Author Topic: Goodbye Copenhagen - BBQchips  (Read 11250 times)

Online BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Slather on the quit sauce
  • Quit Date: June 28, 2018
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, skiing, hockey, reading, video games
  • Likes Given: 54
Re: Goodbye Copenhagen - BBQchips
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 12:30:08 PM »
 6:12 PM - Aug 28, 2018 #24
Update on the 62 day mark (close to 9 weeks quit);

I can honestly say I would not have imagined the roller coaster of the last few weeks. I had envisioned that after the Half-HOF the physical stuff was done and I would be more steady at this point. Vets had warned us of the 60 day retreat, but it still took me by surprise. Ton's of ups and downs emotionally where I felt on top of the world, best BAQ ever and will never think about Copenhagen ever again. Then the next hour I was getting craves again! Fog has also set in again from time to time but I have a much better equipped tool kit now than I did when I initially joined KTC. WUPP, drinking water, exercise (although I need to lose weight after all the candy consumption), texting with Rawktober and vets, SSOA tracking and being on the forum all get me thru and I know ODAAT. Ready for the next wave but they have been getting better slowly but surely.

Crazy journey. Just wanted to make sure I documented the post Half-HOF doldrums. I never want to go thru this again.
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills."

HOF Speech -A lot has happened

Online BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 12:29:27 PM »
 12:28 PM - Aug 13, 2018 #17
Closing in on 50 days this week and a few things; had my first cave dream recently. Weird thing was in the dream I caved with a cigarette. Freaked the hell out in the dream and woke up in a panic. Know I’m in for more but don’t look forward to it. Also been more up and down with moods in the 40’s than I have been at any other time since the first week quit. Not sure if you all are too but found they’re passing quicker. Trying to stay occupied with work and positive thoughts/meditation.
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Online BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 12:28:49 PM »
 10:24 PM - Jul 12, 2018 #11
Posted to My fellow Rawktober quit group, but wanted to pin to my Intro so I never forget how I felt after reading Todd's story:

Just got done reading Trauma’s (Todd Garcia’s) entire “Day 3” Intro thread that is pinned to the Intro forum. If any of my fellow Rawktober brothers ( or anyone else reading) needs some reassurance of why you can’t afford to slip up for even one second, it is a must read. Like SeanFiske and a lot of other people here that are still in the early stages of quit, I’m getting waves of feeling great and then waves of suck.

After 2 weeks of posting roll, taking digits, group texts, soon to be meetup, and now reading stories like Todd’s, I know I’m good to continue to make that pledge. I don’t care how bad this sucks right now. I never want my wife, kids, and family to go thru what Todd’s family did. And I hope none of you here have to either for that matter.

Thanks to Todd (wish I could have met him) and thanks to all the vets here who are helping us in the October group learn the ropes of his brotherhood and getting us through the suck.

Quit on brothers. ODAAT. Today is good.

Online BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 12:27:54 PM »
 10:02 PM - Jul 10, 2018 #8
Almost made it to two weeks. Dragging ass with fog and fatigue like crazy. I had hoped that by two weeks these kinds of physical dick kicks would subside.

Texted a few quitters and found I'm not alone with those helps.

Better to stay quit and deal with a lil fatigue and fog than cave. Lookin forward to making two weeks official tomorrow morning.

Online BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 12:27:21 PM »
 9:30 PM - Jul 08, 2018 #7

Day 11:

Weekends are definitely tougher than weekdays with work getting in the way. Was moody as hell and feel bad I snapped a few times on family. Luckily they understand and cut slack and my fellow quitters and I exchanged some texts and a few jokes.

I always thought after 7 days nic free things like mood swings would be gone, but realize I need to be ready for anything.

ODAAT. To any newer quitters in the early days, post roll first thing every morning. Make that your new habit. The thought of caving after I've posted my word and texted with my fellow quitters disgusts me. Makes it that much less likely I cave and as we all know, a promise is a promise and you just need to make one day and start again. So set reminders, get in a new habit. I have a daily reminder that goes off at 7 am every morning on my phone to post roll. Do whatever it takes, but make sure you make that promise.

It's been a wild ride, but I'm further and better off than I thought I could be. Big part of that is this site and the people here who are always a text or post away.

Stay quit and walk on everybody. Happy I made it thru the weekend and get to post roll with streak in tact tomorrow.

P.S. Oh and I got through one of the (countless) things I used to think "needed" a lip in to enjoy. Ordered a Paperview UFC fight on Saturday night. That used to mean 3hours of constant nicotine and watching fights. Can happily say I enjoyed he fights just as much nic free, maybe more because I didn't need to worry about spitters and ninja dips. One less thing to check off the list from my nicotine zombie life.

Online BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 12:26:08 PM »
 10:38 PM - Jul 06, 2018 #6
To Dejvis, my fellow Rawskters, vets and anyone else thinking of caving,

i am trying to get to day 10( double digits!). Friday night is rough right now. Been watching UFC fights and for years that meant hours of riding the nic bitch to the wee hours. I need to prove to myself that I still like things like this without nicotine because that can't be the reason I liked doing pretty much everything ( because I always had a fat lip). So I’m chugging water, eating Laffy taffy candy like a little kid, chewing double bubble, seeds, tea Za pouches, pretty much everything but the couch cushions to keep me away from the gas station.

I see that people have caved, and I’m sure there’s more than a few of us in here who are worried about the exact thing happening to them. I want a dip real f'ing bad, but for the first time in a very long time, I want to be quit more than that lipper.

I got a group text from Cap and a bunch of my fellow Rawksters tonight and that reinforced everything I've been gutting it out for tonight. Dev, and anyone else who needs it; I quit with you if you are truly in it. I want to see you all here tomorrow for Roll.

ODAAmotherF'inT.

BBQchips

Online BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
Goodbye Copenhagen - BBQchips
« on: November 01, 2018, 12:22:59 PM »
Finally getting around to transferring over some of the stuff from the old forum. Want to document and remember to look back at the earlier days of quit (Crazy how little I could form sentences and thoughts through the fog);

12:08 PM - Jun 29, 2018 #1
Been a Copenhagen slave for over 18 years, have been "lurking" on KTC for years, but have finally made the decision that this is it!

No more crutches of nicotine replacement, just straight turkey this time. Thanks to all the vets I've been reading that show this can be done, but also that it's going to suck and being real.

Let the pain begin!