Author Topic: Still Quit after 3217 days..  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Still Quit after 3217 days..
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 02:39:57 PM »
Hi Folks, Romandog here.

I guess I didn't see the memo a while back when this site was changed..

My wife and I were talking about the best decisions we have made in our lives, and joining this site and getting quit was near the top of my list, right after asking my wife to marry me.

I realized it's been a while since I've been on here, and I forgot my quit day.. This bothered me.. So I got out the Excel spreadsheet and put in my date and figured out that I'm on day 3217..

Then I decided I would see if this site still existed, and I was glad to find out that yes, you are all still here doing a great work.  So I got off my tail and found that my username was still here, that I still had an account, so I got my password reset and I'm back in.

For those of you who are new quitters, you need to know it is worth EVERY bit of pain you are dealing with. Get "head's down" and plow through it.

3217 days.. But folks.. I'm STILL an addict.. There is not a doubt in my mind that one slip and I would be back to a can a day within a week. The addiction NEVER goes away.

I've probably saved somewhere between $15,000 and $20,000 by not wasting it on dip.

It's been a while since I've had a nic-dream. Yes, I still have them occasionally.. And they are still as emotionally disturbing as they were during my early HOF days.  And THAT is a good thing.

So it's good to be here again.

You newer quitters, if you need numbers to call, PM me..

Stay Quit.. Quit is good.

Romandog
@Romandog good to see you brother and welcome back. 3217 days is badass. Hope to see you on the boards as you have a ton of knowledge that could help fellow addicts. Proud to quit with you.

Thanks, Keith.. I'll jump in when needed.. Glad that the newer Vets have things well in hand...

Proud to be quit with you..

Romandog (Mark)
July 2011 Tornadoes of Quit
Since April 18, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2030
Re: Still Quit after 3217 days..
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 02:34:40 PM »
Hi Folks, Romandog here.

My wife and I were talking about the best decisions we have made in our lives, and joining this site and getting quit was near the top of my list, right after asking my wife to marry me.

I realized it's been a while since I've been on here, and I forgot my quit day.. This bothered me.. So I got out the Excel spreadsheet and put in my date and figured out that I'm on day 3217..

Then I decided I would see if this site still existed, and I was glad to find out that yes, you are all still here doing a great work.  So I got off my tail and found that my username was still here, that I still had an account, so I got my password reset and I'm back in.

For those of you who are new quitters, you need to know it is worth EVERY bit of pain you are dealing with. Get "head's down" and plow through it.

3217 days.. But folks.. I'm STILL an addict.. There is not a doubt in my mind that one slip and I would be back to a can a day within a week. The addiction NEVER goes away.

I've probably saved somewhere between $15,000 and $20,000 by not wasting it on dip.

It's been a while since I've had a nic-dream. Yes, I still have them occasionally.. And they are still as emotionally disturbing as they were during my early HOF days.  And THAT is a good thing.

Romandog
@Romandog good to see you brother and welcome back. 3217 days is badass. Hope to see you on the boards as you have a ton of knowledge that could help fellow addicts. Proud to quit with you.
Jan19

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
  • Likes Given: 3
Still Quit after 3217 days..
« on: February 06, 2020, 11:21:34 AM »
Hi Folks, Romandog here.

Romandog
July 2011 Tornadoes of Quit
Since April 18, 2011, 08:42:00 AM