Community > General Discussion

General Discussion - 2020

<< < (59/80) > >>

MN_Engineer:

--- Quote from: chris2alaska on April 28, 2020, 04:45:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: snusquitter423 on April 28, 2020, 02:28:21 PM ---Thanks Chris for the words of wisdom, all true and well received.  Appreciate your perspective!

--- End quote ---

...and yet you still did not go post your promise to remain nicotine free?!?

--- End quote ---
You can lead a horse to water...

chris2alaska:

--- Quote from: snusquitter423 on April 28, 2020, 02:28:21 PM ---Thanks Chris for the words of wisdom, all true and well received.  Appreciate your perspective!

--- End quote ---

...and yet you still did not go post your promise to remain nicotine free?!?

snusquitter423:
Thanks Chris for the words of wisdom, all true and well received.  Appreciate your perspective!

chris2alaska:

--- Quote from: snusquitter423 on April 27, 2020, 03:24:52 PM ---Great site here, have checked it out in the past, but first time commenting.

I quit 4.5 days ago.  Dipped off and on for about ten years, mostly on, when I was young.  Successfully quit for a few years once I got in the workforce where dipping wasn't exactly mainstream.  I have an office job in the northeast. 

But things came back hard when unfortunately I uncovered snus packets (skoal).  This was a nightmare scenario unbeknownst to me because i could literally do anything with one of these in - no one could tell, no spitter, no nothing.  It was so accommodating I found myself with one ALWAYS in, and with increasing frequency - births of kids, hospital, family gatherings, big work meetings, you name it, it was right there slyly on the side of my mouth.  Been on snus for many years by now (5+)

Finally quit when I realized during this Covid stuff where there are a ton of cases by me, I was supposed to stay inside.  At first I would buy 2 cans at a time to limit trips to dirty gas stations.  But with my wife and 2 kids I realized I was running of the risk of getting them sick to continue this poor habit.  So it seemed as good a time as any. 

Here we go.

--- End quote ---

Welcome @snusquitter423

First congratulations on making the decision to quit.  Now, let me point out the huge holes in your statements so that you can get your mind right for quitting.

1. "Successfully quit for a few years once I got in the workforce where dipping wasn't exactly mainstream."  You have never QUIT.  You have only stopped for brief time.  When you are quit, there is nothing in your brain saying, "I might go back to that some time down the road".  Quit is Quit.

2. You say you quit because this COVID stuff was preventing you from going to C-Store to get any because you didn't want to endanger your family.  What happens when you are allowed to go back out?  Is your first stop going to be to the C-Store for a can of death?  Are you quitting for your family or for yourself?  I can tell you from experience that if this quit is not ALL about YOU first, it will more than likely fail.  Make sure YOU are ready.

3. "...getting them sick to continue this poor habit."  Get this word out of your brain.  Using nicotine is NOT a Habit.  It is an ADDICTION.  YOU are ADDICTED to nicotine, just ike the rest of us.  This is very important for you to understand and accept as a fact.  You are an addict, there is no cure and you will be an addict until the day you die.

Here at KTC, we pledge ever morning when we wake up that we will not use nicotine for the next 24 hours.  One Day at a Time (ODAAT).  We don't worry about tomorrow because we can only control today.  The process here is simple:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post Your Promise to remain nicotine free for the next 24 hours
4. KEEP YOUR WORD
5. Repeat Daily

Simple, but hard.  It will suck.  Embrace the suck and remember it.  You don't ever want to go through it again.  Some day in the near future it will suck a little less and it will keep sucking less and less until it doesn't suck too bad at all.  YOU ARE NOT CURED!! KEEP POSTING ROLL EVERYDAY!!

Your quit group is the August 2020 Pre-HOF Quit Group.  <------This is a link, just click it and it will take you there.

Go there and learn how to post roll.  Get to know your fellow quitters by exchanging phone numbers with them and some of the vets.  Those phone numbers give you instant access to support when you need it.  They are also the start of your web of accountability and brotherhood.  My number is available for the asking, just shoot me private message and I will gladly give them out.  Only share numbers through Private message, never on the open forum.

I know I've given you some things to think about.  I hope you decide to stick with it.

chris2alaska 831 days nicotine free

snusquitter423:
Great site here, have checked it out in the past, but first time commenting.

I quit 4.5 days ago.  Dipped off and on for about ten years, mostly on, when I was young.  Successfully quit for a few years once I got in the workforce where dipping wasn't exactly mainstream.  I have an office job in the northeast. 

But things came back hard when unfortunately I uncovered snus packets (skoal).  This was a nightmare scenario unbeknownst to me because i could literally do anything with one of these in - no one could tell, no spitter, no nothing.  It was so accommodating I found myself with one ALWAYS in, and with increasing frequency - births of kids, hospital, family gatherings, big work meetings, you name it, it was right there slyly on the side of my mouth.  Been on snus for many years by now (5+)

Finally quit when I realized during this Covid stuff where there are a ton of cases by me, I was supposed to stay inside.  At first I would buy 2 cans at a time to limit trips to dirty gas stations.  But with my wife and 2 kids I realized I was running of the risk of getting them sick to continue this poor habit.  So it seemed as good a time as any. 

Here we go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version