlers charge more for their product to come in a different vehicle.

Secondly, your mental habit is that "empty lip" feeling. It's the urge to mow the lawn, watch a game, etc. with one in. It's that sitting around and spitting and packing it and all those lovely habits. These are easily broken, or easily satisfied with herbal, seeds, etc.

24 hours is freaking awesome, and you can do this. Drink tons of water (think marathon training. Think going to the bathroom all the time.), exercise (push-ups kill craves quickly), and limit your caffeine for now. Read everything you can here, and ask questions. Make your promise, and make some friends. We're only here to help you.

You can do this.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Now that you are Nic free, welcome! I quit with you today!

Offline chaddy08

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
Update to the below post......I was corrected yesterday afternoon. I am not in fact at day 6, starting over at day 1. This morning May 16th at 0930 has been 24 hours since I have used ANY form of nicotine, no chew, no nicotine gum, no patch....I have not dipped since May 9th, but no nicotine at all for the last 24 hours.

Hello All, I am a new quitter here, I am in the Navy and attended a Tobacco Cessation Class offered by the Navy on 9 May 2013. I had been dipping Kodiak Longcut Wintergreen for a little over 21 years, starting daily from the time I was 18 to present (39). I first had a friend introduce me to straight Beech-Nut long leaf chew when I was either 15 or 16. I remember it like it was yesterday, a friend of mine and me played basketball with this older kid, he had the chew and asked if we wanted to try it. We both did and took a walk around our neighborhood, my friend ended up throwing up and I didn't......I was hooked. I couldn't sleep that night and actually went down the street and took it out of his car that night (it was summer and he left his car window cracked). The longest I have gone yet on any of my quit attempts has been exactly 3 months to the day....on deployment on a submarine (the half way point of the deployment), I started up the day I got home.

So far it has been since the morning of 9 May 2013 when I last dipped, during that class. Now I have been using some nicorette gum that I bought myself, the Navy issues horrible off brand nicorette gum and the Nicoderm CQ patch. I don't want to try the patch and the actual nicorette gum is really pretty good. I also have ordered some Hooch brand non-tobacco, non-nicotine chew, looking forward to trying that out. Main thing is, I don't want to be on the Nicotine gum for any longer than I feel I really need to.

The biggest difference this time is I want to quit, finally, I have told everyone I can think of that I am wanting to quit.....especially my wife, who I have kept it a secret from for a long time, back and forth between telling her I am still dipping and I quit a long time ago, and such.

I will post roll call in my Quit group today, August 2013.....ironically, or not so, my wife's birthday will be 8 August, nearly my 100 day point, when I make it there!

Thanks,
- Chad

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 04:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Erussell
Chad.
You and I are a lot alike. Close age same tenure dipping, I did the cope, but very similar. Hey spit the nic gum out, to hell with any form of nicotine. To post roll you are not promising to not use dip, your promise is to not use nicotine in any form! These guys ripped me a new ass when I joined. I was on the patch. I took it off that day. I have been off nicotine completely now for 16days. And I feel free, yea there are still moments but damn it I am free. Dude quit with us. We will support you and pull you along with us. We want you in our quit group. I will quit with you brother!
I'll take this a step further -
This a NO NICOTINE SITE, period, no discussion.

Have the decency to respect those of us who quit any and all forms of nicotine and don't post here until you do.

Why this Site Works
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44

Assurance

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »
Chad.
You and I are a lot alike. Close age same tenure dipping, I did the cope, but very similar. Hey spit the nic gum out, to hell with any form of nicotine. To post roll you are not promising to not use dip, your promise is to not use nicotine in any form! These guys ripped me a new ass when I joined. I was on the patch. I took it off that day. I have been off nicotine completely now for 16days. And I feel free, yea there are still moments but damn it I am free. Dude quit with us. We will support you and pull you along with us. We want you in our quit group. I will quit with you brother!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 03:48:00 PM »
Hey brother! Welcome to the best, and healthiest, decision you ever made. I can't stress enough what TRAUMA and GR8WHITE already mentioned... Nic be gone! From this point forward you are Quit and done with that poison! Whatever it takes to keep it out of your body... Do it! Seeds, gum, candy, herbal dip substitutes, fruit-n-veg, excercise... S'all good. Just NO nic. Cold turkey bro... I did it 29 days ago and every day since. I'll join you today too!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »
Hello Chad and welcome you can do this it will suck not going to lie but if you want to quit and keep quit this is the place. One thing you cant post roll until you are quit. No NICOTINE of any kind. You are just changing the delivery of nicotine You want to quit throw it all away do whatever you have to keep yourself from using it. You like me are an addict get it away from you. Read Read READ go to the top of the page and read the welcome center there is also a section for spouses to read. Having her on board will help you with your quit. If you have any questions or need something PM me. you can do this toss the nicotine crap out dont be a slave anymore to the NIC Bitch
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »
Go to the welcome center section and read up on how and why we do things the way we do here. No nicotine, patches or gum are used if you want to post roll. Everyone who posts is cold stoned turkey. You can do it too.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline chaddy08

• Quitter
6 days quit....Aug 2013 (HoF)
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
:rolleyes: Hello All, I am a new quitter here, I am in the Navy and attended a Tobacco Cessation Class offered by the Navy on 9 May 2013. I had been dipping Kodiak Longcut Wintergreen for a little over 21 years, starting daily from the time I was 18 to present (39). I first had a friend introduce me to straight Beech-Nut long leaf chew when I was either 15 or 16. I remember it like it was yesterday, a friend of mine and me played basketball with this older kid, he had the chew and asked if we wanted to try it. We both did and took a walk around our neighborhood, my friend ended up throwing up and I didn't......I was hooked. I couldn't sleep that night and actually went down the street and took it out of his car that night (it was summer and he left his car window cracked). The longest I have gone yet on any of my quit attempts has been exactly 3 months to the day....on deployment on a submarine (the half way point of the deployment), I started up the day I got home.

Thanks,
- Chad

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
Re: Here again for the second time
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 06:22:44 PM »
Chaddy,

I've already harassed you in Jan '19 and sent you my digits as well.

KTC is remarkably simple and effective even though this is incredibly difficult to do:

1) Wake up
2) Piss
3) Post
4) Keep your word for 24 hours!
5) Repeat

If you do that, you will be Quit ODAAT. Don't worry about quitting forever, just the 24 hours (and sometimes even less than that) at a time.

As a retread you need to answer the three (four really) questions. I know you gave it a go this morning, but I'd like you to read my reply in Jan '19 and give it some more thought.

You CAN do this.
... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline chaddy08

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 09:59:21 AM »
What do I think will make this time different? I have thought about it a lot since I decided to quit (before I decided to quit - since Oct. 1st was the day I decided on to quit) and I think most of all it is that I have a daughter who is now old enough to know what is going on. (4 1/2, almost 5).  I've lied to my wife so many times about being done with it and I think what helps a lot this time too, is that rather than just logging in and posting every day, this time I have phone numbers of others, to check in with each day, they are quitting too, and it's much more close and immediate.

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 08:16:59 PM »
I'm glad you've decided to come back and try again.  Nobody is perfect.  Don't let anybody tell you that because you broke that you're somehow not good enough or you're less of a quitter or something.  We all fail in life and the important thing is that you're not giving up and you want to make a change.  I hope you find your group and get involved with them and lean on them.  Good luck and quit on!

Offline Hutch18

• Quitter
  • Interests: Keeping up with my 3 boys. Coaching basketball at the YMCA and serving on the Sports Committee.Trying to keep God in everything and daily making him my Lord and Savior.
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 02:56:46 PM »
Welcome Back only on day 84, but congrats on quitting again. What will make it different this time? After re-reading your post, it stuck me that you might be setting yourself up for a crave. Are you truly quit? If you don't know, then ponder that. I know I had to ponder it and still do every stinking day.

Message me if you want someone's digits to keep you accountable. I can be an encouragement and a real pain in the ass too.
Addicts don't quit once for a lifetime, they quit daily for a lifetime.

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 02:38:46 PM »
Welcome back, but just to be sure, it wont work if you are here to try.
Don't try to quit.
Don't think of it as something you have to do.
Stop thinking about it and just QUIT.
Wake up early, post your promise not to use.
Keep your word and do not put any nicotine into your body.
Wake up and do it again the next day.
You can keep your word for 24 hours, can't you?
That's all it takes.
Trying is for fakebook.
We quit here
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021