Author Topic: New to site and quit  (Read 13011 times)

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
Re: New to site and quit
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 07:32:57 PM »
Holy crap...I’ve never felt this welcome or protected anywhere in my life. The fact that it’s a bunch of strangers is even crazier. But, I am seeing, as I’ve spent a large part of today reading through the forum, that I may not k ow any of you personally...we are all bonded through the decision, the quit, the refusal to give in and the willingness and determination to help others. This is actually a little overwhelming for me, as I’ve never been one to share feelings or let ANYONE in to my darker side. I have much appreciation to everyone of you. I’ve had multiple people dm me, freely giving me their digits to make sure I have the lines and resources to use. The decision ultimately rests with me. You may very well hear from me. I have fought this addiction for 23 years. It has consumed me every minute of every day. I don’t want to go back. And I will use every thing I can to do so. Thank you again...all of you for encouraging me and hopefully for kicking me in the nuts if needed.

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/8/2019
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 04:34:24 PM »
I’m also in the May 19 group and saw you posted roll, well done. I don’t have much to add other than I just wanted to reinforce the community here and the accountability. We are building a strong quit group in May 19, and look forward to adding another strong member.   We make our promise to quit nicotine every morning as soon as we get up, as the others said WUPP. If you want digits are a PM away. 

I quit with you today, Jon.

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 04:18:00 PM »
Day 19 on your own is pretty badass! But you definitely came to the right place. Lots of good guys here willing to help out and keep you straight. You must completely buy in, exchange digits, and keep tellin all forms of nicotine to fuck off. Glad to see you here brother, and if you ever need anything including some digits, hit me up. Accountability is the name of the game around here. Keep rockin your quit and congrats.
Steve
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 12:28:15 PM »
Dawgs,

Read Rick Jr's message below and then go post roll call in the May 2019 Pre-HOF group (https://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=1015.0).

Get on the quit train and make it real.

June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 10:56:39 AM »
Welcome Home Brother, that's the cool thing about this site, We are all going through the same shit together, and together we will beat it! Glad to have you here. If you ever need anything my Digits are a PM away! Remember this simple fact

We Quit One Day at a Time (ODAAT) we Wake Up, Piss, Post on Roll, every day (WUPP) get digits from folks, it really does help. Stay Strong, Stay True.

The Cravings Pass, Work is a huge trigger for me, as the stress is high, Stay busy, Drink lots of Water, take a short walk if you can, Remember you are quitting for 24 Hours, then you start over again. Draw that line in the Sand, Make a goal (Its 8 am, I'm just starting work, I am going to quit and make it to 10, then 12 etc.) Hour by Hour, Minute by Minute, Second by second. When you get to that "Line" draw another. I found the best thing to do is not dwell on things, try your best. Nicotine is the Bitch, she is every where Dip, Chew, Cigars, Cigs, Gum, EPens.. I use to think it was better to use Gum or Patches, but that don't get us away from the thing that keeps us.

The feelings as you know Suck, Embrace them, Never forget how shitty you felt, You don't want to go back. Toss the Money you would normally spend in a jar or something, buy yourself something cool at the end of the month!

Welcome to KTC Brother!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:01:47 AM by Rick Jr »

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/26/2019
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 10:16:42 AM »
Welcome Dawgs! You are in the right place and it sounds like you are here for the right reasons. One day at a time. Soon you will start feeling better and better.

I'll send you a message with my digits. Feel free to reach out. There's a lot of great support here to help you get through the bad days.

Keep it up!

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
New to site and quit
« on: February 24, 2019, 10:05:52 AM »
Good morning folks. My name is dawgs. I turned 40 on 2/5. That was also my last dip. At 1845 that evening. I’ve heard of this site before but an a little bummed that I just now really looked in to it. I am beginning day 19. I went cold turkey, no replacement. It really sucks. I feel like shit, still. BUT, I have finally found out that, even though I feel like shit, I still feel better than I have in a really long time.
     I am rambling for a minute, but I have no one to talk this out with. My wife doesn’t want to hear about it. My friends don’t even know I do it. I began when I was 17. I stopped at 40. It’s more than just an addiction, it’s a love. I love dip. But I also love nicotine. And, as most addictions go, I hate it all at the same time. Everyday for last 5 days, the craving has been really fucking intense. With lots of stress at work and other stuff, it feels almost like I am on day 2 or 3 again. I walk into the gas station and at the register is a rack of nicotine gum. SON OF A BITCH THAT LOOKS FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!  But no, I don’t do it. I want to, but I walk away. I have to get rid of this addiction. It isn’t negotiable. It can’t be just a social or casual thing. It is all or nothing. I CANT CAVE!!   I WONT CAVE!!!. I see a lot of badasses on here who have dipped longer, heavier and who have had worse things happen to them and they didn’t cave. I applaud you and thank you for being a role model for me. I apologize for my language. I don’t normally use profanity but this quit thing has brought out the beast in me.
    Again, sorry for the rambling. It feels good to get this all off my chest and not go through this alone. A special thanks to those that have quit and continue to stay vigilant and help others. You are the one and only reason I know I can do this. Thanks for listening to me.