Author Topic: Gunnar’s Quit, February 8th, 11pm  (Read 7243 times)

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 574
Re: Gunnar quit February 8th, 11pm
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2019, 09:02:01 AM »
Question for you quitters that have had dogs.  Did you ever open a can and let them take a whiff? Almost every dog I’ve had smell a can, including my own, and many other hunting dogs, would curl their lip back and growl at it.  Now this is an animal that licks it’s own ass crack every day, that eats shit (FYI-all dogs are shit eaters), retrieves dead animals for fun.....and they growl at the smell of chew....how in the Actual F did that not sink in for me?

I’m guessing I’m not the only one with that experience....

Mine didn't growl, but he sure did curl back and turn his head like... WTF is THAT shit?

Gross and sad, we were then.  But not anymore.  Never again.  Quit is number 1b, after family and that is all there is.
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/8/2019
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 10:16:26 PM »
Question for you quitters that have had dogs.  Did you ever open a can and let them take a whiff? Almost every dog I’ve had smell a can, including my own, and many other hunting dogs, would curl their lip back and growl at it.  Now this is an animal that licks it’s own ass crack every day, that eats shit (FYI-all dogs are shit eaters), retrieves dead animals for fun.....and they growl at the smell of chew....how in the Actual F did that not sink in for me?

I’m guessing I’m not the only one with that experience....

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2019, 10:00:48 PM »
Thanks guys.  Might be the nic bitch, might not, either way I’m not going back to the tin! Sure am enjoying having lower credit card bills every month!  Just chilling with my 1 yr old boy (sleeping) flipping between NCAA hockey and playoff hockey. Go Bulldogs!

Gunnar 62

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/26/2019
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: February 8th, 11pm
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2019, 08:39:13 AM »
I haven’t had much to say lately....just plugging away at life.  Sometime that statement makes me sad.  Working my corporate job, raising my 2.3 kids (just 2 really) paying my mortgage....the daily grind. Drink 3 beers on Friday night, fall asleep on the couch, start a new week rinse and repeat.

Still QLFADD.....and I wouldn’t really call what I’m in a nic funk at this point, just kind of a general life funk.  Time to pull the big boy pants on and enjoy all the little things that make life great.

Thanks for the pep talk boys....have a great weekend.  And if anyone wants to talk bow hunting turkeys this spring I’m a PM away, just haven’t found that thread on here yet!

Gunnar 56

Gunner I hear you brother. I know that feeling your talking about. I do think it is still related to the nic. We used to have that go to that "sugar pill" that we knew would always be there for us. It was also a stimulant that gave us that little extra kick.

This too shall pass. I know in my heart some day I would look back on this stretch of life and thank myself, maybe even laugh about it. I'm here if you want to chat bro. I can relate.

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
  • Quit Date: 1-22-2019
  • Likes Given: 86
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2019, 06:13:03 AM »
I haven’t had much to say lately....just plugging away at life.  Sometime that statement makes me sad.  Working my corporate job, raising my 2.3 kids (just 2 really) paying my mortgage....the daily grind. Drink 3 beers on Friday night, fall asleep on the couch, start a new week rinse and repeat.

Still QLFADD.....and I wouldn’t really call what I’m in a nic funk at this point, just kind of a general life funk.  Time to pull the big boy pants on and enjoy all the little things that make life great.

Thanks for the pep talk boys....have a great weekend.  And if anyone wants to talk bow hunting turkeys this spring I’m a PM away, just haven’t found that thread on here yet!

Gunnar 56

You are kicking ass Brother and I am Proud to call you a Brother in Mayhem! I know what you are saying. Even this far into our quit, feels like a part of us is missing, but that did that shit really do for us? I have been lucky to have a lot of Great Days, the few shitty days tossed in, I know in my heart a turd won't make me feel better.. well it will for a millisecond, but then we think of the Brothers we let down, tossing that shit away, sure a headache might go away, but I honestly believe that headache was not real, it is more of my addict mind telling me I have one and the only thing that will work is Cancer Shit..

Keep up the Awesome Work, Life is never easy for anyone, but we can still enjoy it without the shit in the lip.

Proud to be  apart of May 19 !! You guys keep me motivated in my quit!!!!!!
QD 1-22-2019. HOF 5-1-2019.  1st floor

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. “

-Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2019, 05:01:36 PM »

Gunnar 56

You are kicking ass Brother and I am Proud to call you a Brother in Mayhem! I know what you are saying. Even this far into our quit, feels like a part of us is missing, but that did that shit really do for us? I have been lucky to have a lot of Great Days, the few shitty days tossed in, I know in my heart a turd won't make me feel better.. well it will for a millisecond, but then we think of the Brothers we let down, tossing that shit away, sure a headache might go away, but I honestly believe that headache was not real, it is more of my addict mind telling me I have one and the only thing that will work is Cancer Shit..

Keep up the Awesome Work, Life is never easy for anyone, but we can still enjoy it without the shit in the lip.

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2019, 08:46:54 PM »

Gunnar 56

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4351
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »
Been a rough 7 days at our house as influenza A rips through 3 out of 4 of us. So far the 4yr old has escaped.  Flu shots for all, but the strain that hit us didn’t give a shit!

During my feverish nights I tend to have some wild dreams, and I had my first dip dream, and in it we were working on my ‘96 Chevy Silverado getting her back up and running.   I definitely had the in dream guilt and I was trying to figure out why I’d dip, and I was already dreading my next Day 1.   As soon as I woke up I knew I hadn’t dipped, and feeling a of relief came over me.  It wasn’t as vivid or convincing as I’ve heard some describe but I assume it is just different for everyone.

Stay quit brothers Gunnar 34
Damn brother sounds like you got your hands full! While they completely suck, the best part about dip dreams is that whatever your addict brain managed to concoct, it didn't happen. I've had some dip dreams where I almost log onto to KTC in my dream and have to post a Day 1. Nuts.

Take care of yourself and your family and I hope everything starts looking up soon! Proud to be quit with you today Gunnar!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:56:52 PM by MNxEngineer314 »
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 07:56:25 AM »
Been a rough 7 days at our house as influenza A rips through 3 out of 4 of us. So far the 4yr old has escaped.  Flu shots for all, but the strain that hit us didn’t give a shit!

During my feverish nights I tend to have some wild dreams, and I had my first dip dream, and in it we were working on my ‘96 Chevy Silverado getting her back up and running.   I definitely had the in dream guilt and I was trying to figure out why I’d dip, and I was already dreading my next Day 1.   As soon as I woke up I knew I hadn’t dipped, and feeling a of relief came over me.  It wasn’t as vivid or convincing as I’ve heard some describe but I assume it is just different for everyone.

Stay quit brothers Gunnar 34

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2019, 10:53:03 AM »
30 days quit.  That number of days means nothing.  With 25 years of chewing under my belt, 30 days quit is a sprinkle of freshwater in the ocean comparatively.  However, it is 30 days of no nicotine and that means everything. This time I’m quit.  I’m sitting her early morning (since I’m reading it isn’t all that early anymore, oh well) which is normal, with my 1 year old son, typing this in between books he is bringing me to read, Dr. Seuss books are his jam right now.  It is a favorite time of day on the weekend.

My dad chewed for as long as I have memory, and my mom smoked.  I won’t blame them for any of my bad habits, I’m not someone who blames my parents for anything in my life.  My dad did his best to tell me I’m a fucking idiot for starting.  They instilled good values in me and made me a decent and productive human being and I thank them for that.  However I learned what chew was and that it must be ok since my dad and older brother did it.  That is one of the many things I’m thankful for with being quit.  My daughter and son won’t see me with a dip in my lip.  I don’t need it and I can’t have those talks with them without guilt, when the time comes.   I know that doesn’t mean they won’t try it or have friends that get them hooked, but he’ll if it will be me that starts them.

My 4 year old is now awake and all is well in the world.  Another 6 inches of snow and it is till coming down.  We’ll be out plowing, shoveling, and sledding later today.  Life is good, and getting better everyday nic free.

Winning
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 08:28:51 AM »
30 days quit.  That number of days means nothing.  With 25 years of chewing under my belt, 30 days quit is a sprinkle of freshwater in the ocean comparatively.  However, it is 30 days of no nicotine and that means everything. This time I’m quit.  I’m sitting here early morning (since I’m reading it isn’t all that early anymore, oh well) which is normal, with my 1 year old son, typing this in between books he is bringing me to read, Dr. Seuss books are his jam right now.  It is a favorite time of day on the weekend.

My dad chewed for as long as I have memory, and my mom smoked.  I won’t blame them for any of my bad habits, I’m not someone who blames my parents for anything in my life.  My dad did his best to tell me I’m a fucking idiot for starting.  They instilled good values in me and made me a decent and productive human being and I thank them for that.  However I learned what chew was and that it must be ok since my dad and older brother did it.  That is one of the many things I’m thankful for with being quit.  My daughter and son won’t see me with a dip in my lip.  I don’t need it and I can have those talks with them without guilt, when the time comes.   I know that doesn’t mean they won’t try it or have friends that get them hooked, but hell if it will be me that starts them.

My 4 year old is now awake and all is well in the world.  Another 6 inches of snow and it is still coming down.  We’ll be out plowing, shoveling, and sledding later today.  Life is good, and getting better everyday nic free.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 07:58:20 PM by Gunnar »

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2019, 08:48:14 PM »
Keep posting in your intro Gunnar.  Writing is therapeutic.  The beauty of it is, you can read your intro when you are having a difficult time.  It really helps.  It also helps those who come after you, when they have times of trouble.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2019, 07:34:50 PM »
Ok old man winter that’s enough. 45” of snow in less than 29 days....come on.  The older I get the less I like winter.  My daughter however loves the snow so that is my saving grace, the only reason I haven’t completely lost it this winter.

Just some random thoughts, but as Candoit has pointed out to me the shovel, plow, snowblower, all still work without a dip.  I think I’m over the physical aspects of quitting.  Hope all you quitters are doing well this Friday night.  Proud to quit with you.

For any of you potential quitters wishing you could kick the shit. You can, it is 1 simple decision away.  If you can make that decision and 100% buy into it you will be quit.  You cannot be 50%, 75%, 95%, or even 99%. 100% buy into the decision to quit, flush your tin and start posting. 

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 11:52:50 PM »
Almost 3 weeks now...This is when complacency is suppose to start to slide in.  i can see that, I’ll have to be vigilant to that nic b.

Interesting side effect, I fall asleep almost immediately after the kids are in bed or the house settles down.  If I sit down in a chair or on the couch, I’m out like a light....anyone going through that difference?

Happy to be quit with all you quitters! Day 19 still...

I am in the same boat, and honestly I kind of like it. My routine has changed a little, I use to do a little gaming now and again to unwind, but now I just feel relaxed. Proud to be Quit with you

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 11:01:58 PM »
Almost 3 weeks now...This is when complacency is suppose to start to slide in.  i can see that, I’ll have to be vigilant to that nic b.

Interesting side effect, I fall asleep almost immediately after the kids are in bed or the house settles down.  If I sit down in a chair or on the couch, I’m out like a light....anyone going through that difference?

Happy to be quit with all you quitters! Day 19 still...