Author Topic: I am ready..  (Read 40374 times)

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
Re: I am ready..
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 02:53:00 PM »
Thanks trigerhapy and paul-san. Figured out the roll call group
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline paul-san

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 86
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 02:19:00 PM »
Quote from: FISHFLORIDA
My name is Dave and I have been chewing some form of tobacco for the better part of 30 yrs. It seems surreal to actually write that because I don't think of myself as a dipper. It started in a rural town where all the cool older kids did it. I was hooked. I managed to quite for a couple of years in 95 but on a drive up to Atlanta to the summer Olympics, I caved in. That was 20 yrs ago. My girlfriend doesn't really know how addicted I am because I've downplayed it, probably just kidding myself.
I'm into my 3rd day dip free and I'm still committed and still clean. I have thought about choking everyone around me, but decided jail is not a good option. Every time I want a dip, I chug a water. My biggest fear is getting on my flats boat without a chew. I don't think I've ever done it before. I know some people say to avoid having a drink but I don't drink. It's the boat that's the catalyst.
Anyway, here goes! Day 3. I quit for my Grandfather. Someone tell me I'll be happier without it please.

Dave
Dave, first and foremost is great that you are quitting. The way it works here is that you have to quit for yourself first. It's admirable that you mentioned your Grandfather, but you have to quit for you first. With that, the next step for you is to join the Aug quit group since you quit on Aug 23rd. Once you locate that group post roll per the instructions. We post roll every day, early in the day. It's our commitment to ourselves and the group that we are quit for the day. Then we do this everyday.

Go Post Roll! Welcome to KTC. Great decision on your part to quit. Make it for you! I am here to quit with ya!

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 02:17:00 PM »
Hell yes man, if I can quit this crap you can too. (35+ years for me)
By your quit date it looks like you'll be in the August 2016 group.
Check the link and start posting your promise. Theres a lot of power in that daily promise to quit and overcome this addiction.
topic/11604982/

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
I am ready..
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 01:51:00 PM »
My name is Dave and I have been chewing some form of tobacco for the better part of 30 yrs. It seems surreal to actually write that because I don't think of myself as a dipper. It started in a rural town where all the cool older kids did it. I was hooked. I managed to quit for a couple of years in 95 but on a drive up to Atlanta to the summer Olympics, I caved in. That was 20 yrs ago. My girlfriend doesn't really know how addicted I am because I've downplayed it, probably just kidding myself.
I'm into my 3rd day dip free and I'm still committed and still clean. I have thought about choking everyone around me, but decided jail is not a good option. Every time I want a dip, I chug a water. My biggest fear is getting on my flats boat without a chew. I don't think I've ever done it before. I know some people say to avoid having a drink but I don't drink. It's the boat that's the catalyst.
Anyway, here goes! Day 3. I quit for my Grandfather. Someone tell me I'll be happier without it please.

Dave
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Slather on the quit sauce
  • Quit Date: June 28, 2018
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, skiing, hockey, reading, video games
  • Likes Given: 54
Re: I am ready- Brought from tapa
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 10:21:39 AM »
Today marks 1000 days clean of nicotine.  For those of you reading this that are new to KTC, let me lead by example.  Do as I did.  Drink the koolaide.  Exchange digits and post roll every day.  I have posted roll for 1000 days straight.  It is not a burden nor is it a chore... it is a honor and a privilege to be counted present among this many people that care so deeply for my wellbeing and my quit. 
If ANYONE needs another set of digits to be held accountable, just pm me and mine will be returned via text.   Thanks to everyone here.
FISHFLORIDA-1000 freakin days of kickin' nic in the ass!
Huge accomplishment and something to strive for. Thanks for being a part of my daily quit and showing that small wins add up in big ways when left to grow.
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills."

HOF Speech -A lot has happened

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 09:59:33 PM »
Tight lines brother.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 05:23:49 PM »
Congrats on your comma.  Never let your guard down. 

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1614
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 02:42:45 PM »
Today marks 1000 days clean of nicotine.  For those of you reading this that are new to KTC, let me lead by example.  Do as I did.  Drink the koolaide.  Exchange digits and post roll every day.  I have posted roll for 1000 days straight.  It is not a burden nor is it a chore... it is a honor and a privilege to be counted present among this many people that care so deeply for my wellbeing and my quit. 
If ANYONE needs another set of digits to be held accountable, just pm me and mine will be returned via text.   Thanks to everyone here.

Huge Congrats Dave.  Sorry we couldn't get together while I was there.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 06:08:54 PM »
Hell. Yes!
Commas be all sexy and shiz.

Congrats bro!
Hey Fish, thank-you for sticking around and paying it forward.  You impacted MY LIFE and in a positive way.  Thank-you!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 09:16:07 AM »
Hell. Yes!
Commas be all sexy and shiz.

Congrats bro!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 04:21:24 PM »
This is a list of BAQ's that posted into my intro and was archived.  It is near impossible to take over all those posts, but I'd like to make mention of all the support they gave me over the years.  I can't thank you all enough.

Trigerhpy     Chick dip     Nixon     PKY     WalterWhite     PaulSan     MNX     Jheff     Matlock     Pab1964     Kubia idahoSpuds     JB65     JDM     KingNothing     Thumblewort     Lonnier     Mike1966     ArmyDan     Cavman     BaseballBrett     Prohunter     Worktowin
Candoit     Viking     Applejack     FLLIPOUT     DonkyMN     Pmils     BrianG     Inkogkneedough     Nomore1959     Jeffw     Doofus     BatDad     Rawls
Srains     BBQChips     Athan
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 04:02:32 PM »
 12:53 PM - Oct 18, 2016 #38 

We'll everyone, here I am at day 148. 100% posted. My quit is strong and I know that everyday is a battle. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about Nicotine. I still find myself reaching for my pocket, putting my hand on the truck doorside under the handle. Really unbelievable that nic still has influence on me. I live ODAAT and by keeping my daily promise to my brothers, I know I am stronger and will not cave that day. I am not immune. I am human and my body ingested poison for years. I am only now training my body and mind how to deal with the absence of that poison.
 My quit has become my new best friend and I nurture it and talk to it like a best friend. I treat it right, I play with it (sending memes of quitting) I encourage it and I bring it out to show to others. I love my new friend Quit. It's kinda like an imaginary friend but when a crave comes, I know it's not imaginary. It's like my quit is playing a game of hide and seek with Nic in the woods. I'm creeping along, that nervous gut feeling that I could get tagged or chased, but if I do get tagged I laugh it off and go hide a again, this time learning where Nic likes to hide and find me.
 It's amazing how much I'll actually talk to myself out loud about my quit. How many times I pass the C store and yell "Fock You!" as I go by. I keep this entire quitting as a game. Some might yell and scream, "This is no game!! This is serious shite!". No doubt it is but I will tell you this, If you hate quitting you will stop quitting. No one continues to do something they hate to do. That is why quitting dip is hard...because you loved it. If you enjoy quitting just as much, it is something you will look forward to doing every day. I look forward to it. I enjoy quitting! Sure, sometimes the cravings suck out loud, but I turn that into something fun. Today I have a huge aerospace audit. I walked right down the middle of my plant and sang ELO Hold On tight To Your Dreams for my employees like an idiot as loud as I could. Some of them yelled at me to stop, others joined in, others just shook their heads. I find the greatest meme pictures and send them to my list of quitter friends (I can tell the ones who enjoy their quit). You always hear vets talking about embracing the suck. Take it one step further and turn it into something enjoyable. This, my fellow BAQ, will help your quit, put a smile on your face, and at the end of the day you will be a hellova' lot more fun to be around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkekqVPIc2M
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 04:01:28 PM »
 11:19 PM - Jul 04, 2016 #25 

Well, here it is. Day 42. For the newbs reading this...it does get better, if only slightly. My jaw has stopped hurting, I don't lie to friends and family to sneak away, my teeth are a hell of a lot whiter.

One of the things I'd like to say to all the newbs reading this who are thinking about joining KTC is: don't try and change what works. I get questioning it, but keep it to yourself until you actually realize that this method works. Let me give you an example... If you are dating a blonde but you love redheads, and all you do is bitch to the blonde that you should be with a redhead... Leave the blonde. You don't need to bitch and moan.

I wake up in the morning, I rub my eyes, scratch my peaches, fill the bowl and post roll. I post roll during the time I used to pack a chew. So if you say, " oh, I'll post later.." Where's the commitment to yourself?
 Another thing that I am a firm believer in is making that promise to my August brothers. "I promise I will not use nicotine today". How hard is that? I believe for some people it is very hard. I remember the first time I posted that and I thought, holy shinola... I can't dip today because I just promised a shitload of guys I wouldn't. I make that promise every day. Now, I know some people believe that just posting your name and the number of days is good and I won't argue with them. It doesn't work for me. I need to make that promise to stay clean. I need to physically write it down so my warped nic addicted brain is on the same page as my lip.

At 42 days, I'm 100% roll posted and every day is before 10am. I am not tooting my horn. I have to do this or I will be a statistic on the wrong side. I am an addict and a thousand triggers a day remind me of that fact.

If it wasn't for KTC and the August group (and all the supporters) I'd be dancing with nic still. I pray I'll be writing an HOF speech and supporting future groups. Thanks guys and a few baq girls!

Happy Fourth
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
I am ready..
« on: November 13, 2018, 03:58:02 PM »
1:51 PM - May 26, 2016 #1  This was my first post on KTC.

My name is Dave and I have been chewing some form of tobacco for the better part of 30 yrs. It seems surreal to actually write that because I don't think of myself as a dipper. It started in a rural town where all the cool older kids did it. I was hooked. I managed to quit for a couple of years in 95 but on a drive up to Atlanta to the summer Olympics, I caved in. That was 20 yrs ago. My girlfriend doesn't really know how addicted I am because I've downplayed it, probably just kidding myself.

Dave
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:22:09 PM by FISHFLORIDA »
My Intro
My HOF Speech