Author Topic: Reading can only get you so far  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
Re: Reading can only get you so far
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2020, 12:03:38 PM »
Do you and would you have the ability to help out with the SSOA/ tracking down the missing/ and/or roll flipping duties in your April 2020 quit group? Any help at all is much appreciated and goes along way when it comes to Brotherhood + Accountability. Thanks in advance!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 05:01:57 PM »
He posted roll, it was just in the supporters section, welcome aboard Longhorn!!!!!
Well don't I feel like a smacked red ass!  A thousand apologies Longhorn. Welcome aboard again!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 02:47:01 PM »
He posted roll, it was just in the supporters section, welcome aboard Longhorn!!!!!
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 01:11:12 PM »
@longhorns6 So that's it then? You're done? decided freedom wasn't worth the price? What a pathetic waste of time. So be it. Let the"...tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands (cans) which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 11:57:09 AM »
Looks like he was on this morn but didn't post roll.  I shot him an email. 
Post roll early and often and EDD!  Make that promise and keep it.  This is a very simple recipe. 
@Athan
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 09:16:36 AM »
@longhorns6 great job posting roll. Easy, yes?  Now all you need is integrity and follow through. This works, trust me. Chewed/smoked for thirty years and I'm a slave no more.
Glad to have you aboard. Read up on the addiction and educate yourself regarding the adversary; you'll be glad you did.
knowledge is power; ignorance is terribly expensive.
Quitting with you today

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2028
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 08:48:41 AM »
Welcome!  You are in the right place to find accountability that will help you to stay quit.  I would encourage you to post roll (your 24 hour promise to remain free from nicotine) in the April 2020 group here https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16165.0
I will PM you my digits and I would be happy to help you figure out how to post roll.  I was in the same boat when I first joined, you will get the hang of it. 
The symptoms you mentioned are common.  You will have ups and downs.  What makes the difference is going through this with others ODAAT (one day at a time)
You can do it
@longhorns6 Great job posting roll. Keep coming back each day. Check your messages as fellow quitters will be reaching out to you. Only exchange digits through personal messages and not in the Intro section or on the forum. Make relationships as they go along way in helping you stay quit in hard times.
Jan19

Offline Redwood

• Quit Pro
  • One is too many and a thousand never enough.
  • Quit Date: 9/19/19
  • Likes Given: 130
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 11:36:25 PM »
Welcome!  You are in the right place to find accountability that will help you to stay quit.  I would encourage you to post roll (your 24 hour promise to remain free from nicotine) in the April 2020 group here https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16165.0
I will PM you my digits and I would be happy to help you figure out how to post roll.  I was in the same boat when I first joined, you will get the hang of it. 
The symptoms you mentioned are common.  You will have ups and downs.  What makes the difference is going through this with others ODAAT (one day at a time)
You can do it

Offline longhorns6

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Reading can only get you so far
« on: January 14, 2020, 11:07:20 PM »
28 years old been chewing since I was 13. I did quit once before a few years back for roughly 70 days but fell on hard times and haven't been able to even think about quitting again till now.
Last dip was January 1 2020, I know seems like a new years tradition hijinx but I had it planned out in my head for months that was the day of my last chew and I mentally prepared myself for the road ahead.
%100 as a 28 year old I feel I should understand a little more about technology and how these forums work but it's confusing to try read and figure out so I figured I'd post and see where it takes me. Last time I quit I did use some of the articles on the website as reference but never posted for reason's I stated before.
Figured posting may help as it's something I've never leaned on before.
Day 13 or so but there have been good days where I didn't think about it at all. Than there are days like today where the fog takes over to a point where I got up from the couch today and realized 3 hours had passed and I didn't remember anything that really happened since I got off work.
That's what brought me here something to keep my mind busy writing has never been my strong suit but something to work on with my spare time I supposed