Author Topic: What now?  (Read 5902 times)

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
Re: What now?
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2021, 05:57:25 PM »
Just thinking of you today AFA. We miss you in the Shell.
Definitely a quitter I would have loved to meet. Very influential I'm my early days of being quit. Will always be missed
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Natro

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: October 20, 2014
  • Interests: Quitting, cooking, reading, travelling, meeting other quitters.
  • Likes Given: 72
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2021, 02:32:43 PM »
Just thinking of you today AFA. We miss you in the Shell.
Proud January 2015 "Shell"er
He who controls the spice controls the universe.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 10:56:00 AM »
Quote from: Dagranger
I guess I'm with everyone else who is totally stunned. Usually you can see a cave coming. But I went back and read all of the posts you made, and I think it's pretty clear you know what you did wrong and how to get back to quitting. For myself I always think that if I caved I couldn't get back on track...hopefully that won't happen with you. Second time around don't use the 100 day mark as a milestone. Takes a lot longer than that for a lot if us. Good luck. Be a leader again.
Congrats on pushing through the second time around. Keep it up.
I second that, you learned from the past. A year in the bag is bad ass!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2015, 09:29:00 PM »
I guess I'm with everyone else who is totally stunned. Usually you can see a cave coming. But I went back and read all of the posts you made, and I think it's pretty clear you know what you did wrong and how to get back to quitting. For myself I always think that if I caved I couldn't get back on track...hopefully that won't happen with you. Second time around don't use the 100 day mark as a milestone. Takes a lot longer than that for a lot if us. Good luck. Be a leader again.
Congrats on pushing through the second time around. Keep it up.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: ChickDip
Congrats on your 1 year mark yesterday!
Thank you for the constant support in my July15 group.
I quit with you today.
'oh yeah' Nice job brother and what ^^^ she said!

Quit on!
Agreed ... nicely done AFA. I sure wish you had 174 more days than now, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise. NEVER AGAIN! You don't do that shit no more!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2015, 02:39:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
I quit with you today.
'oh yeah' Nice job brother and what ^^^ she said!

Quit on!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2034
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2015, 02:28:00 PM »
I quit with you today.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 02:28:00 PM »
Happy Birthday 30!

'chew2'

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »
Saw your day 4 and was filled with mixed emotions. Sorrow that you failed, yes you failed but glad that at least you came back. I haven't read through everything regarding your cave yet but I will. Since school started for the kiddos I haven't been on KTC much (for support) but I damn sure on every day to post roll.

You have digits, use them. Just never put that shit in your pie hole again.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Malonerton22
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: Air
lightly7, gmann, Bradleyguy, slug.go  Smeds... What can I say? I look back to that first post here on KTC  I remember that addict. I didn't think it was possible. I was scared. So many failed attempts in the past. Didn't know if there was hope. Thanks to all of you for your support. This is a TEAM fight for sure. I appreciate you all more than you know. You have helped save my life. I couldn't have done it without you. And that's the truth.
Well, you sure let your TEAM down. Get back in the fight!
Well said Slug.

Get back on that horse. Remember how much it sucked waking up each morning with sore ass gums? I do. And then being frightened and ashamed as shit when you went to the dentist? Yep, that too. Also nice having a few extra bucks in my pocket for pizza, tbell or spending on the dogs. There are countless reasons, find yours and stay committed.

Once you post in Jan 15' I will post each day with you.
How bad do you regret caving?
This makes me sad.

And angry.

You didn't own it. Do you understand what I mean? You need to own it... not only the baggage of being an addict, but the baggage of being an ACTIVE quitter. For awhile, and it differs for each one, you need to be resolved to the fact that quitting and being clean will be work. You get that?

Work.

You gave up. Plain and simple... You stopped caring about working on being quit and that's why you failed. Explain it away any way you want but you got lazy and you were weak.

You cannot afford that.

There will come a time when quitting is second nature and it is what you ARE instead of what you're DOING... You didn't reach that point. It owns you still.

How are you gonna change that and be the master?

Own it.
I for one expect more from former military no matter what branch. AJ is mad and sad as are many others. I say thank you for reminding me that I am quit. Never ever will I succumb to the calls of the siren Nic bitch.

FU nicotine and FU big tobacco for claiming yet another victim.

Everyone else use this as a spark to reignite your quit flame not a reason or an excuse to become yet another bad decision.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2014, 06:27:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
lightly7, gmann, Bradleyguy, slug.go  Smeds... What can I say? I look back to that first post here on KTC  I remember that addict. I didn't think it was possible. I was scared. So many failed attempts in the past. Didn't know if there was hope. Thanks to all of you for your support. This is a TEAM fight for sure. I appreciate you all more than you know. You have helped save my life. I couldn't have done it without you. And that's the truth.
Well said Slug.

Get back on that horse. Remember how much it sucked waking up each morning with sore ass gums? I do. And then being frightened and ashamed as shit when you went to the dentist? Yep, that too. Also nice having a few extra bucks in my pocket for pizza, tbell or spending on the dogs. There are countless reasons, find yours and stay committed.

This makes me sad.

And angry.

You didn't own it. Do you understand what I mean? You need to own it... not only the baggage of being an addict, but the baggage of being an ACTIVE quitter. For awhile, and it differs for each one, you need to be resolved to the fact that quitting and being clean will be work. You get that?

Work.

You gave up. Plain and simple... You stopped caring about working on being quit and that's why you failed. Explain it away any way you want but you got lazy and you were weak.

You cannot afford that.

There will come a time when quitting is second nature and it is what you ARE instead of what you're DOING... You didn't reach that point. It owns you still.

How are you gonna change that and be the master?

Own it.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »
Well said Slug.

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Malonerton22

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-28
  • Interests: Volunteering and fostering dogs. Cartoons. LOTR. Baseball. Disc golf. Jogging and hiking. Reading (preferably non class related materials). Any activity that involves not dipping!
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2014, 02:47:00 PM »
Well said Slug.

?Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.?
?To live only for the moment and the self is to fall far short of one?s potential.?
?Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.?

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
Quit since 1/23/14