Author Topic: What now?  (Read 6115 times)

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Wife & kids, mountian biking/cycling, running, surfing/body surfing... Pretty much anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What now?
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 05:22:00 PM »
lightly7, gmann, Bradleyguy, slug.go  Smeds... What can I say? I look back to that first post here on KTC  I remember that addict. I didn't think it was possible. I was scared. So many failed attempts in the past. Didn't know if there was hope. Thanks to all of you for your support. This is a TEAM fight for sure. I appreciate you all more than you know. You have helped save my life. I couldn't have done it without you. And that's the truth.

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »
Hell yes AFA - awesome job!

Proud to quit with you

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »
Quote from: Bradleyguy
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: Smeds
A milestone has been reached, proud as hell of you July brother ... congrats on 100 days, I'll quit with you EDD!
Congrats on the 100...do it again!
Nice job!
Congrats. Glad to have you here.

Offline BG

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
Quote from: slug.go
A milestone has been reached, proud as hell of you July brother ... congrats on 100 days, I'll quit with you EDD!
Nice job!

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Air
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Bean
AFA, YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU HAVE ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED. YOU HAVE TO DECIDE THAT YOU WILL DO THIS.

The attitude that you have when you start any task largely determines whether you are successful. Fix your attitude.

Also, you're not using the word "can" correctly when you say "you don't think you can." Are you kidding me? You don't control your fingers? You can't keep your trap shut? Of course you CAN. You are capable of not doing something. What you mean is you don't "WANT" to do this. Different word...different problem.

If you don't WANT to be quit, you won't. You have to want this more than a drowning man wants air. You have to go whole-hog. You have to fight this fight like it is life or death...because it is.

Nobody can do this for you. Nobody can write you a note. It doesn't matter where you came from, how much money you have, or who your daddy knows. This is about you. This is about singularity of purpose. Say, "I WILL NOT PUT THAT SHIT IN MY BODY TODAY COME HELL OR HIGH WATER." Then, keep your word.

Don't worry about tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, whatever. We'll deal with all of that when it gets here. The only thing that matters is getting through today...this five minutes...nicotine free. Anybody can go one day, right?

Click around in the Quit Groups...not just your own, but a few other months and years. Then think, every bad-ass you see there was once right where you are now...and they're making it...day by day. They made it to where they are because they got the right attitude, they gave their word, and they are fighting like Hell to keep it everyday.

So, do you want it? If yes, great. Post roll, read all you can and repeat. If not, good luck with jaw/tounge removal and feeding tubes. Also, have you told your wife and everyone who loves you that you prefer nicotine over them? You should. Your disfiguring surgeries and eventual death might be easier on them if you explained that you realize addiction will kill you, but that you love Nicotine more than them. Read the Tom and Jenny Kern story if you want a better glimpse of your future if you don't choose to quit. Let me warn you...it is a ton of reality. When Tom's little girl is pleading "Daddy, don't go" at his feet as he passes...and this is happening while Jenny watches helplessly?!!! HOLY SHIT that was powerful stuff!!! Still think you can't do this?

You wouldn't be here if you didn't want to quit. You just have to get your priorities straight. Put being quit up there with breathing and you will find that YOU CAN DO THIS, BROTHA!!! WE QUIT WITH YOU TODAY!!!
Read ^^^ again. You really want this!?!? Then it's yours!! TAKE IT,, IT DON'T JUST COME TO YOU. YOU GOTTA TAKE IT! Start arming yourself with knowledge bro. Start reading about this addiction/nicotine. Knowledge is power. You begin changing the mind and you'll be surprised at where this quit goes. Gotta start pulling the truths out so the lies have less power. Quit with you today.
Day 62  I can't beleive that I've made it this long without dip. I am fired up about living clean. Never thought it could feel this good. Thank you all for the words of encouragement  help along the way. The craves come  go but the urges aren't what they used to be. 'oh yeah'
Accountability + Brotherhood = Success

Proud to see you fired up about your quit and living clean. 62 days is nothing to take lightly...you should be proud. Keep doing what you are doing and own your quit every minute of every day. Be prepared for the pre-HoF funk...just know it can and usually does happen in the 75-100 day time frame, and be on guard. Help your brothers watch for the same. Very nicely done!!

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Wife & kids, mountian biking/cycling, running, surfing/body surfing... Pretty much anything outdoors.
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
AFA, YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU HAVE ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED. YOU HAVE TO DECIDE THAT YOU WILL DO THIS.

The attitude that you have when you start any task largely determines whether you are successful. Fix your attitude.

Also, you're not using the word "can" correctly when you say "you don't think you can." Are you kidding me? You don't control your fingers? You can't keep your trap shut? Of course you CAN. You are capable of not doing something. What you mean is you don't "WANT" to do this. Different word...different problem.

If you don't WANT to be quit, you won't. You have to want this more than a drowning man wants air. You have to go whole-hog. You have to fight this fight like it is life or death...because it is.

Nobody can do this for you. Nobody can write you a note. It doesn't matter where you came from, how much money you have, or who your daddy knows. This is about you. This is about singularity of purpose. Say, "I WILL NOT PUT THAT SHIT IN MY BODY TODAY COME HELL OR HIGH WATER." Then, keep your word.

Don't worry about tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, whatever. We'll deal with all of that when it gets here. The only thing that matters is getting through today...this five minutes...nicotine free. Anybody can go one day, right?

Click around in the Quit Groups...not just your own, but a few other months and years. Then think, every bad-ass you see there was once right where you are now...and they're making it...day by day. They made it to where they are because they got the right attitude, they gave their word, and they are fighting like Hell to keep it everyday.

So, do you want it? If yes, great. Post roll, read all you can and repeat. If not, good luck with jaw/tounge removal and feeding tubes. Also, have you told your wife and everyone who loves you that you prefer nicotine over them? You should. Your disfiguring surgeries and eventual death might be easier on them if you explained that you realize addiction will kill you, but that you love Nicotine more than them. Read the Tom and Jenny Kern story if you want a better glimpse of your future if you don't choose to quit. Let me warn you...it is a ton of reality. When Tom's little girl is pleading "Daddy, don't go" at his feet as he passes...and this is happening while Jenny watches helplessly?!!! HOLY SHIT that was powerful stuff!!! Still think you can't do this?

You wouldn't be here if you didn't want to quit. You just have to get your priorities straight. Put being quit up there with breathing and you will find that YOU CAN DO THIS, BROTHA!!! WE QUIT WITH YOU TODAY!!!
Read ^^^ again. You really want this!?!? Then it's yours!! TAKE IT,, IT DON'T JUST COME TO YOU. YOU GOTTA TAKE IT! Start arming yourself with knowledge bro. Start reading about this addiction/nicotine. Knowledge is power. You begin changing the mind and you'll be surprised at where this quit goes. Gotta start pulling the truths out so the lies have less power. Quit with you today.
Day 62  I can't beleive that I've made it this long without dip. I am fired up about living clean. Never thought it could feel this good. Thank you all for the words of encouragement  help along the way. The craves come  go but the urges aren't what they used to be. 'oh yeah'

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 05:13:00 PM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline quitter123

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 04:55:00 PM »
Airforce I am with ya man lets kick this shit. I quit with you today.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »
I used Ash Wednesday of this year to attempt to quit. I used nicotine patches because I was scared to quit the NIC bitch. A bunch of bad asses on this site called me scared and a pussy - because I was, and because they cared. It took me 30 days to grow a sack of balls and take the patch off and be a man. You are a military man with 3 more sacs than I have, just do it, and I will quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 11:44:00 AM »

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
Quote from: Raider
Those things you are hearing challenging your decision to be quit is the Nic Bitch herslf. She will tell you whatever she thinks you want to hear. She will not give up easy and her words will sometimes make sense. Be very cautious on what she says. You gotta be strong in this. It is 110% attitude. If you have a quitting attitude, you will be quit. If you don't, well then you won't.
You CAN do this. Post roll every day and keep your word. We were all in your shoes and questioned our ability to quit. We are all here to tell you that it is possible. You will have to fight for it...this won't just be handed over to you, but the fight is worth it. We quit ODAAT here. Stay quit today AF!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
Those things you are hearing challenging your decision to be quit is the Nic Bitch herslf. She will tell you whatever she thinks you want to hear. She will not give up easy and her words will sometimes make sense. Be very cautious on what she says. You gotta be strong in this. It is 110% attitude. If you have a quitting attitude, you will be quit. If you don't, well then you won't.

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
Quote from: LeonardThompson
"I don't think I can." Dude...unless you have somebody jumping out at you every half hour or so and conking you over the head, and then stuffing dip in your face...that's bullshit.

I don't think I can = I don't think I want to try.

Trust me. You can do this. We've ALL been where you are. I once told my wife I'd die if I didn't dip. I've now gone 50 days quit. I dipped for 30 years. I'm a goddam nicotine crack whore. If I CAN. You CAN.

Let's get this thing cracking, boy. I'll quit with you. Throw your shit away, post roll.
Leonard,

You're the MAN! You hit the nail on the head w/ your post  I genuinely appreciate it dude. I've said those same words to my Wife  if you can do it bro... I can too.