Author Topic: No more cave man  (Read 5707 times)

Offline comalley

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 58
Enough’s enough
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 09:09:18 PM »
Really liked this group before and made the 100 day then caved after a night of alcohol. I’m quitting that too and over 3 weeks in on that. Quit for just over a day and I sure don’t miss day 1 of a nicotine quit. Thank you guys for the opportunity to end this once and for all.

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 207
Re: No more cave man
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 06:47:00 AM »
Congrats on 100 days!

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
Boy the Broncos sure let us down didn't they?
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: comalley
Pretty intense traumagnet. 300 days ago I might have seen the sight and signed up but I have read through a lot more and am actually going to do it right this time i.e. roll call. I also am aware it's not a try site hence the name kill and not injure. But I guess we'll just have to see, my head is in it, but day at a time right?
Maybe traumagnet is intense, but he sees folks come and go just like the rest of us. When someone has a join date that is not the date of their intro or post we instantly assume that they are a caver from before. I got called out myself. Good to have people paying attention. Anyway I quit with you today. By the way put your post at the bottom of the quitter list and not the top. You will figure out why later.
When it comes to quit there is no other way to be but intense. You are not just coming in second place at the church carnival here, you are in the battle of your life. Congrats on 3 days in what is your safety plan for this weekend? I say get names numbers from hardcore (intense) people here and if you feel her whispering you get your ass on your phone and start texting calling whatever you have to do to kick this bitch to the curb. Its just like a bad relationship one side takes and takes and you are on the giving end.

read below it says smoking but you can say dip where smoking is and you will be correct. I have friends that are cardiologists and they say dip is way worse for you than smoking believe it or not.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... g/4476323/ read that.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »
Quote from: comalley
Pretty intense traumagnet. 300 days ago I might have seen the sight and signed up but I have read through a lot more and am actually going to do it right this time i.e. roll call. I also am aware it's not a try site hence the name kill and not injure. But I guess we'll just have to see, my head is in it, but day at a time right?

Maybe traumagnet is intense, but he sees folks come and go just like the rest of us. When someone has a join date that is not the date of their intro or post we instantly assume that they are a caver from before. I got called out myself. Good to have people paying attention. Anyway I quit with you today. By the way put your post at the bottom of the quitter list and not the top. You will figure out why later.
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline comalley

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »

Offline golfpro9696

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-12-09
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »
When I started my quit, yes, I was determined to quit, but I was also conscience of my willpower  the fucking temptation to dip. I took some advice here  it's worked so well: right now, put anything else in your mouth. It doesn't matter what it is. I've loaded up on Jakes mint chew  there was one day the fog was so bad I went through a whole bag of Swedish fish  a box of gobstoppers too. I didn't care how much sugar there was, I cared that it wasn't fucking tobacco.

Whatever it fucking takes to stay quit, do it.

ONE DAY AT A TIME  NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON!!
Quit Date: 12/9/2013
HOF Date: 3/18/2014
15th Floor: 1/16/2018
1 Year: 12/9/2014
2 Year: 12/9/2015
3 Year: 12/9/2016
4 Year: 12/9/2017

Proud member of March '14 Ironmen

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »
hey bro, I know a lot of this seems weird, less than manly and shit, but give the roll call a shot. Build up a support system so you have somebody to be accountable to and folks you can bitch to that will understand what you're going through. Drink the Kool-Aid bro...it's worth it! pm me for a number/email or whatever if you need a battle buddy!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »
You QUIT just once...first of all and you have to ask yourself are you ready this time. From the looks of your join date you would have been approaching 300 days damn near pissed a year away. This is not a try sight this is a quit sight plain and simple. No more excuses they suck and are nothing we all haven't heard before. So if you think you are ready this time PM me if not don't bother I have other brothers to help.
T
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Welcome Comalley. Since you have been reading on the site, lets get you posting roll in your new quit group. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the April, 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. If your electricity quits working, your internet provider goes bankrupt or you are on vacation and will not have internet access, call or text a quit brother and tell the brother to post for you. Simple and easyÂ…and therefore, no reason for not posting roll. The reason you are put in April is that will be the month that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date.

Post roll and look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Lets get your quit started today. Wayne

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box.
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like a solid blue box.
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box.
Step 6 - Click your mouse anywhere in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Paste the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 11:26:00 PM »
One day at a time!
Concentrate on that and nothing else. How? Post roll early and keep your word. Simple, yes! But the hardest thing you'll do for the next few weeks.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline comalley

• Quitter
No more cave man
« on: January 16, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »
Hello everyone, I own a Landscape business and I tried quitting the 1st of January but caved on the 13th because of beer and friends. No more! I have read a lot on this site and have decided to quit drinking for at least 50 days as recommended. The bad thing is I'm technically only 3 days into this quit, the good thing is that these 3 days were not nearly as hard as Jan.1st through the 3rd because I had 2 dips on my last cave. looking forward to victory!